• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Nightmare gulch anyone?

LagunaH1

Found this video over on a Land Rover forum, and wondered if we should plan a trip out there? Looks pretty doable, with 2 or 3 tight spots.

Has anyone been out there?

Video:

[video=youtube;h7X6OkwUAd4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=h7X6OkwUAd4[/video]

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
I'd be down to try it...I know some that have run it and its definitely do able. Most run last chance canyon then nightmare gulch in one day. Toughest part for the H1 is width. Craig may have some more info on this trail

Zach

Mall Crawler
Honestly, from what I've seen video wise and heard, I think the 1's and 2's would have a really hard time on this trail. I wouldn't mind going on a pre run in a 3 just to check it out. There are a couple sections where my height might be an issue too. Looks like a fun trail though

Zach

Mall Crawler
Sooooooooo, I'm game to run it in squeaky as a ride along. Granted no dogs or grease gun. Haha

LagunaH1

Good point about the closures. I'll have to see about getting a ball joint replaced first, ideally I'd like to get a few other things looked at too before I take the 97 wheeling but let's see what can be worked out

Green 1

Matty Patty Pookie Bear
No.

Should have clarified in my previous post.
Trail only open to vehicles the 15th to end of month. Horse and hikers from the 1st to 14th.
Closed Feb 1st to end of June for raptor nesting.

So does Ford think it wioll take that long to get a Raptor through it?:cheers:

cbetts

NERD!!!
Sorry for being a late in this thread . . .

I would be game for the prerun. I would like to get my tomp skids on first. Work is going to get crazy so I am out for the planning stage on this one. Mind taking it on Zach?

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Zach if u want a ride feel free. No grease guns no dogs. I will be back after the 12th of January and class doesn't start back up till the first week of February so any time in between then

Expendable

quick google search netted me these finds:

http://www.off-road.com/trucks-4x4/tech/the-last-chance-to-end-a-nightmare-13236.html

also a few Jeep Forums talking about H1s making it through with some damage (funny how they don't mention what Kind and where)

mojave017.jpg

NightmareGulch8.jpg

NightmareGulch9.jpg

NightmareGulch10.jpg

NightmareGulch11.jpg

a Hummer X Club Thread
http://www.hummerxclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6042&p=113523

some of the pics in that thread:
IMAGE_040.jpg

file.php

file.php

it was mentioned that without those Rocker 'Shields' (their words) that the doors would have suffered a much worse fate.

also reading through HummerXClub's 20 and 33 page long threads I wouldn't suggest going to nightmare gulch the last weekend since long lines of Jeeps are to be expected.

Also according to the posts there it seems like RonB has done Nightmare Gulch in his H1.