• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

"Hold my beer and watch this" project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
So through my wee-lings and dealings I got 2001 S-10 extended cab 4.3 V6. Transmission is shot so is suspension. So I am contemplating BUDGET build. Nothing special solid 60s front and rear. 4link, budget coil-overs bob the bed or flat bed, full rollcage. So if you see a waterhole that is too deep or boulder that is too big --------------------------Then "Hold my beer and watch this"

Is this a good platform to do. I have seen one of 4x4TV shows wile back doing it with ~40".

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
do budget and coilovers belong in the same sentence? :)

I will be watching this one serge....you russians are always up to something.

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
This is research stage only.

"do budget and coilovers belong in the same sentence?" Yes probably not 3pl bypass with remote res.

Picture138.jpg
May be something like this
[video=youtube;LyP-uNeRxoQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyP-uNeRxoQ[/video]

Last edited:

atvspeed4

I started out offroading and building parts for the s-series crowd. Both of those builds were done by great guys over time and are really impressive. Is the truck you bought a ZR2 or regular S10? The zr2 has a different frame that we have found is much stronger and fully boxed. Check out zr2usa.com for info on builds

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
No this is S-10 Extreem 4.3 V6, I need to figure out what to do with it. Sell, trade or build.
I think I want to do POS looking offroader so I don't have to worry about beating it up.

Zach

Mall Crawler
No this is S-10 Extreem 4.3 V6, I need to figure out what to do with it. Sell, trade or build.
I think I want to do POS looking offroader so I don't have to worry about beating it up.

An Extreme? Lmao. Can't wait to see the build.

atvspeed4

Well I have to give it to you lol the extreme is the lowered 2wd version of the S10 with a 8.5" rear ten bolt and I have never seen one lifted/ 4wd swapped/ or SAS. That would be pretty funny to see though.

Zach

Mall Crawler
Well I have to give it to you lol the extreme is the lowered 2wd version of the S10 with a 8.5" rear ten bolt and I have never seen one lifted/ 4wd swapped/ or SAS. That would be pretty funny to see though.

Lmao! You don't know Sergio as Jrwid would say

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears

I am trying to work with what I got laying around "technology center"

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
option 2 is a lowered tacoma??

Technology center didnt get the iOS7 update huh? :wink:

whatever you do serge I am sure it will be badass....

RamRod

whatever you do serge I am sure it will be badass....

He does have a good track record so far doesn't he haha

Serge- I trust that you will come up with yet another ride that I'd be excited to jump into and go for a ride

Just remember to post up pics!!!

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
So I picked up Jr. And dropped off Sr....................

Then talking to Mel about this project funny thing happened....................

"hold my beer" step one is completed.......

So it will be in "technology center" Monday.

Step two some maintenance, prep for 29th.

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
Project is almost done and its more or less famous ................Guess witch one?
[video=youtube;V9c_5D-e-rM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=V9c_5D-e-rM[/video]

Zach

Mall Crawler
Serge, feel free to mod out the white H2 at the shop. Lift, wheels and tires. Lmao. Could be your next build thread.

Zach

Mall Crawler
Yeah! Almost took the black one. But it had no radio and dash ripped apart. There is a white one there. We even knocked on the door of technology center. And I stepped to the side. Didn't want the scud missile to hit me.

Status
Not open for further replies.