• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Show your guns

svxr8dr

Well my Uncle passed away recently and I was fortunate enough to inherit this Army issued Colt 1911. Manufacture date shows as 1918 and my Aunt believes it was her Fathers service pistol. He served overseas in WW1 and domestically in WW2. We think it sat in a box in the house since the late 80's. Came with 5 rounds with brass casings marked (WCC) Western Cartridge Company (Now Winchester) and stamped 1942...that last year the military used brass before switching to steel for the duration of the war. Barrel link and pin need to be replaced as this firearms has definitely seen some use. I'm doing my best to provide a good home for this heirloom.
1911.JPG

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
33c92bc8322dee17a7416a1641e979fc.jpg

Latest addition to my repertoire. I’ve been a Glock guy since forever. I shot and tried many guns and always stayed with Glock. For its reliability, ease of maintenance and repair, as well as being the most supported handgun in the world. Until, at one of my instructors classes, the Walther guys were there to learn too, and they brought every variation of their new PDP. Man did they get it right with this pistol. They really listened to the end user and applied everything they asked for. Imagine having the reliability of a Glock, but with an amazing trigger and features of a custom 1991 or CZ.

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
Well my Uncle passed away recently and I was fortunate enough to inherit this Army issued Colt 1911. Manufacture date shows as 1918 and my Aunt believes it was her Fathers service pistol. He served overseas in WW1 and domestically in WW2. We think it sat in a box in the house since the late 80's. Came with 5 rounds with brass casings marked (WCC) Western Cartridge Company (Now Winchester) and stamped 1942...that last year the military used brass before switching to steel for the duration of the war. Barrel link and pin need to be replaced as this firearms has definitely seen some use. I'm doing my best to provide a good home for this heirloom.
View attachment 27752

Wow!! That’s one to never let go.

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
Al, so you like the compact over the full size. Is the grip that different or you going for concealability?

It’s both concealability and grip due to my small hands. The ramp at bottom is to help find red dot and recoil control. With full size my hand did reach it.

Last edited:

crwalkerasla

Sorry to hear about your Uncle. Recently lost mine as well, but didn't receive quite as storied a veteran of 2 world wars. Take good care of that girl.

crwalkerasla

At the beginning of the pandemic, when it seemed the whole world went "Guano Loco", I picked up a .40 cal Barretta PX4 subcompact. The mid-sized fit my hand better, but I got a deal on this one and it fits better in the side-pocket of my cargo pants. One of the clips has a drop tab for the pinky, but I have found it to be more comfortable without it.

7580-beretta-px4-storm-sub-compact-jxs4f20_1.jpg