• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Free delivery!...

4speedfunk

Purchase your THORparts ahead of time, and you can pick them up in person! Save a ton on shipping and spend the day wheeling in beautiful southern Indiana! Admission is only $10.

What: Bumpers, skids, jack-mounts, used parts, off-road goodies
When: Saturday March 2nd 2013 - 10am
Where: Redbird SRA - Dugger, IN

More info & directions....
http://www.redbirdsra.com/
http://www.in.gov/dnr/parklake/4225.htm

4508js

I REALLY want a rear bumper for my H3 but that's a 300 mile trip one way for me (5 1/2 hours).........what does shipping usually run on them ?

JGBB04

I REALLY want a rear bumper for my H3 but that's a 300 mile trip one way for me (5 1/2 hours).........what does shipping usually run on them ?

Probably less but not as much fun :) & they'd probably help install it.

Last edited:

4speedfunk

Shipping on a rear bumper is usually between $80 & $120 depending on your location, (which might be less than your fuel to get to Redbird-LOL!).

Installation is pretty straight forward, and it can be done in a hotel parking lot or around a campfire.

Mods The SUV rear bumper comes un-drilled for the plate, and it is designed to clear the stock GM tow package. If you want to run an aftermarket hitch or bolt the plate to the bumper...the project can get more complicated depending on how much cutting and drilling you have to do. I highly recommend moving the plate to the spare tire because its easier and protects the plate better when offroading. But, there is room to bolt the plate to the bumper itself, and I sell some tiny LED bolts for this purpose.

Also I will be wheeling & camping at THE LAND BETWEEN THE LAKES (Kentucky) over the July 4th week. That's a tad bit closer to Tennessee and I can bring one down and meet you there as well. In either case...I do ask for pre-payment so I don't end up hauling around a hundred pound bumper for a no-show. Whether you pick-it up yourself or need one shipped...just let me know. I have plenty of them in stock.

4speedfunk

Can you explain what the jack mounts are? Pics?

About 3-years ago I ran a Boulder Accessories bumper on the front of my H3. I never really cared for it and I designed & built a new one, that ultimately became the THORparts bumper. However, in the meantime I created some Hi-Lift mounts that were specifically designed to fit the BA bumper. They are small, lightweight and they simply get sandwiched between top face of the bumper, and the bolt-on brushguard...
THORjack-07.jpgTHORjack-02.jpgTHORjack-03.jpg
I think I made 15 or 20 sets of them...and sold all but a few. Not long after, I removed my BA and installed the THORparts front bumper and since then...I've just had a couple sets of these laying around. They are powder-coated 1/4" steel and come with rubber washers and knobs to keep things from rattling. I'm dumping these for $35 shipped. Even though I originally designed them to fit the BA...they can probably be used in all sorts of positions, on any vehicle.

Nowdays my H3 is a two-seater with a full-length cargo deck installed in place of the rear seats. I stow my Hi-Lift under the platform, along with tools and parts.

08H3

I don't know if this helps anyone or not, but I can bring some of this stuff back up to the Muncie area after Redbird. Might help some of the northern IN / eastern OH people with shipping.