• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

ScorpWorks H2 front differential crossmember coming soon

Zach

Mall Crawler
I need the bushings. Have you fabricated them and if so, where do I get the bushings. Please confirm they're the bushings for Hummer H2 2003... GM Part Number124712 work around.. Font Differential Carrier Bushings.....

That is not a GM part number. Might have been many many years ago. But not a current number. Are you looking for the two bushings for mounting the diff or the center bushing in the crossmember? This thread is for the crossmember one.

BadgerH2

Mounting the diff is the one I need.......Hmmmm I guess I better get back to the garage and have a look. It's currently being worked on...... by AAMCO in Florida on my way home soon.

PreferredChassisFab

Yosemite Sam
The first of the ScorpWorks H2 crossmember update prototypes was installed yesterday. The integration went well and fit great. Thanks to John for providing his H2 as the "guniea pig".

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Big2dabank

Wow, I was thinking about this very issue this morning, so great timing. Looking forward to hearing more and when they will be ready for sale. Looks like a thing of beauty.

LoJac963

I agree, does look very high quality. I'm curious if it makes it any easier to get the oil filter out without oil going everywhere...

PreferredChassisFab

Yosemite Sam
The update does not change the oil change mess issue but the polyurethane compound of the ScorpWorks bushing will be more resistant to the oil bath condition the bushing is subject to during oil change. Polyurethane is naturally more oil resistant than the natural rubber used in the OEM bushing.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

LoJac963

Very nice, that's an A+ in my book! I use a piece of hard plastic with 3 sides to direct all the damn runoff down into the pan when I do the oil. Keeps everything a little cleaner.

PreferredChassisFab

Yosemite Sam
The ScorpWorks H2 CMU is priced at $250.00 plus $150.00 refundable core charge and actual shipping.
Availibilty is going to be based upon rotation of the few cores we have in stock.
Take a look at Zach's post in the H2 section on his installation.

Polar Bear

So are these available???? I need one for my H2

You wouldn't happen to have the other two diff bushing in poly also would you???

Thanks,

Kevin

Zach

Mall Crawler
The are available. It is stout. I'm running one on the pig.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427949688.229074.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427949734.459354.jpg

Zach

Mall Crawler
What did you do for the 2 other rubber bushings on the diff??? Did you replace those with poly also?

Looks real strong btw!

The two on the diff are the same. Both are encased in a metal sleeve. The lower one I replaced quite a few years ago with OE. They are not that common to go out

Polar Bear

Mine are all really really done! Turning massive 39 XMLs with a front locker gives them a real workout!

Last edited:

Synthetickiller

Thanks Polar Bear.
I have one of these bad boys on the way. I figured I had to get out some jack stands, but I should be safe.

I'll post some before & afters if anyone is interested. My old bushings look horrible.

Synthetickiller

Got mine installed.
It was a bit of a learning experience, as I'm new to working on cars. Took me much longer than 15 to 30, but I think if you have a set up garage & know what you're doing, it really should be that long.

I did only 2 test drives, one for about 15+ miles & another maybe 5.
The bushings have almost entirely stopped the shaking I had in the steering wheel. As well, I never get shaking in either the break or gas pedal. For that alone, it was worth the money.
I'm extremely satisfied. :D