• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Torres's 07 H3 A.K.A "Die PANZER"

JinRider

Looking Great! keep the upgrades coming I need the Feed back ...I'm Just getting started myself only add Wheels and system so far...

owlxxx

I have those same goodyears. I got them used from a rock crawler jeep. Despite that, I will definitely buy them again, new.

Panzer07

I have those same goodyears. I got them used from a rock crawler jeep. Despite that, I will definitely buy them again, new.
Yeah they are pretty nice, it is early to say but I think I will have this kind of tires as my tire "till good year or another company either makes something better or if they stop making them.

Panzer07

Thanks Man...and I Like Them Too, It Sure Gives The 3 A More Aggresive Look As Well It Helps A Lot To minimizes Rubbing When turnning At Fullt Lock...So Far I have No Complains.
awesome progess on ur H3 bro!!! really liking the spacer look with the tires out alil more

Panzer07

It it pushes them out 1.75" to be exact which mainly helps with rub against the sway bar, and since I cut off my front fender wings and cut some more in other key section in the inner plastic fender liner, which all combined reduced rubbing to none. of course this is on city drive condition. Now While wheeling with Craig over a lakesilverwood With My 35"s for the first time, I noticed that when the H3 is flexing/balancing they do rub quite a lot against the top part of the inner fender plastic liner (specially the ones in the rear), i don't know if this was due because the tires were brand new and have all the thread, because I look at Craig and the other guys truck who run 35"s and their rigs didn't look like the tires were rubbing against the top inner fender. Anyways they rub so much that I popped out 4 of the plastic clips that hold the liner in place Only time will tell once the tires began to wear out, if anything i might throw a little piece of metal sheet on the inner fender to prevent the tire rubbing against the plastic and wearing out...I hope all rubbng is gone once I Ranch It Up At The End Of May 2014.

hope this answer your question.

What about these spacers? Gives you tire clearance? No rubbing? My 33's rub...

Mike

Last edited:

Panzer07

Last weekend as well I cleaned my throttle, the air sensor, pulse-plugs, as well I use some more sea foam... And the truck smoke like crazy...I didn't take pics of my throttle but it was nasty with a lot of carbon like stuff attached to it, I'm sure it was never clean before...I scrubbed it all good and cleaned with the throttle cleaning solution, needless to say it was shinny when I got done with it. I want it to disassemble the bulky black plastic thing that the throttle piece attach to because I could see their was some of the same carbon and dirt stuff that was in the throttle all over it...but I couldn't figure out, how to disassemble it...and didn't want to break anything so I just had my wife stick her hand in it and clean it as much as she could see and reach, since her hands are smaller and fitted better than mine XP. After everything was clean I used 10 oz of sea foam and the truck smoked big time for about 10 min
here is a picture of the smoke cloud...the neighbor lady came out and ask me if my car was on fire...which me and my wife taught was pretty funny.

and idk if it just me but the panzer seems to run smoother over all, not that she wasn't before, but it all might be psychological lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    520.8 KB · Views: 366
Last edited:

poncho1965

It it pushes them out 1.75" to be exact which mainly helps with rub against the sway bar.

Yes thanks for the info! I will move to 35's when mine wear out. Just trying to research what else I need to accommodate the 35's. Probably will do the 1" Daystar lift to help it out, no Rancho lift in my future. When you install the Rancho, you will be ditching the spacers, correct ? Maybe I'll buy them from you then!!

Mike

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
I think a daystar 1in body lift is great for 35s. If I did the non rancho route I would do the 1in body lift, custom sliders to gain an inch at the rocker, 35s, shackles and disconnect front and rear.

cbetts

NERD!!!
The Daystar lift definitely helped keep my tires from rubbing the inner fender when the suspension is fully articulated. My 35"s still rub the sway bar a bit on the front when steering is fully locked to either side. You will feel it a bit, just back off a tad on the steering and it will go away. With the turn radius of the H3, it is hardly an issue.

Panzer07

Glad I could help Budd...and I hear you on that, I was gonna wait till mine wear out, but I just couldn't resist the itch for 35's so I just went ahead and got it...I kept the old tires since they had about 25-30% thread still on them and sold then to one of those little tires shops where they sell used tires and got $300 bucks for all 5 tires...not much but better than leaving them at Goodyear tire shop. And also doing daystar 1' body lift, on top of the rancho, just to be a little higher.
as for the spacer I'm keeping then since I'm gonna be running my stock rims...and I need them so they fit.

