Welcome to the H4O - HUMMER 4x4 Off Road.
Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 344041424344
    Street Tire
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowser-II View Post
    Any chance you can get a side by side photo with another H3, stock or with only a torsion bar crank?

I would really like to see the difference, it is and should be obvious by simply looking at the videos and photos your truck is ‘slightly’ not stock.

But inquiring minds want to know, how much?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

here’s a pic of Squeaky next to my H3 on 37s and Rancho lifted
    Name:  5BA16F6C-1EB6-4998-9543-B7915EDECFA7.jpeg
Views: 167
Size:  4.09 MB

and next to two SAS Alphas on 37s
    Name:  B11FF044-1B65-40F2-8011-BB5B861B3FFC.jpeg
Views: 166
Size:  4.12 MB
    2010 H3 Alpha Offroad ó SAS underway
    2005 GMC Sierra 1500 Z71
    2001 GMC Sierra 2500HD 8.1 SAS

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vdawg1115 For This Useful Post:

06 H3 (01-17-2022), Bowser-II (01-17-2022), Gpcalero (01-19-2022)

a.k.a. "The Jackal"

Thanks
    Thanked 2,204 Times in 1,208 Posts
    For being on 43s I donít think itís horribly tall. I tried everything in my power to keep it as low as possible and still maintaining good uptravel
    Squeaky3: 06 H3 ALPHA D70 front/Eaton HO72 rear 5.13 gears, custom crossmember for long arms, lockers, 4:1 T-case, v8 swap, hybrid cage, Warn 12k Custom bumpers....do it all vehicle

"H3 front axles are like drunk cheerleaders....just use em until they get mouthy...then toss em and get another." -anonymous

Low Profile
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vdawg1115 View Post
    here’s a pic of Squeaky next to my H3 on 37s and Rancho lifted

God did build all the mountains for Hummers

H3 3.5 2006, manual transmission adventure pac with 4.1 Low gear, UPC, PCM of NC tune + Power chip, 2,5" lift front and 1.5" rear, Bilsteins 5100 with extended Bumpstops, 315/75R15 Cooper STT Pro , snorkel under hood.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to H3Hummer For This Useful Post:

06 H3 (01-20-2022)

Street Tire
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vdawg1115 View Post
    hereís a pic of Squeaky next to my H3 on 37s and Rancho lifted

Love all of these rigs. Great photos!
    @Gpcalero ē Instagram photos and videos

>The Duke H3T Alpha Build Thread<

'09 Hummer H3T Alpha - "The Duke"

- LS3 Swap & Built 4L60E
    - Rancho 4" Lift Kit,
    Texas Speed 224/236 Cam 111 LSA Camshaft, ECP 2" Aluminum Radiator, SuperModulation Dual eFans, HID Projector Headlights, 32 Gallon Aux. Gas Tank, "312" Method Race Wheels, Firestone Rear-Axle Airbags, Daystar 1" Body Lift.

SOLD -- '09 White H3 - "Lil' Sparta"
    - 35" Trail Grapplers, STARR HIDs, LED taillights, Magnaflow Exhaust, Air Doc CAI, Supermodulation TB, Defenderworx Fuel Door

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gpcalero For This Useful Post:

06 H3 (01-20-2022), Vdawg1115 (01-19-2022)

a.k.a. "The Jackal"

Thanks

06 H3's Squeakin H3 Build

KOH was good, it is getting more and more crowded to the point where I ask myself if itís worth going to KOH at all. Maybe I go the week after? I showed up Thursday AM....maybe next time I should up Friday AM and stay later in the week.

Anyways, I figure I will mention the changes. I ended up with 10.25in of separation, lots of bracing and Support to the upper and lower mounts on both the frame and axle side.

1st pic is the gussets to the lower frame side links. I also wanted these because I had an instance where I backed up and got caught on the back side of the link mount, now itís ramped to fix that issue and adds strength.

2nd pic is track bar gusseting. I tried to gusset everything. I never had track bar bracket issues but figured Iíd just add them for good measure.

The 3rd pic is tube that links in from the back of the 3rd link bracket and ties into the frame.

4th pic is the 3rd link axle side upper. Itís been cut and raised for more height, boxed in, plated in spots to be 1/2in thick, and has baby trusses welded to them.

This weight is a full tank of fuel, without me in it, pretty much empty. Full doors...no spare. Doors weigh in at 330 Lbs. So ditching them is quite a bit of savings.
    Last edited by 06 H3; 02-12-2022 at 11:00 PM.
    Squeaky3: 06 H3 ALPHA D70 front/Eaton HO72 rear 5.13 gears, custom crossmember for long arms, lockers, 4:1 T-case, v8 swap, hybrid cage, Warn 12k Custom bumpers....do it all vehicle

"H3 front axles are like drunk cheerleaders....just use em until they get mouthy...then toss em and get another." -anonymous

a.k.a. "The Jackal"

Thanks
    I also installed an ARB. I first tore it apart to make sure it had the new bonded seal. Not the old style that is prone to leaking.

checking for clearances.

So now for KOH.

Hummer performed flawlessly!! I ran Jack, blueberry, chocolate a couple times, and clawhammer. I also did recovery at backdoor for the EMC race. I wish we got to run more but we had fun anyways.

I donít have a pic of it but I made ďtrapdoorĒ on blueberry. 2-3 years ago I had my closest rollover on it. I have seen plenty of denied attempts and rollovers on trapdoor on social media during koh so I am stoked to have made it!

