• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

New Parts, Ideas, and Dicussions

Schwarttzy

Sponsor
I want to have a thread where we can discuss parts I should make, ideas I have, and just about anything. To kick it off, here's a list of some ideas of things I hope to make some day in the future.

1. Wiring harness connectors for factory speakers, the monsoon amp so that you don't have to cut any wires.
  2. Bolt in dual battery box along the necessary parts to make it happen, use the factory breathing hose, sized for standard marine grade optima battery's
  3. Upgrade the AUX in harness to just use a Bluetooth to switch between XM and MP3's on your phone - this is kind of high on my list
  4. Light weight rear tire carrier mount for Hi-Lift, CB antenna mount, and a scepter military gas can - working on this one now
  5. Quick disconnect rear sway-bar that functions similar to teraflex design, but not a dual rate and specific to our application
  6. Long Travel, this will be difficult but I want to do it eventually
  7. Aftermarket steering rack to fix the problem the right way

I think that is a good start, what do guy think? Got any ideas that belong in that list?

Last edited:

rsc

Harness to engage locker at any time.... Jk!

Tube doors?
New style of front and rear bumpers?
That's not a bad idea really, if I had the front lockers I would be wanting to use them in high without having to go to low and be speed limited to 20? mph- sand and mud come to mind. I really just want to be able to get the traction control stuff turned off and lock everything up solid, kind of counter-productive in the sand and sticky clay/mud. Of course, everyone one dreams of tube doors at an affordable price. I remember something about roto-molded doors at one point on one of the forums. Me? I want wider fenders! Either an entire new fender or a C-shaped cap that would cover the whole original fender and still offer another 1 1/2" of wheel coverage over stock.

Last edited:

hockeymanam

are u still working on the hidden winch still?

1)complete SAS kit haha

2)long travel?

is this too much to ask?:wink:

rsc

market an aux fuel tank with plumbing and skid that fits where the muffler goes in front of the rear bumper?

Schwarttzy

Sponsor
Alright, I got to say I'm annoyed with all this putting a bandaid on the steering talk that's turned into a debate bigger than it needs to be. I understand the issues, I just feel that everything is going to work out just fine, eventually, and that we should relax. The price was a bit of shock to me, I don't feel like it is worth it comparatively to the cost of some off-road steering racks. Anyway the point is, I'm know on the hunt for an aftermarket steering rack now that will be able to handle more abuse than anyone can throw at it and bypass the whole problem.

Schwarttzy

Sponsor
are u still working on the hidden winch still?/QUOTE]

O, I missed this part of the post. Next Sunday I'm test fitting my latest version of the skid plates on another members H3 (hopefully skydiving that day too) these ones are 3/8 thick, compared to the 1/4 ones I got, and as long as everything goes okay I'm going to quickly hammer out the left portion which has the CB and Hi-lift mount. I'll circle back to the jerry can portion later, because it is going to be modular. THEN, I'm going finish up the hidden winch mount. The clearances are tight, but everything seems to indicate that it will work out.

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
I want to have a thread where we can discuss parts I should make, ideas I have, and just about anything. To kick it off, here's a list of some ideas of things I hope to make some day in the future.

1. Wiring harness connectors for factory speakers, the monsoon amp so that you don't have to cut any wires.
  2. Bolt in dual battery box along the necessary parts to make it happen, use the factory breathing hose, sized for standard marine grade optima battery's
  3. Upgrade the AUX in harness to just use a Bluetooth to switch between XM and MP3's on your phone - this is kind of high on my list
  4. Light weight rear tire carrier mount for Hi-Lift, CB antenna mount, and a scepter military gas can - working on this one now
  5. Quick disconnect rear sway-bar that functions similar to teraflex design, but not a dual rate and specific to our application
  6. Long Travel, this will be difficult but I want to do it eventually
  7. Aftermarket steering rack to fix the problem the right way

I think that is a good start, what do guy think? Got any ideas that belong in that list?

#2 Make it for generic battery sizes that are not Optimas. Optima battery sizes do not match other battery size standards and limits it to only Optima. People that have had Optimas in the past, will stay clear of them, therefore limiting your client base. I bought an Artec dual battery tray that was designed for Optimas and never used it. I could only put tiny useless batteries in it. Use a standardized battery size, and most batteries will fit, including Optimas.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"