Welcome to the H4O - HUMMER 4x4 Off Road.
    a.k.a. "The Jackal"

Thanks
    Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,119 Posts

Weekend camping/4wheeling

Seeing Squeaky wasnt ready and we werent going to arizona we gathered up some buddies to go gorman friday night wheeling and camp out in the 4x4 area, Saturday we headed up to Frazier and ran Miller Jeep Trail, then camp back camped out and sunday hung out wheeled a bit till we went home mid day sunday.

Wheeling in solid axle rigs all weekend was interesting, I got to drive the JK a bit, ride along in other rigs but overall its weird being a passenger and squeaky was surely missed!

Carnage for the JK was a bent stock lower rear control arm, bent his stock tie rod even more (has ruff stuff one already welded up just need 17in rims to clear 1ton tie rod ends) a broken driveshaft on a ford, and lastly the famous ZJ that has always been in my pics from when I started stock till today cracked the engine block with 210,000 miles on it

Here are some pics...

The ZJ used to not have a dent it...We both started wheeling around the same time. He got a daily driver and stopped giving a crap lol

After driving my brothers JK I realized 4in of added wheelbase compared to the H3 makes a huge difference. 35s can get me through most stuff on the H3 but the JK on 35s is just too low when it comes to tight technical rock crawling. Hes had his 35s on there for 3 years and are almost worn out so he plans to go bigger in the future, I feel the 35s are just too small for that long ass wheelbase. In most situations they are fine but in the tight stuff they hurt. Also, the turning radius on the JK sucks balls, maybe thats why the 35s are ok with squeaky. I can turn and maneuver to avoid things where he cant.

After driving and being passenger in the ZJ and JK all weekend I now more unsure then ever to SAS my 3. They are some pros and some major cons. Steering, ride quality and high speed stuff all lack while flex helps. If I could be sure of getting better ride quality in my 3 then they have, better steering and atleast halfway decent high speed stuff I would be all over it. The biggest con of IFS is with the limited front flex I lean into things resulting in body damage compared to staying level.

I had a great weekend and learned alot from driving, watching and wheeling in other rigs but I am sure happy to be back in 2wd squeaky. I get my front diff back this week!
    Squeaky3: 06 H3 ALPHA D70 front/Eaton HO72 rear 5.13 gears, custom crossmember for long arms, lockers, 4:1 T-case, v8 swap, hybrid cage, Warn 12k Custom bumpers....do it all vehicle

"H3 front axles are like drunk cheerleaders....just use em until they get mouthy...then toss em and get another." -anonymous

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 06 H3 For This Useful Post:

cbetts (11-05-2013)

All Terrain
    Thanks
    Sounds like a fun weekend and diffrent for you not havin your rig.
    I have not none the research but, if we had a quick disconnect for the rear sway. Would that help stay level? I have seen someones cheap fix for this, maybe it was for the front. I don't remember and again, have not done the research here.
    Still, so many questions, so many mods I want and so little money to do them all right away.
    Just slowly buildin and wheelin

Baja
    Thanks
    Squeaky has rear sway bar disconnects already.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Expendable For This Useful Post:

06 H3 (11-04-2013)

a.k.a. "The Jackal"

Thanks
    Squeaky has front and rear disconnects.

You can check it out in my build thread
    Squeaky3: 06 H3 ALPHA D70 front/Eaton HO72 rear 5.13 gears, custom crossmember for long arms, lockers, 4:1 T-case, v8 swap, hybrid cage, Warn 12k Custom bumpers....do it all vehicle

"H3 front axles are like drunk cheerleaders....just use em until they get mouthy...then toss em and get another." -anonymous

Baja
    Thanks
    and Chris, that looks like some awesome fun! Hopefully Squeaky will be back up and running soon!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Expendable For This Useful Post:

06 H3 (11-04-2013)

a.k.a. "The Jackal"

Thanks
    thanks Matt, Squeakys diff should be shipped out today!!!!

Matty Patty Pookie Bear

Thanks
    Cool trip Chris.

Hamster that pokes Bears
    Thanks
    If you set up SA correctly you will not have a harsh ride, driving HMBP on freeways and in the city I forget that it has SA. But going fast on off ramps I do notice front end jerking a little, maybe soft tires slide a little and it's a weird feeling. Ride quality is a lot better compare to Behimot.
    2009 H3t (Hamster Jr.)build - http://www.hummer4x4offroad.com/foru...009-H3t)-build
    2009 H3t Alpha
    HMBP (2000 GMC) build (sold) - http://www.hummer4x4offroad.com/foru...s-quot-project
    2008 F350 (Behimot) build - http://www.hummer4x4offroad.com/forum/showthread.php?2208-Project-quot-Behemoth-quot
    1995 YJ locked and loaded
    2017 JK "Spicy chicken" + personal touches.

a.k.a. "The Jackal"

Thanks
    that is great to hear! I am glad because ride quality is very important as its a daily driver.

Seeing it runs 40s it may be the tires.