Yes thanks for the info! I will move to 35's when mine wear out. Just trying to research what else I need to accommodate the 35's. Probably will do the 1" Daystar lift to help it out, no Rancho lift in my future. When you install the Rancho, you will be ditching the spacers, correct ? Maybe I'll buy them from you then!!

Mike

Panzer07

Alrighty guys hope this can get your attention...I don't really wanna make new thread for this silly question I have.

I want to know if any of you guys know if sandpapering the clear coat of my paint with a not so rough sand paper sheets, would it leave a nice scratchy surface to paint over with some camo cans of paint, so the flat camo paint holds better and doesn't began to peel off as easy as if I were to just applied on top of the clear without sanding it ?
The camo patterns I have is Snake Skin Camo Or Sort of Multi-Cam, or this other pattern that I can recall the name of it.

Panzer07

Alrighty well after last run with the guys over at big bear hosted by Zach...it was clear to me that it was time to get myself a tire deflator and a portable compressor.
So I decide to go with the Viair 450P
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391832109.425960.jpg
And the ARB Tire Deflator
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391832135.420992.jpg
I was Messing With It Today For A While And I Like Them so Very Much, I'm Really Happy With this Purchase.
I Got To See The Viair 450P in action during last run with the guys organized by Zach...JrWid aka John he drives a badass black jeep...he inflated his 37s with no problem and my 35s without having to let the compressor rest...so I knew I had to get myself one, specially after reading nothing but good reviews about this little compressor.

And as for the ARB Deflator Poncho Let me use his and I knew I had to get one as well makes airing down a lot faster.

Sent From Someone Else’s iPad 'Cause I'm Too Broke To Own One.

Last edited:

Panzer07

Like. Need to upgrade my compressor

Mike

What's wrong with yours ?...I got mine At Amazon for What I Believe Was A Decent price ($267.09 I seen it retail for almost $300) and shipping was fast and free about 5 days. Plus everything seems pretty high quality as well not really much need for the deflator since you can use the hose attach that you use to get the air to the tires as a Deflator as well, not as fast as the ARB But Good.

Sent From Someone Else’s iPad 'Cause I'm Too Broke To Own One.

Zach

Mall Crawler
That was Jrwid aka John with the bad ass JK.

Also had the ARB deflator. Works good but IMO a PITA. Went to stauns. Screw in and can mingle more lol

Last edited:

Panzer07

That was Jrwid aka John with the bad ass JK.

Also had the ARB deflator. Works good but IMO a PITA. Went to stauns. Screw in and can mingle more lol

Thanks for providing the man's name...that way I can give proper credit to him...and I look at those as well but they seem a little pricy to me at Thai moment, I'll see how this ARB Deflator Holds On And Performs...and if anything I might upgrade later in if it doesn't performs to my standards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zach

Mall Crawler
Used the ARB for a few years. Got tired of one tire at a time. Also ran into a problem where it wouldn't catch the valve stem core. Why I bought the Stauns. Great product. Think the issue was the valve stem core though

Panzer07

. Got tired of one tire at a time.

Yeah I think I eventually will too and upgrade to those stauns or similar deflator...but for the mean time I'll have the wife use the compressor hose thingy to deflate one tire while I'm deflating the other. XP Team Work.

Zach

Mall Crawler
Yeah I think I eventually will too and upgrade to those stauns or similar deflator...but for the mean time I'll have the wife use the compressor hose thingy to deflate one tire while I'm deflating the other. XP Team Work.

Great plan.

Panzer07

Quick update after missing the meet and greet for having to take care of other business With the Wife that were suppose to be all day, but that it ended up not being so...I gt too much time on hand and to kill...and after thinking it over and over I Must Say I AN OFFICIALLY DONE WITH CHROME...and that I decided to start the "DE CHROMING PROCESS" of PANZER...And I'm Now into my Cammo Phase...So Here It Is what I De Chrome And Cammo So Far...This Is My Experimental Cammo Doing My Goal Is To Cammo te Whole Truck Into Sone Kryptek Cammo Pattern.
3eveseze.jpg
a8y2a3ut.jpg

Sent From Someone Else's iPhone 'Cause I'm Too Broke To Own One.