• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Hutchinson Beadlock Wheels

Portager

■ ☼▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ ☼■
I called Hutchinson to get information on their beadlock wheels and I asked if they were going to bring the Hutchinson wheels for Hummer’s back, i.e. 16" wheels 6 on 5.5 bolt pattern with 5.84" backspace. They said those wheels were tied up in a joint venture that went bankrupt, but that they purchased the remaining stock and they were bringing them back as part of the Hutchinson Rock Monster line. They said they were waiting for two other new wheels to become available before they updated their web site, but that you could get them through any Rock Monster dealers now (although the dealers probably aren't aware of it yet). I was also told that Hutchinson recently reduced the price that Dealers are allowed to quote to $399 each to be competitive with inflatable beadlocks (shipping is extra).

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Nice. I remember they had a warehouse full of h3 Hutchinson beadlocks a while back and we tried a group buy but it didn't work. this can be the solution. The only downside is price but you get what you pay for and I have heard they make good stuff

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

08SolarFlareH3

Super Swampers
I would love a set but I don't think I can swing $2000 right now. IIRC Rubber Duck 4x4 has a set of 5 left in stock. I don't recall the price and there site doesn't seem to be working.

Portager

■ ☼▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ ☼■
They are a great wheel. I'm glad Hutchinson is bringing them back and at a relatively reasonable price when you consider there are two separate aluminum forgings that must be machined plus the rubber beadlock cylinder and all the extra hardware. I don't think they are making a lot of money at $399. Still I agree they aren't cheap wheels.

For those interested in the Rancho lift, which requires 4.5" or less backspace. You can use the model number WA-0565, which measures 17" diameter by 8.5" wide with 6 bolts on 5.5" center and 4.5" backspace.

Remember when ordering Hutchinson wheels you need to specify the make and model tire you’re going to use on them, or the width of the tire at the bead so they can provide the correct rubber cylinder width. They make three different sizes which are supposed to accommodate the range of tire. This may also limit your future tire choices if you decide to change make and/or model later on.

08SolarFlareH3

Super Swampers
They are a great wheel. I'm glad Hutchinson is bringing them back and at a relatively reasonable price when you consider there are two separate aluminum forgings that must be machined plus the rubber beadlock cylinder and all the extra hardware. I don't think they are making a lot of money at $399. Still I agree they aren't cheap wheels.

For those interested in the Rancho lift, which requires 4.5" or less backspace. You can use the model number WA-0565, which measures 17" diameter by 8.5" wide with 6 bolts on 5.5" center and 4.5" backspace.

Remember when ordering Hutchinson wheels you need to specify the make and model tire you’re going to use on them, or the width of the tire at the bead so they can provide the correct rubber cylinder width. They make three different sizes which are supposed to accommodate the range of tire. This may also limit your future tire choices if you decide to change make and/or model later on.
I do agree the price is pretty reasonable and if I had the funds right now, I would be on the phone ordering a set right now! While the WA-0565 has 6x5.5 bolt pattern and 4.5" back spacing, the hub bore is to small for out application and will not work. The WA-0565 uses a 77.6mm hub bore and we have 100m hubs.

Portager

■ ☼▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ ☼■
I do agree the price is pretty reasonable and if I had the funds right now, I would be on the phone ordering a set right now! While the WA-0565 has 6x5.5 bolt pattern and 4.5" back spacing, the hub bore is to small for out application and will not work. The WA-0565 uses a 77.6mm hub bore and we have 100m hubs.

I wasn't trying to pressure you, you must have posted your response while I was typing, so I didn't see it until after I posted.

Good point on the 100 mm hubs. Nevermind on the WA-0565.

08SolarFlareH3

Super Swampers
I wasn't trying to pressure you, you must have posted your response while I was typing, so I didn't see it until after I posted.

Good point on the 100 mm hubs. Nevermind on the WA-0565.
No, I know you weren't trying to pressure me! I was just agreeing with you that the price is pretty reasonable. :thumbs:

M22KLARS

Unsafe At Any Speed
Jesus $399 per wheel?! But... they are arguably the best wheel out there for our H3's. Ya gotta pay to play!

Timgco

Hugh Hefner
yeah, TomP and I had worked on this a while back. The guy we were trying to work with wanted us to purchase the entire batch. Way too much money out of pocket to buy them and than re-sell/ re-ship. I recently talked with them to discuss when they will be available to sell individual or sets of 4/5. I was told 30 to 60 days they would be available. However, I was still awaiting the MAP and qty available. So Portager has more info than me/ lol.

