• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Apocalypse?

Paladine71

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
So, a friend asked me today if he'd missed the zombie apocalypse....

I said "No, it already happened... last month... on the 6th." :giggle:

Apocalypse_zps7d0f405d.jpg

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
James, I'm still here. Glad to see that you survived...or did we. Did anyone else make it?

If neither you nor I really surived, then it means that we are now in some sort of existential netherworld that closely parallels the Mayan-calendared world that just ended. To be honest, it feels kind of like the "old" world! Very strange. :huh:

The Mayans predicted our demise long ago but I prepared for this day. As I sit here safe in my bunker 15 stories underground with my wife, son and 3 dogs, with cold beers at "arms" length wondering what's going on out there and if there is anyone left above ground. Are you underground too or is everything normal up there?

computerroom.jpg

Paladine71

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
I'm not really sure that anything has ever been "normal" but my HUMMER did pull a stuck Avalanche out of a ditch this morning, that's fairly normal.

mkmcgreg

Indiana is here.. We had an inch if snow and you would have that it was the apocalypse but we made it

Flash

Preparedness is having what you need and not needing it versus needing it and not having it. Never sad when I don't need something. Just not amused when I do and I didn't plan for that.

After Y2K, my outlook changed. I see preparation for natural disaster's as paramount to one's planning (Tornadoes, Floods, Ice storms, Earthquakes, Fire, Draught, etc). Not too worried about zombies or the apocalypse. The Rapture on the other hand might be one of those events one would rather not be left behind on. Unless of course your designed purpose was specifically to be left behind. Imagine the honor in that!!! Man - talk about sacrifice.

Big2dabank

I don't know about Apocalypse, but I feel like I went threw hell the last two days. Woke up Thursday morning, oven stopped working, got a medical bill for $1400 that we were told would be covered by insurance. Thursday afternoon my wife's transmission goes out on her 2008 GMC Acadia on the way to give blood for some genetic blood work. Dealer cant find any full size suv for us to use as a loaner. So two cars out of commission because my truck was still being repaired. As we were wondering what the hell we were going to do, the body shop calls, the only good news, my truck was ready. Thursday night my two year old hits the tile floor face first and breaks his front tooth in half right at the gum line. Yikes. Wife goes bananas at this point, can't see anyone because its too late. Denist office closed friday for the holidays and the dentist was out with her husband for his vasectomy. she says go to her office and she will have a tech do an xray. Tech sends xray to dentist and tooth is broken too low near the gum line and needs to be removed by an oral surgeon. Only pediatric oral surgeon we could find, told us they close half day on friday and would not make an exception. To see a new patient. WTF, this is an emergency **** that, call the dentist back for another option. she heads to her office with her husband in the car after his vasectomy, and does her best to remove the tooth, luckily she was able to remove it. We get a call about my wife's car, transmission is definitely fried and there is metal shavings in the pan, dealer has to keep the car until after Christmas and still unable to find a full size suv. Had to rush to the hospital to make a follow up appointment for the genetic blood work. My wife and kids all had to give blood for this testing and my 8 year old son was not having it. He was fighting like crazy, punching kicking, he was not giving blood and was mad as hell about it. Finally got him restrained enough to withdraw the blood. Once we got home late Friday afternoon, my wife and I were exhausted, so we put a movie on for the kids an we got to drinking.

Woke up this morning, world still here and life goes on. Anything would be a better day for us right now. The last two days were a blur.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Paladine71

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Wow, that sux. I've had back-to-back events like that and know how much they can take out of you. When it rains it pours.... Hope things get better for you and yours.

jakesz28

I'm still here in Clinton. I'm scared though. Not sure when the zombies are going to be here. All I have is a machete and axe. Both in the Hummer. Hope they don't show up when the wife's out shopping.

Big2dabank

Went for a drive in the h2 yesterday, very therapeutic drive down several back roads and dirt roads. Glad to have the truck back, looks like things are getting back to normal finally.

Here a pick of my little two year old hillbilly.
After he broke his tooth.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356282574.711996.jpg

Once the tooth was removed.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356282558.674550.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk