• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Black Sheep Week Caravan

abearden

Time to start getting time-off paperwork in for Black Sheep Week and I know there's usually a caravan from SoCal. Any specific plans solidifying yet?

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Usually leave about 2:00 AM Saturday morning. That gets you into Moab about 5-6:00 PM. Unless something changes I will be coming out of Texas. I might take the 94 or some other vehicle from SoCal and swap vehicles/locations.

Zach

Mall Crawler
I am still very tentative for it and so is 06 H3. If we do make it, we will be driving out together

Kurt

When i get my next contract written up, I'll be good to go, I don't know which route I'll be taking, either up 15 to 70 to Moab, or go 15->40 up through monument valley and come up from the south even if that takes a bit longer.

Last time I went I did a stop over in vegas on the way back and a stop over in Williams, AZ on the way to.

abearden

:horns: Not too long now. Bumping the thread.

So when/where are meeting off the 15?

Edit: Should also ask, anyone going to be on HAM/CB? If so, what channels?

LagunaH1

I'll be leaving Friday the 29th around 9 am. I'll be on 146.520 Mhz (national simplex) and possibly an HF band and also listening on CB channel 19. I'll stop in St. George or Cedar city Friday night so I guess it's possible you might catch up to me at some point Saturday.

Kurt

I'm likely a go at this point, not sure of the route I"m taking, I'm not doing the whole drive in 1 day.

I'll either go up 15 to 70 across one way and back down through monument valley and through AZ along 40 on the way back. As I get closer to the end of the week I'll check in.

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
I fly to Texas tomorrow so Moab actually starts for me then. ( well I am out of the office anyway ) Thursday is going to be a ballbuster getting everything done but any day out of the office is a good day. :)

Kurt

Just FYI for any socal folks, it looks like I"ll make a straight beeline out of LA up 15 to 70 to Moab, either driving all day Sunday, or leaving Saturday night, and staying out in Vegas/St George way for one evening then hit moab late afternoon while theres still daylight.

Zach

Mall Crawler
Just FYI for any socal folks, it looks like I"ll make a straight beeline out of LA up 15 to 70 to Moab, either driving all day Sunday, or leaving Saturday night, and staying out in Vegas/St George way for one evening then hit moab late afternoon while theres still daylight.

I think the rest of us in So Cal are heading out Sat at 2am. Serge might be the only going later

Kurt

Yeah, I don't htink I can head out sat at 2AM, I might be able to, depends. Frank and Jo may go with their 2 trucks, last minute like me.. we're working it out now on the phone.

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
Yea as of now, I'll be leaving ~10 am sat morning. I'll try to make it non stop. Sunday morning runs ?

Zach

Mall Crawler
I am meeting Chris off of the 15 and the 18. There is a restaurant on the right as you get off of the 15