Welcome to the H4O - HUMMER 4x4 Off Road.
Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 243031323334
    Super Swamper
    Thanks
    Alright so I briefly thought about selling my T, had some offers but st the end of the day I couldn't bring myself to sell it.

So that being said the Mods will continue!!!

Then plan is to take it up to Alaska for summer 2019 and down to Baja winter 2019.

So with that in mind there are some things that will be done to make sure it's up to the task!

First things first the trans cooler will be separated from the radiator via a Mishimoto HD cooler with electric fan. I will have a temp switch on order as well, it turns on at 180F and turns off at 160F.

Next will be a custom tcase skid (loose the OEM skid I have currently to gain some clearance)

Then it's going to be a full upgrade to the sleeping quarters.... I sold my RTT and I have plans for something much greater.... but likely I will put that into it's own thread when the time is right....

The main thing to take away is that this build is not over!!!!

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
    2009 Hummer H3T Alpha
    4 Rancho Lift, 37x12.5x17 BFG A/Ts, Method "The Standard" rims, Magnuson Supercharger, Magnaflow exhaust, 50" LED light bar, Thor Parts rear bumper w/ swing out for full-sized spare, Hidden 9,500 lb Superwinch, Custom Sliders, Custom aluminum bed rack & matching roof rack

www.ministryofadventure.ca

2. The Following User Says Thank You to RamRod For This Useful Post:

jphh20 (12-23-2018)

Super Swamper
    Thanks
    So here is the big question! should I SAS my T?

I have no choice but to replace the front e-locker as I noticed some damage to the "ramp" part of the locker.

Once that is replaced I could either:

1- Rebuild the front and rear axels with 4.56's and keep on keeping on as is
    2- Sell the rebuilt CI front Diff, sell the Rancho and install a solid axle

The issue with option #1 is that I have put a bunch of money into the front end already and I have surpassed the cost of doing a SAS....
    The issue with Option #2 is that this would be all new to me, I can get past that, but with the 37's and the supercharged v8 I think i would need to go with an axle larger then the D44

My wife and I plan to take a trip up to Alsaka this summer, then down to Baja in the winter..... I would love to have the SAS done for piece of mind, but that is also a lot of pavement miles.... I am slightly worried about loosing the confort that the truck currently has.

I would love to hear some thoughts as I mull around the two options!
    2009 Hummer H3T Alpha
    4 Rancho Lift, 37x12.5x17 BFG A/Ts, Method "The Standard" rims, Magnuson Supercharger, Magnaflow exhaust, 50" LED light bar, Thor Parts rear bumper w/ swing out for full-sized spare, Hidden 9,500 lb Superwinch, Custom Sliders, Custom aluminum bed rack & matching roof rack

www.ministryofadventure.ca

Low Profile
    Thanks
    For starters I have no experience here but I'll comment because 1) you're asking, 2) love your rig and kept it on my radar in case it had it was still for sale in 4-6 months and 3) I want to SAS my rig in the future as well...at least I think I do lol.

I vote for a modified version of option #2, which is SAS it and sell the CI front diff and rancho for dirt cheap to me lol. For real though, SAS it and part out the IFS stuff to re-coupe costs of the SAS. The rancho I think you could sell for $2k+, probably even $3K because people are desperate out there for a bolt on H3 lift. I too worry that SAS will lessen the ride quality, at least not without dumping alot more money into it.

Couple of questions....

1. Do you intend on doing the SAS yourself or having a shop do it?
    2. Any idea what rig you'll pull the solid front axle from? I imagine that depends on if you end up needing a D44 or D60
    3. What width for the front SAS do you plan on going with, stock to match rear?
    4. Will it be leaf spring or multi-link? For future upgrades and increased comfort/cost I think you'd want to go with multi-link?
    2006 H3 3.5L I5 Adventure / Luxury / De-chromed / De-badged / Torsion lift / 35" Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs / Bilstein 5100 shocks / Schwarttzy skid plates / Schwarttzy high clearance leaf spring plates / Warrior rear shackles / Solid Axle GM Corporate 10 Bolt rear diff cover / 1" Daystar body lift / Custom Tube Doors x4 / AirDoc / AFE dry filter / Outfitter Design steering rack reinforcement and front differential bushing kits / PCM of NC tune

Bogger
    Thanks
    My brother has a 2wd Jk with 2.5" lift and it drives like any H3 on the road (minus the road noise). Offroad on the desert not as good though
    My friend has a 3.5" lift and his ride is horrible.
    It really narrows down to what shock/spring/swaybar combo you endup going with for ride quality. Too soft and you endup comfy but maybe allover the place, too harsh and you get alot of control but horrible ride.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    06 H3, Birch White, Lux , Cooper AT3 35s, Borla Performance Cat-back, Bilsteins front w/ 1/2" extended stops, Hunner sleeve, Air Doc w/ K&N filter, Oem Roof lights, 55W HID Headlights and 35W Fog lights.

09 H3 V8, LS376/480 Conversion, 3000 stall, Arctic Silver, 35s, XD Rockstar Wheels 17x8 Front 17x9 Rear, OEM Sliders, 40K External Trans Cooler, Bilstein 5160s front 5100 rear, O.D. Steering Bracket, Daystar 1" Body Lift, Borla Performance Cat-Back, custom intake pipe & K&N filter, Custom PCM tune, Pioneer DVD unit, Aurora 40" LED Light Bar, 50 W HID Headlights

Super Swamper
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,702 Times in 939 Posts

Canadian h3t Alpha build

Having done several H3 SAS’s (and helping out on another dozen or so)...the SAS is definitely a total re-do. It changes the truck drastically, and you will have to compromise in a few areas. The SAS can be tuned for a wide range of use but I prefer to keep them on the mild side. Highway manners, braking, and handling remain very good, even with 5.13s and 37”s. Turning radius is less. Ride height is more. It feels more like an “80s truck”. Best of all...it does not break. When I had the IFS, I was always holding back on some of the more challenging off-road maneuvers. What the solid axle lacks in refinement, it makes up for in durability. Regardless...two constants still remain:

1. Everything is a compromise.
    2. Anything can be broken.

Unless you are doing serious off-roading, it’s hard to justify the SAS. Here's an example of what I'm talking about (don't try this with an IFS)...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEi7...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by 4speedfunk; 01-02-2019 at 09:17 AM.

Mud Terrain
    Thanks
    Keep the IFS! But I am a little biased...
    Current:

2006 Red H3 Adventure/ luxury- 37" iroks, HD tierods, steering rack kit, custom front IFS HP Dana 44 diff with Yukon zip locker, Np241 manual T-case, 6.0L VVT/ 6L90 swap

2006 Black H3 Adventure/ Luxury 5 speed manual- HD diff bushings 37" Centennial Trail hogs

2008 Black H3 Alpha- HD tierods, steering rack kit, Custom HD lower control arm bushing kit, custom front IFS HP Dana 44 diff with truetrac

2008 Victory Red H3x Alpha -Stock...for now

2007 Black H3 Luxury- 1.25" bodylift, elocker, 4:1 t-case, steering rack kit, custom front IFS HP Dana 50 diff with truetrac, 37" bfg km2, H3x 18" wheels

2009 Black H3T base

2008 White H3 Adventure

I think we might have too many of these things now...