Welcome to the H4O - HUMMER 4x4 Off Road.
Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 323839404142
    Baja
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 06 H3 View Post
    I already ditched the OEM t case about 2 years ago. I thought the 6L90E had issues fitting due to the increased size?
    Luckily no one ever told me that

Well its been in our 2006 for several years now driving around so I must have missed the memo. It doesnt fit with the stock t-case but our np241 behind the 6l90 fits fine and we are still stock height IFS. We do have a 1.25" bodylift
    Current:

2006 Red H3 Adventure/ luxury- 37" iroks, HD tierods, steering rack kit, custom front IFS HP Dana 44 diff with Yukon zip locker, Np241 manual T-case, 6.0L VVT/ 6L90 swap

2008 Black H3 Alpha- HD tierods, steering rack kit, Custom HD lower control arm bushing kit

2007 Black H3 Luxury- 1.25" bodylift, elocker, 4:1 t-case, steering rack kit, custom front IFS HP Dana 50 diff with truetrac, 37" bfg km2, H3x 18" wheels

2009 Black H3T base- custom front IFS HP Dana 44 diff with truetrac, 37" centennial trail hogs, H3x 18" wheels

2008 White H3 Adventure

2009 White H3 Alpha Cammed 6.0L and 35s

I think we might have too many of these things now...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to atvspeed4 For This Useful Post:

06 H3 (08-28-2021)

a.k.a. "The Jackal"

Thanks
    Thanked 2,148 Times in 1,183 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by atvspeed4 View Post
    Luckily no one ever told me that

Well its been in our 2006 for several years now driving around so I must have missed the memo. It doesnt fit with the stock t-case but our np241 behind the 6l90 fits fine and we are still stock height IFS. We do have a 1.25" bodylift
    Nice, that is good to know. I can’t wait for a 6 speed. I hear it’s night and day
    Squeaky3: 06 H3 ALPHA D70 front/Eaton HO72 rear 5.13 gears, custom crossmember for long arms, lockers, 4:1 T-case, v8 swap, hybrid cage, Warn 12k Custom bumpers....do it all vehicle

"H3 front axles are like drunk cheerleaders....just use em until they get mouthy...then toss em and get another." -anonymous

Super Swamper
    Thanks
    Have you ever driven a 2007 and 2008 H2 back 2 back? Big difference in driveability abeit the almost similar Hp motors

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    06 H3, Birch White, Lux , Cooper AT3 35s, Borla Performance Cat-back, Bilsteins front w/ 1/2" extended stops, Hunner sleeve, Air Doc w/ K&N filter, Oem Roof lights, 55W HID Headlights and 35W Fog lights.

09 H3 V8, Arctic Silver, LS376/480 Conversion, 3000 stall, Custom E-fans, 37" KM3 tires, XD Rockstar Wheels 17x9, OEM Sliders, 40K External Trans Cooler, Bilstein 5160s front 5100 rear, O.D. Steering Bracket, 2" Body Lift, Custom Exhaust, Custom intake pipe & K&N filter, Custom PCM tune, Pioneer DVD unit, Aurora 40" LED Light Bar, 50 W HID Headlights

Baja
    Thanks
    We just bought an escalade and the 10 speed is awesome. Ive driven all generations of escalade with the transmissions from the 4l65e, 6l80e, 8l80e and 10l80e. Its crazy the difference in keeping the engine in the powerband makes with the new 10 speed. The really low 1st gear is biggest improvement though.
    Current:

2006 Red H3 Adventure/ luxury- 37" iroks, HD tierods, steering rack kit, custom front IFS HP Dana 44 diff with Yukon zip locker, Np241 manual T-case, 6.0L VVT/ 6L90 swap

2008 Black H3 Alpha- HD tierods, steering rack kit, Custom HD lower control arm bushing kit

2007 Black H3 Luxury- 1.25" bodylift, elocker, 4:1 t-case, steering rack kit, custom front IFS HP Dana 50 diff with truetrac, 37" bfg km2, H3x 18" wheels

2009 Black H3T base- custom front IFS HP Dana 44 diff with truetrac, 37" centennial trail hogs, H3x 18" wheels

2008 White H3 Adventure

2009 White H3 Alpha Cammed 6.0L and 35s

I think we might have too many of these things now...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to atvspeed4 For This Useful Post:

06 H3 (09-06-2021)

Low Profile
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by atvspeed4 View Post
    We just bought an escalade and the 10 speed is awesome. Ive driven all generations of escalade with the transmissions from the 4l65e, 6l80e, 8l80e and 10l80e. Its crazy the difference in keeping the engine in the powerband makes with the new 10 speed. The really low 1st gear is biggest improvement though.

