• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Vermont Overland Trophy!

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
That might could be fun... I'd consider it! I know the state pretty well! :wink:

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
Probably because it was mainly the Land Rover crowd that are like cult that doesn't like "outsiders". :) That's precisely why I would like to take two Hummers up there and set the record straight. :D Has to be somebody that's willing push his rig and not feint at the sight of blood. ;)

Ex Umbris Venimus

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Me me me! I have fun showing haters up. I don't fear blood. Take a look at my projects...I always end up with blood drawn sometimes stitches worthy and while I don't have a setup like you bebe or 4speed but I would say the spring over rancho kicks ass and is probably the best setup (IMO) without taking a knife to the front end like what you 3 did.

I just need to drive across country. I was talking with my brother the other day saying it would be badass to drive across country and go in as an H3 JK team but distance is a killer :(

Last edited:

atvspeed4

It's funny we say the same thing that we always wanted to drive cross country to the west coast.

I might be doing this event. Not 100% due to price but I am looking into it further.

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
Not sure I want to drive up to my former home from NC....but I would consider riding along with someone if possible. Love to take pics!

kflips

Maybe we should fund the H4O team -- pick the rigs, pick the drivers who are in good shape and know how to do field repairs... a special hood like the NASCAR guys...

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
I still want to do this! Maybe August 2015? Second H3 must have winch, UCP and willing to play hard, as well as know how to repair his vehicle and have plenty of spares.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
I wish Vermont was closer. I have all the necessary things required and can wrench on the 3 minus electrical crap...drivetrain I know pretty well by now.

Woodtick

attachment.php
It appears to be front end heavy.lol They did say that water crossings wouldn't be this bad.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 244

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
That looks like jungle vegetation and not something you find in Vermont forests. :D Still a good lesson to take home. I nearly lost my TJ once in that way for not checking where we were driving through.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Last edited:

Woodtick

The vegetation is out of place,I would agree. The picks didn't look like anything to extreme to me. A lot of the rigs look stock with a winch.

owlxxx

Maybe we should fund the H4O team -- pick the rigs, pick the drivers who are in good shape and know how to do field repairs... a special hood like the NASCAR guys...
I actually like the idea of helping fund a team. but it seems like too soon for this year. maybe get something going for next years?