• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

THORparts does the Borneo Safari....

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
I second that! Who knows...we may be surprised. Either way I am curious to see how the electronics hold up. The BCM is still always in the back of my mind when it comes to future mods.

Did you spend a ton of time on your TJ after these races? Was it trashed?

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
I kept competing with it for two more years. Now it's just a play rig. We just stripped it completely to repaint it because there some rust spots that were getting pretty bad. My 99 TJ was the perfect rig for that competition because it practically had no electronics, and the PCM came mil-spec waterproof from the factory. Only down side is that it was a bit tight, and short. The LJ would have been the perfect rig.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Seems like you could make or modify a harness to relocate the BCM. I haven't looked into but I would guess this guy did.

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
Seems like you could make or modify a harness to relocate the BCM. I haven't looked into but I would guess this guy did.

That's what I would like to do. Unfortunately it's not as simple as getting longer wires. The BCM is so sensitive to any changes in electrical signal and interference, that you would have to find some electrical genius that would know how to compensate for all of that. I know because we ran into that problem when we moved the PCM for a Land Rover Defender TD5.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
Halfway between the two. It has an electronic throttle, and I'm not sure how waterproof that is. :(

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Recon, very interesting electronic issue on my brothers JK last night. After installing his ruffstuff tie rod he needed an alignment. The steering wheel wasn't centered either and when the steering wheel isn't centered the computer thinks the vehicle is doing a power slide and randomly locks up the brakes and the traction control light turns on. If you bent a tie rod or a drag link on the trail it may or may not happen to you but still kinda scary.