**whispers**

It's a Ford transmission.

@Gpcalero • Instagram photos and videos

>The Duke H3T Alpha Build Thread<

'09 Hummer H3T Alpha - "The Duke"

- LS3 Swap & Built 4L60E
    - Rancho 4" Lift Kit,
    Texas Speed 224/236 Cam 111 LSA Camshaft, ECP 2" Aluminum Radiator, SuperModulation Dual eFans, HID Projector Headlights, 32 Gallon Aux. Gas Tank, "312" Method Race Wheels, Firestone Rear-Axle Airbags, Daystar 1" Body Lift.

SOLD -- '09 White H3 - "Lil' Sparta"
    - 35" Trail Grapplers, STARR HIDs, LED taillights, Magnaflow Exhaust, Air Doc CAI, Supermodulation TB, Defenderworx Fuel Door

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Gpcalero For This Useful Post:

06 H3 (09-06-2021)

Super Swamper
    Thanks
    Reminds me of when cvt first came out, people hated (and still do) on them yet the trend in ICU is for more and more gears. I bet when flooring it theb10L80 acts very similar to a CVT with very small rpm drop between shifts!
    Isnt it possible to swap a 8L80 or 10L80 instead of a 6L? I frequent the LS groups on fb and see so many swaps into hotrods and wonder why none in a 2000+ model vehicle.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    06 H3, Birch White, Lux , Cooper AT3 35s, Borla Performance Cat-back, Bilsteins front w/ 1/2" extended stops, Hunner sleeve, Air Doc w/ K&N filter, Oem Roof lights, 55W HID Headlights and 35W Fog lights.

09 H3 V8, Arctic Silver, LS376/480 Conversion, 3000 stall, Custom E-fans, 37" KM3 tires, XD Rockstar Wheels 17x9, OEM Sliders, 40K External Trans Cooler, Bilstein 5160s front 5100 rear, O.D. Steering Bracket, 2" Body Lift, Custom Exhaust, Custom intake pipe & K&N filter, Custom PCM tune, Pioneer DVD unit, Aurora 40" LED Light Bar, 50 W HID Headlights

10. The Following User Says Thank You to amrg For This Useful Post:

06 H3 (09-06-2021)

a.k.a. "The Jackal"

Thanks
    Thanked 2,148 Times in 1,183 Posts
    I would have loved to do a 10 speed swap.

I will say to gcalpero that I am glad it’s a ford transmission!!!! Honestly, I hate on GM nowadays. I am and was a GM guy but I think Ford started kicking their ass in the recent years. Ecoboost for the win!!! A 3.5L ecoboost puts down more TQ at a lower rpm then a 6.2L V8.....comical. Also GM’s new 6.6 gasser is an absolute joke compared to the new 7.3 gasser. I have some dealership friends that are complaining about how the new DFM (dynamic fuel management) are destroying motors with less then 20k miles on them. Let’s ignore these facts and make a new logo with lower case letters to be less bold, and to embrace electric vehicles. Anyways, enough GM hate.

With the 10 speed, the problem is mating a Gen 4 LS to a Gen 5 trans (from an electronics standpoint, not a bolting it up standpoint.) I think, with time, someone will “crack the code” and get it done. I know one tuner currently working on that now. I liked the 8 speed idea but I have heard of many people having 8 speed problems, to the point of a class action lawsuit and GM admitting they had design flaws. The 10 speed is so new I was fearful of similar 8 speed issues. I would have loved to mate an 8HP70 out of dodge but that’s a rabbit hole I didn’t want to go down. I would have done it by running a “manual trans” LS pcm and a stand-alone transmission harness and have the 2 work independently.

I also feared that offroad it would be too many gears with a 10 speed, on road, it would be kickass, but in manual mode, a full throttle assault, could it go through the gears quick enough offroad? I believe on road, in auto mode, if you hit the pedal at 100% it skips gears. I felt an 6 or 8 speed was more manageable offroad and the 8 speed was the ticket....but as mentioned, the 8 speed had issues. I think the 6 speed will bridge the gap between shifting offroad in manual mode quickly and being a great driver on road. It won’t be as good as an 8-10 speed on road but I am sure it will be 1000 times better then the 4 speed.

