• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Canadian h3t Alpha build

RamRod

Hey ya'll, I have been quite but still around!

The T is getting some work done before I take it on a 1400 mile road trip at the end of the month!

Been getting a crankcase position sensor code every once and a while so I am putting on a new OEM part to see if that will stop the intermittent CEL.

Haven't been wheeling in a while, but I hope to get out soon for with some overnight camping.

Still tossing around the idea of SAS'ing the truck, but I with a baby on the way I think the spending will be kept to a minimum!

Gpcalero

Hey ya'll, I have been quite but still around!

The T is getting some work done before I take it on a 1400 mile road trip at the end of the month!

Been getting a crankcase position sensor code every once and a while so I am putting on a new OEM part to see if that will stop the intermittent CEL.

Haven't been wheeling in a while, but I hope to get out soon for with some overnight camping.

Still tossing around the idea of SAS'ing the truck, but I with a baby on the way I think the spending will be kept to a minimum!

Any updates since March buddy?

RamRod

Not really, I tossed the snugtop back on for winter and have been spending a bunch of time with our new little girl!

RamRod

Everything Hummer related has been on the back burner for the past while, but I am starting to plan for some fresh work to the H3T.

Some of the issues I would like to tackle include:
Rust - Get rid of the rust starting to form from our dirty salty winters
Clean up the accessory wiring (find phantom drain hopefully)
General maintenance and oil changes
Clean out sun roof track
Look at installing the rear hydraulic hand brake again (took a break while sorting out options)
Measure/plan for a possible flat bed build over the winter. I am not pulling the trigger on this project yet but I am getting close, I hope to come up with a design that allows me to make the deck height as low as possible bud does not have fenders sticking above the top of the deck.
Install new 7" LED headlights
Re-paint various LED housing back again (starting to chip, fade or oxidize)
Install mud flaps that cover the wheels for winter (I know its July but Winter comes all too soon up here this far North)
Make a transfer case skid plate that is flush to the frame like my trans skid.
Install transmission cooler
Replace the front locker with a new unit (it has been sitting on my self for 2-3 years now)
Re-gear to 4.56
Make new sway bar links (current ones are worn right now and knock with every bump)

I am sure there is more but that will keep me busy for quite some time.

I am looking forward to getting out wheelin' again now that my daughter is a little older and I can sneak away for the day.

Gpcalero

Everything Hummer related has been on the back burner for the past while, but I am starting to plan for some fresh work to the H3T.

Some of the issues I would like to tackle include:
Rust - Get rid of the rust starting to form from our dirty salty winters
Clean up the accessory wiring (find phantom drain hopefully)
General maintenance and oil changes
Clean out sun roof track
Look at installing the rear hydraulic hand brake again (took a break while sorting out options)
Measure/plan for a possible flat bed build over the winter. I am not pulling the trigger on this project yet but I am getting close, I hope to come up with a design that allows me to make the deck height as low as possible bud does not have fenders sticking above the top of the deck.
Install new 7" LED headlights
Re-paint various LED housing back again (starting to chip, fade or oxidize)
Install mud flaps that cover the wheels for winter (I know its July but Winter comes all too soon up here this far North)
Make a transfer case skid plate that is flush to the frame like my trans skid.
Install transmission cooler
Replace the front locker with a new unit (it has been sitting on my self for 2-3 years now)
Re-gear to 4.56
Make new sway bar links (current ones are worn right now and knock with every bump)

I am sure there is more but that will keep me busy for quite some time.

I am looking forward to getting out wheelin' again now that my daughter is a little older and I can sneak away for the day.

I really want to re-gear to 4.56 also, to help with towing. Deff high up on the list!

What front locker do you have to replace? New OEM or other?

RamRod

I really want to re-gear to 4.56 also, to help with towing. Deff high up on the list!

What front locker do you have to replace? New OEM or other?

For the locker I just went with a replacement OEM unit, I found one for 1/3rd the price of an ARB. Plus I didn't feel like rigging up the OEM dash buttons to work with an ARB or similar (although I am sure it would not be that difficult)

Alpha X

I think this is pretty cool. An H3T with a flatbed and/or the big cargo box with doors like you see in some of the Australian trucks (and a few here in the USA) would be awesome.