• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Found my cb radio and ham stuff

Kyle

Okay so it's been a few years since I've used any of my radio equipment, so a couple days ago I decided to rummage through the garage and find it all! Found my ham antenna that was on the roof of my house for years, my mag mount cb antenna,my fiberglass cb antenna, and a cheap radioshack cb. since supposedly I'm getting my h3 this week I decided to clean up the 4ft fiberglass antenna and make some repairs to the cb radio( new wires) ill post up a bunch of pics when I get home!

Sent from some shady car dealership looking for an h3

Kyle

haha alrock it does!! and H1, i wont be putting it in my truck, i never got around to getting my license (although i bet you i could sit down and take the test right now and pass it) i dont think i ever will, so it will either be sold to my friend who wants it really bad or it will sit in my garage for a couple more years!

Pics of the antenna and CB in next post!

Kyle

azymepe5.jpg

qu4ybaqa.jpg

MaxPF

AGNTSA
Go get your ham license. Ham radio is an excellent communications medium. Your 2m rig uses frequency modulation, which means superior quality vs CB. Not to mention more range thanks to 50 watts output. Best of all is access to repeaters, which allow communication over huge areas.

Kyle

Go get your ham license. Ham radio is an excellent communications medium. Your 2m rig uses frequency modulation, which means superior quality vs CB. Not to mention more range thanks to 50 watts output. Best of all is access to repeaters, which allow communication over huge areas.

Okay went and found an online practice test for my tech license and i got an 83% on the test, without studying or looking at the study book I've had since I was 9, hahaha maybe I'll keep my radio and see when I can go and take the real test!

TACMEDIC

I just picked up a Icom IC-T7H and downloaded the user manual. Fun so far, I found KFI 640AM on 450.725.

I also saw that modifications can be made to "open it up".

LagunaH1

Many HAM radios can be modified for extended rx and TX. For emergency purposes it's useful, for example, to be able to transmit on the FRS and GMRS frequencies.