I remember driving my moms 08 Yukon XL Denali with the 6.2L V8 and 6L80E and that thing ripped!!! It definitely didn’t feel like you were in a 7k lb vehicle, it felt very quick and nimble and my setup is identical to that once I get the trans installed.
    Squeaky3: 06 H3 ALPHA D70 front/Eaton HO72 rear 5.13 gears, custom crossmember for long arms, lockers, 4:1 T-case, v8 swap, hybrid cage, Warn 12k Custom bumpers....do it all vehicle

"H3 front axles are like drunk cheerleaders....just use em until they get mouthy...then toss em and get another." -anonymous

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 06 H3 For This Useful Post:

amrg (09-08-2021), Gpcalero (09-07-2021)

Low Profile
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 06 H3 View Post
    I would have loved to do a 10 speed swap.

I will say to gpcalero that I am glad it’s a ford transmission!!!! Honestly, I hate on GM nowadays. I am and was a GM guy but I think Ford started kicking their ass in the recent years. Ecoboost for the win!!! A 3.5L ecoboost puts down more TQ at a lower rpm then a 6.2L V8.....comical. Also GM’s new 6.6 gasser is an absolute joke compared to the new 7.3 gasser. I have some dealership friends that are complaining about how the new DFM (dynamic fuel management) are destroying motors with less then 20k miles on them. Let’s ignore these facts and make a new logo with lower case letters to be less bold, and to embrace electric vehicles. Anyways, enough GM hate.

With the 10 speed, the problem is mating a Gen 4 LS to a Gen 5 trans (from an electronics standpoint, not a bolting it up standpoint.) I think, with time, someone will “crack the code” and get it done. I know one tuner currently working on that now. I liked the 8 speed idea but I have heard of many people having 8 speed problems, to the point of a class action lawsuit and GM admitting they had design flaws. The 10 speed is so new I was fearful of similar 8 speed issues. I would have loved to mate an 8HP70 out of dodge but that’s a rabbit hole I didn’t want to go down. I would have done it by running a “manual trans” LS pcm and a stand-alone transmission harness and have the 2 work independently.

I also feared that offroad it would be too many gears with a 10 speed, on road, it would be kickass, but in manual mode, a full throttle assault, could it go through the gears quick enough offroad? I believe on road, in auto mode, if you hit the pedal at 100% it skips gears. I felt an 6 or 8 speed was more manageable offroad and the 8 speed was the ticket....but as mentioned, the 8 speed had issues. I think the 6 speed will bridge the gap between shifting offroad in manual mode quickly and being a great driver on road. It won’t be as good as an 8-10 speed on road but I am sure it will be 1000 times better then the 4 speed.

I remember driving my moms 08 Yukon XL Denali with the 6.2L V8 and 6L80E and that thing ripped!!! It definitely didn’t feel like you were in a 7k lb vehicle, it felt very quick and nimble and my setup is identical to that once I get the trans installed.
    Yeah that new Ford 7.3 gasser is impressive, seems to be very stout and torque happy. It's already in the 8's with a stock motor.

On the 10-speed, you can 100% do the skip-shift delete in the tune on the Mustangs (I'm sure it's the same on GM vehicles using it too). Transmission is awesome overall. Man I wish there was an easy 6L80e (or 10-sp) swap kit out there for our rigs. I wouldn't have spent so much on bulletproofing my 4l60e if that was the case lol.

Good luck with the 6spd swap, I look forward to seeing updates!
    @Gpcalero • Instagram photos and videos

>The Duke H3T Alpha Build Thread<

'09 Hummer H3T Alpha - "The Duke"

- LS3 Swap & Built 4L60E
    - Rancho 4" Lift Kit,
    Texas Speed 224/236 Cam 111 LSA Camshaft, ECP 2" Aluminum Radiator, SuperModulation Dual eFans, HID Projector Headlights, 32 Gallon Aux. Gas Tank, "312" Method Race Wheels, Firestone Rear-Axle Airbags, Daystar 1" Body Lift.

SOLD -- '09 White H3 - "Lil' Sparta"
    - 35" Trail Grapplers, STARR HIDs, LED taillights, Magnaflow Exhaust, Air Doc CAI, Supermodulation TB, Defenderworx Fuel Door