• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Drag Racing

jakesz28

Its been a couple years since I had it out. But this has always been my relief.

110108tu.jpg

DSCN5171.jpg

Best pass so far 8.98 at 151 mph. It should be a little quicker next time.

Green 1

Matty Patty Pookie Bear
Nice I worked with guys that ran everything from stock to promod. My kids raced Junior Dragsters. I have been involved with NHRA racing from child hood.
Good looking car you have. I have a 30th anniversary coupe I am getting ready to build to play with.

jakesz28

I'm still running the LT1 in here. It is a 383 the last time out I was running an old set of brodix SBC heads on it. Its a nitrous build I was spraying approx 350 HP last time it was out. It was built to run pump gas on motor passes but to spray this much I have to run atleast 112 octane.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
I had a 95 Z28 convertible, completely stock. Off the wall question - is that one a 95 as well? I've noticed that most Z28s I see have body colored mirrors and mine, and yours, have black mirrors.

Green 1

Matty Patty Pookie Bear
I had a 95 Z28 convertible, completely stock. Off the wall question - is that one a 95 as well? I've noticed that most Z28s I see have body colored mirrors and mine, and yours, have black mirrors.

I also had a 95 Z/28 convertible for a driver.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Okay, maybe mine was 94, I forgot. I got it when they first came out. Dealer tried to talk me out of buying the convertible as it was the only one in New England at the time. Should've listened to him - as an early production model, it wasn't very well built (doors didn't close very well)

4speedfunk

My 69 Impala (whale)...

023.jpg024.jpg025.jpg026.jpg
scan0002.jpgscan0003.jpgscan0005 (2).jpg

Its filthy but, that's original paint. Factory buckets/console car, F-41 suspension, radio delete, tilt, 502 crate motor, Tremec TKO-600 5-speed manual, Lakewood bell with Centerforce clutch, stock 12-bolt with Eaton posi and Richmond 4.11s, custom upper & lower trailing arms, airbags inside rear coils, AeroMotive fuel system, Barry Grant carb (750vs for street and 850DP annular discharge for strip). Weighs 4400 lbs without me...best time is 12.92 at 108 mph with mufflers & MT-DOT Radials. Runs on 93 octane, and left front wheel might hop a beer can on launch. Its an extremely mild motor...idles like a *****-cat...drive it anywhere...8.5:1 CR. Poverty caps and orange valve covers...total sleeper. It loves to eat teenagers in Mustangs.

Best of all...(I'm not lying)...this car was owned from 1972-1981 by...ah-hummm.... Richard Simmons!

(Haaayee)...
0_61_320_Simmons2.jpg

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
4400 lbs? Considering the previous owner, I thought this car might be a little lighter in its loafers :wink:. Love the sleeper look!