• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

eBay metal molle panel

mantracker

Just when I think I've got everything I need on my rig, someone comes up with a bright idea. Now I'm gonna have to get one of these. Where does it end? Lol.

Tdavis

I purchased one for my alpha and went to my local army surplus store and bought 3 molle packs for it. Great storage, first aid kit, water, high calorie bars and "stuff". Great addition and a quality product. And it looks great and functional when used as a table/ work area. Holds wine or beer phenomenally when sitting on a 13,000 pass looking at Colorado vistas......
Added a few pictures.
get-attachment-1.aspx.jpgget-attachment-2.aspx.jpgget-attachment-3.aspx.jpgget-attachment-4.aspx.jpgget-attachment-3.aspx.jpg

Last edited:

ABNTROOP

HIPPO
View attachment 11220View attachment 11221

I used the threaded hex stock that is sold at most hardware stores. It is usually sold with the steel and threaded rod. Then some 1/4" all thread. I used what I had on hand but may replace the upper piece so it matches then lower one. Then used pan head bolts to go thru the plastic panel.
any chance for a slightly more detailed walk through with par lengths?

jakesz28

Maybe when it warms up and the snow melts I will pull it back off and measure lengths. But if it is shifted left or right the long one will change. The other three are stock all thread connectors the length was perfect. I will check how long they are.

rascole

Man, can't wait for mine. Tracking says it stuck in Bell Gardens for the last 5 days????????????? That is only 4 miles from my house, what the heck.

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
Time to revive this thread to share what I consider a great product. At this years Vermont Overland Trophy we really missed having a fold out table whilst camping. I just placed an order for a 38" version. I'll be copying the jakez28 setup since I think he came up with the sturdiest solution.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
I just found out that this guy is only located an hour from me! I think I'll be paying him a visit to check out some other possibilities. :D

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
$185 including shipping. It's a pretty big and heavy package. That includes powder coating and hardware.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
Finally installed my MOLLE fold down panel.

C7391F9D-5666-45CD-B63A-A8B53A9505B8.jpg

I started by first marking and drilling the holes in the plastic molding. Then with a caliper measured the distance of each hole to the sheet metal of the tailgate. My plan is to tie into the metal structure of the tailgate since it will hold much more weight then just attaching to plastic molding.

CE0BC80E-E505-498B-A6A7-5C69B5E42A4C.jpg

I then made some threaded extensions to match the distance from the plastic molding to the sheet metal. Each corner was different since the sheet metal is not flat.

832EEDAF-7EAF-48D5-B3C0-0C4A02745B16.jpg

I reinstalled the plastic molding and installed the panel. Everything lined up perfectly. The time taken up measuring and marking everything was worthwhile.

D75A02C3-8F9A-4D63-81D2-49FC5608DACC.jpg

Attached some MOLLE pouches for storage of recovery gear and first aid kit.

82A945EF-A50D-4830-ADE5-FEDEAF87D422.jpg

Tying into the sheet metal of the tailgate really makes the shelf extremely sturdy. It's worth the extra work and effort. Thanks to jakesz28 for coming up with the original idea.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Last edited: