• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Dont get a ticket in Australia.

jakesz28

I have been to Melbourne several times. Each time I do fine driving during the day with traffic. But use cation at night. I rolled into an intersection and stopped. But it was after the flash. I got my ticket in the mail. $350 for a red light camera. That sucks. Next time I should just go to the bush.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Ouch. And you can't easily get out of those with rental cars since the agencies will bill it back to you.

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
red light camera tickets in so cal are $452 but now they cant enforce them due to some new law...Either way that sucks! 350 bucks that could of gone to hummer mods.

amrg

red light camera tickets in so cal are $452 but now they cant enforce them due to some new law...Either way that sucks! 350 bucks that could of gone to hummer mods.

In this part of the world they take running red lights very seriously! Ranges between USD 1700 and USD 14,000 (yes fourteen thousand!!!!) with or without a court sentence between 6 months to 2 years!!!!!!! If the front 2 wheels cross the line ur supposed to stop behind at the lights, the fine is a reduced USD 150

jakesz28

The thing is I did go into the enter section. But I did stop, just past the line. I saw the flash and knew this was most likely coming. Here a red light camera ticket is about $70.

Chook

Yep, here the light cameras do both the light & speed so if you push the throttle to get the yellow you get done for speed (If you are really lucky you get both as they are treated as separate offences)

RamRod

But if memory serves me right, they have a sign warning you of a camera before you pass it... On the hwy at least

Chook

But if memory serves me right, they have a sign warning you of a camera before you pass it... On the hwy at least
In New South Wales that used to be the case but Victoria doesn't. The other states have varying laws but typically now are heading more like Victoria (so they can raise more revenue from the fines).