• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Canadian h3t Alpha build

RamRod

So I got half done today... My GF wanted to watch Zero Dark Thirty... couldn't pass that up!!
will post pics soon!

RamRod

Until my photo stream decides to start working here is some teaser pics!
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

TAPDH3T

I like the change up!!! That is going to look BA!!! Question is ur truck white with black stripes or black with white stripes???
Madagascar reference!!

RamRod

Yesterday I didn't get a whole lot of work done, ended up working on the Garage my pops is building at the lake for longer then I thought I would...
Basically just got some fitment stuff done which doesn't require any pictures, not a whole lot of visible change...
Then I ran into a snag, my welder was taken to my dads shop and I couldn't do any more work for the night as the mount I am building needs to get finished before I can do any thing else.

More to come after tonights work!

RamRod

Got some tweaking to do over the weekend for a better fit, but I am happy with the look I managed to get!
IMG_0787.jpg(cover is not fully on in this pic, but the snorkel does sit a bit off centre as it sits currently in the pic... hence the need for some minor tweaking)

RamRod

I picked it up off of the group buy on this site, its the Gen 2 version!

How did you mount yours up? I have to keep a low profile due to the parking garage at work! (clearance is 6'5'' and I currently sit at 6'3'')

SolidusJ

I had the SMA H3 roof lights which was a light bar tube that mounted on the roof rack tracks. Order a Rigid Industries Combo Spot + Flood 40" LED and just mounted on the bar. I've been talking with Scarsman for a few months now and he should be getting ready to make my rack and it'll be the first H3T model. I went a little over broad and mounted two Rigid 4" flood lights for the rear and just order four Rigid Dually 2x2 floods and will mount two on the left side of the rack and two on the right.

Last edited:

RamRod

unfortunatly I think If I go that route I will be too high for the Work Parkade, I am hoping to come up with something like this:

F21747180.jpg
or
chevy_light_bar_brackets_side_shaded_nowhite.jpg
or
light_bar.jpg
or
20120726_4839f22b83f57e877cf1ZkWUY3qDBsdk.jpg

Expendable

be careful of reflection of the light bouncing off the hood and ruining your night vision. the further back the lights are the less reflection you will get off the hood.

I believe Ron B painted the center of his hood black on his H1 because of this. I think a few with H3s have experienced this too.

SolidusJ

be careful of reflection of the light bouncing off the hood and ruining your night vision. the further back the lights are the less reflection you will get off the hood.

I believe Ron B painted the center of his hood black on his H1 because of this. I think a few with H3s have experienced this too.

You have a very good point and also I believe a member dip his whole hood in black to help with this.

RamRod

big time want!!! I have emailed the company to see if there is any way that they can make on for my h3t!!

img_vtxl_01.jpgimg_vtxl_02.jpgimg_vtxl_03.jpg

this solves two problems... that dam full sized space takin up half the box... extends the already small box a slight bit, making for the perfect place to store m spetor Jerry Cans!

Fingers crossed they come back with some good news!!!

Last edited:

SolidusJ

big tiem want!!! I have emailed the company to see if there is any way that they can make on for my h3t!!

View attachment 10104View attachment 10105View attachment 10106

this solves two problems... that dam full sized space takin up half the box... extends the already small box a slight bit, making for the perfect place to store m spetor Jerry Cans!

Fingers crossed they come back with some good news!!!

Look good, let us know how it works out!!! A member went to their company to make a gate for the T but never heard anything from him.

amrg

I had the same issue with my OEM roof mounted lights. The glare at night when I switch them on was so bad, and when some dust hits the windshield it gets worse. I Ended up putting the black hummer plastic covers on them and using them just for show.

RamRod

I had the same issue with my OEM roof mounted lights. The glare at night when I switch them on was so bad, and when some dust hits the windshield it gets worse. I Ended up putting the black hummer plastic covers on them and using them just for show.

Thats dissapointing new, I sure hope my flat black paint helps out

ABNTROOP

HIPPO
I've been fiddling with an idea to make a "U" shaped tray of sorts outta black ABS that could click into the front of those lights that would act as a shield to force the light forward rather than down onto the hood. I think if I make the bends match up with the holes in the frame around the lights themselves and put tabs on it that would click in at the same place as the covers that *could* solve the problems we've all been having. Just need to mock up a set and see if my idea would look ok and work well. point being, they would be removable so you could keep the covers on, then swap the covers for these trays when you"re ready to use the lights.