• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Texas Here - With a new to me H3

joe380

Hey everyone, I just picked up a slightly used 07 H3 yesterday and just wanted to introduce myself. :thumbs:

Everything is great about my purchase except I'm not sure what kind of mods my H3 currently has. It looks like there's a performance chip on the side of the airbox, also there's a toggle switch under the steering wheel that I'm not sure what it is. Any ideas on how I can find out what kind of mods it has?

Zach

Mall Crawler
Welcome from So Cal. We can definitely set you in the right direction for mods. How deep are your pockets? Joke. Performance chip on the side of the air box, probably is not worthwhile. Switch under the steering column, no clue. Maybe post up some pics

Gunner_45

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome.

Pics go a long way in helping determine what the previous owner did.

joe380

Welcome.

Pics go a long way in helping determine what the previous owner did.

Cool thanks. I'm not sure if it has a lift on it or not, I'll go take pics of the switch and chip. I did notice it has bilstein shocks
81DE91EC-B44C-478A-A62B-03EF96195231-302-00000030312946FC_zpsd9d75106.jpg

Gunner_45

Super Moderator
Staff member
Here is your chip.

http://www.gforcechips.com/hummerh3.aspx

No clue on the graphic.

Switch could be for anything from lights to some sort of circuit interrupt (some wire tracing would be in order for that one)

Get a pic of the front running gear and rear springs when you can.

D-rings, junk yard...

Wonder if it had aftermarket bumpers at one point?

Zach

Mall Crawler
No it looks like all three were taken off :( -- Any idea on where I can get replacements for a good deal?

Check Craigslist, they do pop up or maybe eBay. Have seen some recently cheap. Looking for black or dreaded chrome as some would say here?

joe380

Check Craigslist, they do pop up or maybe eBay. Have seen some recently cheap. Looking for black or dreaded chrome as some would say here?

I think black would look best. I saw 3 for 69 on ebay, but I'm not sure about the quality. I may go with those. I'll go check c-list right now.

joe380

Here is your chip.

http://www.gforcechips.com/hummerh3.aspx

No clue on the graphic.

Switch could be for anything from lights to some sort of circuit interrupt (some wire tracing would be in order for that one)

Get a pic of the front running gear and rear springs when you can.

D-rings, junk yard...

Wonder if it had aftermarket bumpers at one point?

I'll snap some pics of the front running gear and leaf springs tomorrow. Is this chip worth a damn? and could the switch have something to do with the chip or possible an ecu mod?

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Welcome from so cal!

Take a pic of the front ill tell u if its lifted t bar cranked or stock. Get the pic kinda low....so I can see the suspension but I don't think it is lifted

joe380

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

I took my h3 out to matagorda beach yesterday and went through some deep sand on a 4x4 only beach, I'll start a new thread and post some pics.

Here are pics of my suspension setup, wanting to see if it has a lift:
95661F90-D97E-4902-BFBE-7257FD547C75-699-000000B624C78366_zps7a98c278.jpg

E66A014C-2E71-47D2-8971-38A29EC33366-699-000000B636DDB7B3_zpsbe949c91.jpg

4F9CC6F7-763F-4B29-B8F7-01A5E74BB181-699-000000B64B92B282_zps35367614.jpg

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
I'd say that the previous owner cranked the torsion bars based on those pics with the longer Cognito shocks. What is the distance between the bottom lip of both of the front fenders and the middle of the wheel bore (with the wheel caps removed)?

ArtHummer

Welcome to the H4O from VA.
Defiantly no lift. It looks like it's leveled on the front. Everything looks stock.
To check the unknown switch you will have to take of the kick panel and trace the wires. Probable was used for lights.