The other maunfact I have been talking with is Walker Evans. The beadlocks can be set up a few different ways depending on need. Those running Rancho lifts are good to go also as you can get more offset. I'll start another thread on this if there is interest...don;t want to jack Portager's thread.

Portager, you should get a free set since you are doing the legwork for them. LOL. a consulting fee.

Portager

■ ☼▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ ☼■
Portager, you should get a free set since you are doing the legwork for them. LOL. a consulting fee.

I'll take it! :wink:

Don't worry about jacking this thread. It isn't worth that much! I was just trying to keep everyone informed. I would love to know how you could use them with a Rancho Lift. It would be nice to keep my long term options open.

Hunner

I love those wheels. Bought 9 kept five for the H3 and sold 4 to Hunner.

Ha ha yeah in a roundabout way! That was a funny story, small Hummer world.
I got 9 now, I got those plus a spare from Auggie he got somewhere, then I grabbed 4 with tires that had been at the Detroit Proving grounds. I need one more so I can have two sets of tires mounted. It's a job to mount and un-mount them. I did four, well me and three friends at a tire shop!
I will post what info I have in the tech section.

Kurt

That's cool, hopefully they may reconsider bringing out an H1 wheel again :)

They did a "Non-OEM" but OEM alloy beadlock sold through lynch hummer for a year or two, it's the rare 20 bolt version of the H1 wheel with the more rounded spoke design in the middle.

I just noticed Hutchinson's California office is just around the corner from my building, next to the Fry's in Burbank.

Odd location but there's a national guard armory just behind there full of HEMTT's and HMMWV's in the back.

Portager

■ ☼▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ ☼■
Yes, I've talked and exchanged emails with Bill Ohara and Mike Finsterbusch at Hutchinson Sales.

The wheels that Hutchinson is selling are new, never delivered wheels that were in various stages of production at the time that production was halted. The model number that fits the H3/H3T is WA-0615. They are not the wheels that Tomp found in a warehouse. The only difference between these wheels and the previously produced wheels is the older wheels were only available in Silver Sparkle powder coat, whereas the new Hutchinson Rock Monster wheels are available in the three Rock Monster colors, Sparkle Silver, Argent Gray and matt black.

I confirmed that the wheels are available from my local dealer and the list price is $399 each. If you ask the dealer they might float you a slight discount on a set (a few percent). The lead time is 2 weeks, which is basically the time that Hutchinson takes to powder coat the color of your choice and assemble them. For shipping I was quoted $360 to my home or $140 to a business that has a loading dock or a forklift.

You need to specify the tire that you plan to use so that Hutchinson can provide the correct length rubber cylinder to go inside. If you are purchasing used wheels you will need to be careful if you change tires later on.

SGT-Wright

I just dropped out of the bidding on tomps wheels he is trading. Hopefully I can get a set of these in a couple months. They would look great with my Cooper STT's mounted on them driving around Moab next year. :woot:

08SolarFlareH3

Super Swampers
Yes, I've talked and exchanged emails with Bill Ohara and Mike Finsterbusch at Hutchinson Sales.

The wheels that Hutchinson is selling are new, never delivered wheels that were in various stages of production at the time that production was halted. The model number that fits the H3/H3T is WA-0615. They are not the wheels that Tomp found in a warehouse. The only difference between these wheels and the previously produced wheels is the older wheels were only available in Silver Sparkle powder coat, whereas the new Hutchinson Rock Monster wheels are available in the three Rock Monster colors, Sparkle Silver, Argent Gray and matt black.

I confirmed that the wheels are available from my local dealer and the list price is $399 each. If you ask the dealer they might float you a slight discount on a set (a few percent). The lead time is 2 weeks, which is basically the time that Hutchinson takes to powder coat the color of your choice and assemble them. For shipping I was quoted $360 to my home or $140 to a business that has a loading dock or a forklift.

You need to specify the tire that you plan to use so that Hutchinson can provide the correct length rubber cylinder to go inside. If you are purchasing used wheels you will need to be careful if you change tires later on.
This deal just keeps getting more and more tempting. I guess I need to start saving my pennies or sell the set of H3T steelies in my closest. According to the Rock Monster site, Quadratec is the closest dealer to me. I could pick them up and avoid shipping as I go to Hershey, PA a couple times a year.