• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Show your guns

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well at least you didn't have to look for a restroom.:) after that terrible fishing accident all further H4O fishing trips were banned.

Kurt

cCNhQdz.jpg

The last 2 AR's I built. The completed one will be my 3 Gun rifle, but I'll probably swap the scope for a different model when that time comes.

I picked up a bunch of S&W M&P-15 lower receivers, I started to build them up with Rock River Arms parts kits, Ergo Grip and a Geissele S3G trigger setup for the completed rifle. The upper is from LMT using the MRP system. Stock is the Ace A2 skeleton stock with a JP captured buffer spring.

Not sure what to do with the other yet, may put magpul OD furniture on it and put a 22LR dedicated upper on it for now.

Soon as my new contract is setup, I'll probably get an Kriss Vector next.

backcountryislife

a few recent additions to my collection:

64798_4599675831989_1195374921_n.jpg

544211_4594722428157_908518770_n.jpg

471206_3121494918390_374231203_o.jpg

Oddly enough I also had a fishing accident where they were lost. (and I don't even fish, who'd have guessed!?)

ABNTROOP

HIPPO
The day they change it from fishing to catching is the day my interest gets rekindled :giggle:
seriously though, good salmon and sturgeon fishing up here! Mouth of the Columbia river here, jack **** caught other than beer :)image.jpg

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Catching is fun but being in the middle of nowhere, out of cell phone coverage, no noise, no neighbors, no worries....that is what fishing is all about.

backcountryislife

I sometimes wish I would have gone with a laser for my Nano. I guess I still could, but then I'd need a new holster and I'm not sure I really want the laser... Do you like it? Worth the extra $$?

To me a laser is such a personal preference thing...

I feel a laser is a good idea in a carry gun as every douchebag in the world knows what it means when a red dot is on their chest... there's a certain thing there that I like about that.

Other than that... it's not something you're going to use even for practice, it's a last resort kinda deal.

That said, I like it a lot. it feel comfortable, easy and natural to engage, and it's pretty effective, even in daylight... but when shooting, I just use the irons.

If you didn't get an 8 round though... THAT is what I'd spend my money on!!!

HUGE difference in comfort if you're going to spend any time shooting.

Being as pricey as they are I made sure to buy one with it, but if I didn't have one I'd still spend the $$ & get it.

420320_4599675871990_617190898_n.jpg

Btw, if you haven't yet, take some time working on the trigger... it takes the nano from barely tolerable, to pretty darn comfortable to shoot. I polished the hell out of it, but also knocked some material off a couple spots as well. It's still a long pull, but it's much more linear & smooth now.

skeptic

To me a laser is such a personal preference thing...

I feel a laser is a good idea in a carry gun as every douchebag in the world knows what it means when a red dot is on their chest... there's a certain thing there that I like about that.

Other than that... it's not something you're going to use even for practice, it's a last resort kinda deal.

That said, I like it a lot. it feel comfortable, easy and natural to engage, and it's pretty effective, even in daylight... but when shooting, I just use the irons.
That's pretty much my thoughts as well. Honestly, the biggest reason I didn't get the laser is because I was concerned about limited holster options. Looks like that's not really an issue (at least not anymore).
If you didn't get an 8 round though... THAT is what I'd spend my money on!!!
Yes, I have an 8 round magazine. However, I carry with the 6 round mag, that one inch makes a big difference in how easily it conceals.
Btw, if you haven't yet, take some time working on the trigger... it takes the nano from barely tolerable, to pretty darn comfortable to shoot. I polished the hell out of it, but also knocked some material off a couple spots as well. It's still a long pull, but it's much more linear & smooth now.
I have not done anything with the trigger. I did shoot someone else's Nano and their trigger was nice and smooth, better than mine. Apparently no trigger work was done, it just smoothed out from a lot of shooting. I'm not too worried, it could be a bit smoother but I don't hate the trigger. For a no safety carry gun I wouldn't want the trigger any shorter or lighter.

backcountryislife

It looks nose heavy. How is the balance?

I think the laser makes it look nose heavy... but it's a little light if anything. You'd only notice it with the 6 rd anyhow...but I carry with the 6 as well.

For me, the trigger didn't really get a bunch lighter but it got a little shorter, and a lot smoother. IMO the main thing that helped was polishing the outside of the spring, you could feel the spring moving before, now it's one smooth pull.

skeptic

I'm actually looking at the nano right now in the ranger green haha
I looked at several guns in the $450 and under range, and shot 4 different ones. If you can, shoot a Nano and a S&W Shield. Both are about the same price (if you can find a Shield for sale), and I really like both, but they are completely different. If you want the long trigger pull, no safety "Glock style" carry then the Nano is the way to go IMHO. If you prefer more of a "1911 cocked and locked" style, the Shield is great. It has a very short trigger (comparably) that you really wouldn't want to carry without the safety engaged.

As for the color, the way the Nano is designed (the part that is serialized) the grip can be changed at any time and they have a number of different colored grip frames you can buy and switch around.

skeptic

Don't forget the Ruger LC9. I have a friend with one of these, sporting the Crimson Trace laser. Very nice weapon.

3212.jpg

No offense to anyone that has one and likes/loves it, but as much as I wanted to like it (a friend was selling his for cheap), I hated it. On paper, the trigger is very similar to guns like the Nano or the Kahr CM9 but when shooting it the trigger breaks far enough back as to feel awkward and uncomfortable to me.

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
I would 't know because I lost ALL of my firearms in a hunting/fishing expedition with Recon. :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapataint

backcountryislife

No offense to anyone that has one and likes/loves it, but as much as I wanted to like it (a friend was selling his for cheap), I hated it. On paper, the trigger is very similar to guns like the Nano or the Kahr CM9 but when shooting it the trigger breaks far enough back as to feel awkward and uncomfortable to me.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels that way. IMO the trigger on that is like the one on my p3at... it'll fire a bullet when you pull, but it's not something I'd want to do on a regular basis. I think on a 9, and on a gun that's even bigger than the nano they could/ should have done a better job on the trigger.

skeptic

I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels that way. IMO the trigger on that is like the one on my p3at... it'll fire a bullet when you pull, but it's not something I'd want to do on a regular basis. I think on a 9, and on a gun that's even bigger than the nano they could/ should have done a better job on the trigger.
Surprisingly enough, I know others that feel the same way about the LC9 but think the LCP (slightly smaller .380 version) is fantastic. I've never shot the LCP so I don't know, but if I was in the market for a .380 the first two guns I'd be looking at are the LCP and the Sig P238.

I know, getting way off topic so I'll throw out a teaser. My new CX4 is in and I'll be picking it up today. I might get my Berettas together for a photo-op later on. I wouldn't call myself a Beretta fan, but I seem to keep coming back to Beretta or Ruger, mostly Beretta.