• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Canadian h3t Alpha build

RamRod

Thought I would start posting my build and updates on a new thread and get set up properly.

The truck already had a three tone paint job when I bought it, plus a Manguson Supercharger, Magniflow Exaust w/ long tube headers. A 4" Rancho lift with some 37x12.5x20 BFG A/T's and a touch screen DVD player

Since picking the T up two weeks ago I have done the following:

To start off I added a bottle opener onto the stock rear bumper, boom first mod done haha
"Smoked" the turn signal and side maker lens to match the black paint and grill
I ordered and just picked up today a full sized spare (now need a rear tire carrier to hold the 37" meat)
I also came across two Septor fuel cans today, so I picked them up to add beside my spare on the rear bumper
Lastly I picked up a Hi-Lift today as well, going to use some 3/8th "spring nuts" in conjunction with the bed rail system to mount it under the snugtop in the truck bed

Currently on order:
new lock for the SnugTop as I didn't get a set of keys for the existing lock with the truck
Lock & Load for the tail gate (tailgate lock)
some LED lights to replace all of the interior dome lights (that's saved my Battery before)

Future plans:
Hidden Winch up front
LED light bar (Done)
Rear bumper with tire carrier with fuel capacity
16" or 17" rims when it time to replace the rubber (keeping the 37's)
lastly a two person sleeping arrangement that will suit my girlfriend and I on our road trip this summer for a few weeks and a couple thousand km's

pic's to come

Last edited:

Expendable

extra fuel capacity is nice. but do you really want to house it where the average car would hit your vehicle first in a rear end collision? as well as be subjected to scraping against rocks, trees, etc

RamRod

I was thinking along the line of this:
frontier_expedition_truck.jpg
There is one trail in particular that I really want to do this summer and it requires spare fuel so trying to build that into the plans
(with better mount/holder like pictured below)
2248197264_857b1d5a79.jpg

Last edited:

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lots of people have cans hung off of the rear bumper. While not ideal it hasn't been much of a problem. Inside the T bed would be better.

frumaker

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362231894.465323.jpgthis is how I have mine. I have been rear ended twice with the cans mounted there and they have never been touched. I haven't found any problems at all with having them mounted there.

FRU

Expendable

Rear bumper with tire carrier with fuel capacity

after seeing those pics I mistook the above quote. for some reason I thought you were having a custom rear bumper built with an internal capacity for fuel. I have a Jerry Can Carrier for my rear bumper. but I only plan to put it on for longer trips, etc.

RamRod

For those who missed my pic's in the intro section here are the dealer pic's:
$(KGrHqJHJEcFEKz,zr-+BRGNg84j-g~~48_20.JPG$(KGrHqNHJEYFEMrTjcpCBRGNg-6(3g~~48_20.JPG$(KGrHqR,!lgFELguHEUHBRGNgydOdw~~48_20.JPG$(KGrHqVHJBEFEKzNvYWiBRGNg3Ijdw~~48_20.JPG$T2eC16F,!)0E9s37FbYKBRGNg64PJ!~~48_20.JPG$T2eC16JHJG!E9nm3pm,SBRGNhB6rvQ~~48_20.JPG$T2eC16R,!ykE9s7t)btTBRGNg1FZDw~~48_20.JPG$T2eC16Z,!zEE9s3!YbwKBRGNhGs+F!~~48_20.JPG$T2eC16ZHJGkE9no8iK0vBRGNg4VJ2g~~48_20.JPG

Attachments

• photo-1.jpg
    photo-1.jpg
    787 KB · Views: 858

RamRod

Here is when I dug into things that take of the turn signals and side markers for "smoking"

IMG_0559.jpgIMG_0560.jpgIMG_0561.jpg
The middle pic is what it looks like while signaling

RamRod

One thing I need to sort out is fender flares... It is a bigger issue up here as we salt & sand our roads in winter and occasionally we get small rock mixed into the sand and well my tires stick past the wheel well by about 3 inches and I have shot a rock up and into my windshield 3 to 4 times now.... Every time that happens it costs me $35 to get the chip filled :(

Are the factory flares my only option? That's all I found with a quick search of the net

08SolarFlareH3

Super Swampers
One thing I need to sort out is fender flares... It is a bigger issue up here as we salt & sand our roads in winter and occasionally we get small rock mixed into the sand and well my tires stick past the wheel well by about 3 inches and I have shot a rock up and into my windshield 3 to 4 times now.... Every time that happens it costs me $35 to get the chip filled :(

Are the factory flares my only option? That's all I found with a quick search of the net
The only option for flares on the H3T are the ones offered by E&GClassic

http://www.egclassic.com/inventory/item.php?itemid=740

Schwarttzy

Sponsor
Hell ya! Those scepter cans are awesome! This week, because I'm tired of working on the winch mount, will be making an all in one Hi-lift, CB mount, and Scepter Gas can mount for the rear tail gate because those can gas cans are so awesome.

Schwarttzy

Sponsor
Hell ya! Those scepter cans are awesome! This week, because I'm tired of working on the winch mount, will be making an all in one Hi-lift, CB mount, and Scepter Gas can mount for the rear tail gate because those can gas cans are so awesome.

Not that an H3T can use it...

RamRod

Haha who need extra fuel with these green machines.....

All kidding aside I am interested to see the gate when your done building!! Might help me get some ideas for when I build up mine... Still gathering parts and pieces to make it all work! Be sure to post up some pics!!

RamRod

Here are some crappy iPhone photos of my "fender flares" I made from a semi truck mud flap measuring 24"x36" cut in half.... Does it look amazing? No.. Does it do what it needs to for $470 cheaper then the only manufactured solution? Hell yeah!

Love it or hate it stones are no longer hitting my windshield!!
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    389.6 KB · Views: 363

chad

P3200083.JPGheres my can mount. works great since its lockable and has the lock box on top for the spouts/ funnels and whatever else needed.