• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

My SA hummer build

Sennin

And another trail to test the new goodies, to see if they have any probles

IMG_5681.jpgIMG_5717.jpgIMG_5748.jpgIMG_5753(rorare).jpgIMG_5907.jpgIMG_5961.jpgIMG_5964.jpg

Sennin

So this weekend it was time to fit the toys on the Hummer (it was really tempting me the whole time it was just sitting in the boxes
evil.gif
)

First up is the Warn 9,500 XP winch
grin.gif
(Just for anybody else wanting to fit a bigger winch in the Hummer ARB bar, should note that even though there is more than enough space width wise, there is just 5mm clearance between the winch and the body)

attachment.php

attachment.php

Then it was time to install the spots (this is when I realised with my small hands, I should have first mounted the spots, and then the winch
tongue.gif
)

attachment.php

Next up was trimming the inner airdam so the winch can fit propperly. A stanley knife works well here
rolleyes.gif
)

attachment.php

The remaining plastic airdam on the Hummer (With the home security on duty
wink.gif
)

attachment.php

Everything mounted and busy testing (thats why there's so many wires sticking out of the engine bay)

attachment.php

One note is that the 240 HID lights obscure the Winch clutch acces port on the ARB just a little bit.... will find a solution, as reaching from the bottom wont be feasible if youre stuck in mud
grin.gif
)

attachment.php

attachment.php

Hmm, need to do some night test on those spots
evil.gif

Sennin

This is currently where my Hummer upgrade process is (Hope I haven't left anything out) :wink:

garage_attachment.php

I however have a list of mods still to come:
(In no particular order)
*Engine performance upgrade
*Tire Inflator system
*Stuan Deflators
*Detachable winch
*Winch add ons
*Pull Pal/land anchor system
*Dual Battery system with wiring to trailer
*high lift jack and accessories
*roof rack lights
*awning
*Rock Sliders
*Rear shock skids
*leaf spring skids
*Exhaut and branches
*Cast Iron front diff
*Eaton front diff locker
*1" body lift
*Rancho 4" lift
*wheel spacers or better offset rims
*VPN Wrap
*Long range tank/additional fuel carry capacity
*upgrade audio head unit
*VHF radio

*Major upgrades to offroad trailer
- same wheelbase as Hummer for sand tracks etc.
- Upgrade electrical system
- Upgrade battery system
- Upgrade stabilising system
- Upgrade suspension
- Possibility to get 4 x hummer mags and 35" tyres to use 3 on trailer and have a double spare to share between hummer and trailer

Sjeesh, Spend almost R77,000 ($11,000) on the hummer, and it seems that I have 5 x that amount needed to reach my goal
:hthink:

Sennin

Phuck, Just noticed this morning that my Hummer was supposed to go in for service last month (12 months after last service). I'm so used to servicing on ODO, but the 20,000km service intervals of the H3 threw me off guard :emb:.

Luckilly the service department said its no problem when I phoned this morning :thumbs::woot:

Sennin

Went wheeling the past weekend (got contacted by a new Hummer owner that wanted to go do some 4x4'ing with his net truck, but wanted some help, so obviously I was there in a hearts beat :), as its the first change to go wheeling with another Hummer)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

The rocky patch:

attachment.php

attachment.php

The compulsary poser pics
grin.gif

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

Sennin

Thanks,

It's a trail I would rate a 2 on difficulty, so no change to damage your vehiclee, but great to get to know it and its offroad prowess :thumbs:

did a few obstacles close to home on Sunday, trying to source some photo's from then to upload

Sennin

Had a great time this weekend at the Secunda 4x4 Club year end weekend at Ararat 4x4 close to my home

The guys that attempted the water crossing
smiley.gif

attachment.php

Some water fun. Keep that bow wave going
wink.gif

attachment.php

attachment.php

poser pics (for those people not knowing how a H3 can flex)
rolleyes.gif

attachment.php

attachment.php

Expendable

wow, that's an awesome build! Awesome pics! :thumbs:i love how little one accessory can change the look of a vehicle.
do you plan on installing limb raisers on your truck?

your build makes me regret not buying my mom's H3 that she turned in after her lease was up. oh well live and learn :)

Sennin

wow, that's an awesome build! Awesome pics! :thumbs:i love how little one accessory can change the look of a vehicle.
do you plan on installing limb raisers on your truck?

your build makes me regret not buying my mom's H3 that she turned in after her lease was up. oh well live and learn :)

Thats true. one accessory can make it or break it . jip, limb raisers are being made hopefullly will have thom before my holiday starts