• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Black 2010 H3T Alpha Offroad Build in Washington State

2010H3TAlpha

My new Nikon D500 camera arrived last week so I took it kayaking yesterday. Heavy rain outside right now so may not make it off-road today.

OU0KpGB.jpg

2010H3TAlpha

With the slant back canopy, the already terrible visibility of these trucks is now zero. So I have replaced the rear view mirror with three 4.3" screens for ~270 degrees of side/rear visibility. They're small bezel Cosmic Optix monitors with really good image quality and brightness, only $40/ea. from Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Cosmic-Optix-...8&qid=1463445227&sr=8-5&keywords=cosmic+optix

I'm also using a cheapo Amazon camera that has extremely good image quality as well as low light performance. Also it appears to be very high frame rate so it works great as a live rear view camera and not just for backup purposes: http://www.amazon.com/Reverse-Backu...&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00

FUxtN8V.jpg

The new array is only a couple inches wider but also ~1" shorter than a factory GM OEM mirror. I've mounted them up higher so I've actually gained a tiny bit more forward visibility, which is awesome!

Ud2f0tZ.jpg

I have a rear view mirror mount on the way but it will take about a week to arrive. When it does get here, I'll remove the suction cups and mount the screens to a piece of curved ABS plastic which will then attach to the factory mirror mount. I also plan to paint the monitors black instead of silver for a more factory look. Stay tuned!

2010H3TAlpha

That's awesome! I will probably pick up one of those cameras, I want to add one to the front for wheeling.

I am doing exactly the same thing as well as another camera pointed at my son's car seat so I can check on him during road trips. Very easy decision when they're only $16 each!

2010H3TAlpha

Ran the last two cables and mounted the two side-rear cameras, though not permanently as I've decided to go with a narrower angle for them to reduce wide angle distortion and make it look more like a rear view mirror. These cameras are 120 degree field of view and I'll switch them for 90 degree models. I'll put one of these in the backseat and the other up front. On to the pics!

XBbnJOl.jpg

EgOrgGB.jpg

GvPWlBm.jpg

u3qzT0i.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2010H3TAlpha

Installed an Odyssey Extreme 25-PC1400T battery today. Drops right into the factory box, just had to cut off the top for the taller size and extend the bolt for the tie-down. Truck now starts up like brand new, very nice!

F0U81an.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

High Five H2

Installed an Odyssey Extreme 25-PC1400T battery today. Drops right into the factory box, just had to cut off the top for the taller size and extend the bolt for the tie-down. Truck now starts up like brand new, very nice!

did you notice a difference with those battery terminals? Mine is acting weird and I think that's the problem.

2010H3TAlpha

Finally leveled it today after 5 years of ownership, not sure what took me so long. I reused the stock shocks with Hunner’s nut trick and it rides/brakes great. Much easier to see stoplights now too.

rFQrhno.jpg

2010H3TAlpha

Thanks!

I lost my front diff support bushing after going to 35s a couple years ago. It really let go after last summer; we had a very busy offroad season. I was driving up the parking garage ramp at the airport, and I could feel and hear my diff clunking around. I crawled underneath and gave it a yank before taking off for my flight, and sure enough, it was shot with a ton of play. I ended up calling around for estimates because I don’t have the time to do it my self right now, and all were coming back double my expectations. Then I reached out to the guys who built my 1000hp transmission. They fit me in the following week! There was zero damage to the diff, just very dark fluid so we did a flush and put it all back together with the Outfitter Designs front diff support bushing kit. I took it out on my backyard course yesterday followed by a spirited highway drive, and I can confidently say it drives like when I first bought it at 17k on 33s. The bad support bushing must have introduced so much play in the front end geometry that it was affecting steering feel. The entire front end is now tight and feels brand new. I now have zero driveline slack too. I will tow a trailer this week to see if there are any slack issues. Overall I am super impressed with the improved drive-ability, and I recommend that everyone go with this upgrade; the stock bushing is a front end destroyer. The guys at my shop were super impressed with the Outfitter Designs kit, and added that it is a very quality looking setup. Can’t wait to get back out wheeling again!

Last edited: