• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

PLEASE, don't try this at home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M

MUTAINT

What's WRONG here?:eek:

PLEASE, don't try this at home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KGrHqQOKo0E5kHyHORBOifVkugg60_12.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Paladine71

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
That carabiner will NOT hold under any serious weight! As soon as they pull, it'll snap, and whip that cable hard.

This setup could kill someone!

Last edited:

Hunner

Rule number one; don't buy your recovery gear at Wally World or in the general hardware department of any place! That will also kink the cable where it is around the tow loop if pulled tight which you cannot control enough to stop it. Don't use those beiners on safety chains for a trailer either. Big ass shackles on a winch cable is the way to go. I don't use an open hook with a crappy little spring loaded keeper tab that usually gets all bent up when someone else says "I will get this end"
Did you see that image file name??

"KGrHqQOKo0E5kHyHORBOifVkugg60_12"

Ther's ur sign!

Last edited:
M

MUTAINT

I was searching Ebay "H3 winch bumper" like I do once a week and found this rig for sale. I saw the very questionable connections and the warp around the D-ring and thought "OMFG the first pull and someone is going to get hurt!".

That is why I posted it, so any noob to winching would know NOT to let any DB with this kind of setup hook up to them!

HUMMER INVESTMENTS

[o O IIIIIIII O o]
Wow! Everything that comes to meet the eye like the lights and winch setup look like they are from Wally Word:roll: Hope someone that know what to do buys the truck!