• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Vermont Overland Trophy!

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
http://www.vermontoverland.com/vot/

Registration is open and slots are pretty much filled. Two vehicle teams are no longer required, but a winch is now mandatory. Unlike in previous editions, the 2015 one will actually have a competitive portion. Some very unprepared vehicles go every year so don't think you need some super modified rig.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

RamRod

It's lines like this that bother me about the "Overland" crowd

"traversing southwestern Vermont on unmaintained ancient town byways and country roads."

ANCIENT!! Are you serious?! lol

That said I would love to enter into an event like that

Woodtick

Let's talk ,I would love to do this. Who's in? Who's bringing the rig? Let's make this happen.i would love to go out there for a week. I'm willing to put some $ up to put a team together.

Last edited:

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
Having lived in VT I remember hearing about this. I would love to go. Maybe 2015 is the year?!

SkidRow

This sounds pretty bad ass. Its a damn shame I'll be in California the entire month of July for training. I highly doubt my command will give me leave for this year. Next year though I'm going try and keep my calender open.

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
I'll try to keep everyone updated as the finishing touches are done on my build page. I will also try to post updates during competition if I have a he possibility.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
I'm hoping so too. Waiting for all the other people's footage and pics so I can share them. I'm also writing up an AAR on the event and how the truck performed.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
I've come across some bad news. The Vermont Overland Trophy as we know it will cease to exist. Let me repeat myself "as we know it". This means that it will no longer be an open public event. You will be required to be part of the Vermont Overland Club to be able to participate. It's being done this way for legal reasons. Turns out that in Vermont if an event is a club event, you don't have any problems. If it's a public event, it becomes a legal nightmare. Hence why you have to be a club member to participate. The catch is that you have to pay $2500 to become a member and there's a cap on how many members are allowed. They say if you participate in the event for the next three years, it will cover the cost of the membership. Unfortunately I don't have much confidence that the event will survive that long under this new format, nor was I planing on participating for the next three years. Sucks because I really like this event and format and would have liked to return again. As is, I will most likely not.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"