On chocolate thunder...

my buddy sheered his knuckle studs, we pulled the tires and springs and put it on the back of the hummer via shackles. We got from the end of jacks back past the mailbox and to the rocky section before the sand hill. Left it there and went to town to get parts and fixed it the next morning.

My rear leafs had a work out!!

Backdoor recovery.

Overall it was a successful shakedown. Jackhammer was the most challenging trail we ran and I didnít pull cable. I made the first part of the plaque with ease. 2nd part I made but had to stack a couple rocks, I took a bad line, after watching everyone after me I realized the line I should have taken...but ARB and 3 link did their job and Iím ready for the next run!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 06 H3 For This Useful Post:

Gpcalero (02-15-2022)

a.k.a. "The Jackal"

Thanks
    And here are some pics of the Crossmember I added in. Suckdown winch point and added strength.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 06 H3 For This Useful Post:

cgalpha08 (02-13-2022), Korby7 (02-13-2022)

Super Swamper
    Thanks
    Heard there was a lot of theft and fights there. Had a friend wake up in his cab to someone trying to steal his tools out of the bed of his yota. The new Glamis.
    2006 H3 Adventure, D44 SAS with RCV's and SOA.

a.k.a. "The Jackal"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rascole View Post
    Heard there was a lot of theft and fights there. Had a friend wake up in his cab to someone trying to steal his tools out of the bed of his yota. The new Glamis.
    Doesnít surprise me. This year was x10 worse then itís ever been. Iím over it....

2 buddies and myself picked up 500-600 beer cans at backdoor Friday morning.

Sunday morning we ran into tread lightly and helped them. We collectively picked up over 1000 beer cans at chocolate thunder.

**** these people....they suck. Fist fights at turkey claw, theft, garbage....itís despicable.

We have enough people wanting to shut down wheeling and these dumb ****s make it easy.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to 06 H3 For This Useful Post:

Vdawg1115 (02-16-2022)

Street Tire
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 06 H3 View Post
    I also installed an ARB. I first tore it apart to make sure it had the new bonded seal. Not the old style that is prone to leaking.

checking for clearances.

So now for KOH.

Hummer performed flawlessly!! I ran Jack, blueberry, chocolate a couple times, and clawhammer. I also did recovery at backdoor for the EMC race. I wish we got to run more but we had fun anyways.

I don’t have a pic of it but I made “trapdoor” on blueberry. 2-3 years ago I had my closest rollover on it. I have seen plenty of denied attempts and rollovers on trapdoor on social media during koh so I am stoked to have made it!

On chocolate thunder...

my buddy sheered his knuckle studs, we pulled the tires and springs and put it on the back of the hummer via shackles. We got from the end of jacks back past the mailbox and to the rocky section before the sand hill. Left it there and went to town to get parts and fixed it the next morning.

My rear leafs had a work out!!

Backdoor recovery.

Overall it was a successful shakedown. Jackhammer was the most challenging trail we ran and I didn’t pull cable. I made the first part of the plaque with ease. 2nd part I made but had to stack a couple rocks, I took a bad line, after watching everyone after me I realized the line I should have taken...but ARB and 3 link did their job and I’m ready for the next run!

LOVE these trail photos!!!
    @Gpcalero ē Instagram photos and videos

>The Duke H3T Alpha Build Thread<

'09 Hummer H3T Alpha - "The Duke"

- LS3 Swap & Built 4L60E
    - Rancho 4" Lift Kit,
    Texas Speed 224/236 Cam 111 LSA Camshaft, ECP 2" Aluminum Radiator, SuperModulation Dual eFans, HID Projector Headlights, 32 Gallon Aux. Gas Tank, "312" Method Race Wheels, Firestone Rear-Axle Airbags, Daystar 1" Body Lift.

SOLD -- '09 White H3 - "Lil' Sparta"
    - 35" Trail Grapplers, STARR HIDs, LED taillights, Magnaflow Exhaust, Air Doc CAI, Supermodulation TB, Defenderworx Fuel Door

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Gpcalero For This Useful Post:

06 H3 (02-15-2022)

Low Profile
    Thanks
    Man i'ts just a beast, A TREX H3 I say

H3 3.5 2006, manual transmission adventure pac with 4.1 Low gear, UPC, PCM of NC tune + Power chip, 2,5" lift front and 1.5" rear, Bilsteins 5100 with extended Bumpstops, 315/75R15 Cooper STT Pro , snorkel under hood.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to H3Hummer For This Useful Post:

06 H3 (02-15-2022)

a.k.a. "The Jackal"

Thanks
    UPDATE: I went wheeling locally and had a blast! It was a trail I havent run before and we were with some out of towner's that had rear steer buggies.

They are from Washington and stopped halfway to wheel for a day and rest before continuing the trek to Sand Hollow.

We started out on this quick little loop, It had 2 challenging climbs, this one doesnt show how tough and difficult it is, 2 out of the 4 buggies got it.

We then went on to another trail. It started off here, a fun little rock garden that provided a good warm up but also tough enough to require a couple times ending up in reverse and picking a new line.

I didnt get many pics of the 4 buggies as they were ahead of us.

Here you can see the trail is very tight, it is one of the things I have learned about Idaho trails.

Things were going all too well until they werent....

I was on a super steep climb and my rear tire slid into that crevice and the rear axle shaft went SNAP.

That is my 3rd axle shaft and all 3 have been on the driver side (short side)

I ended up winching up and tried to finish the trail in 3wd.

That was going fine until it also wasnt

I was rear diffing, 100 yards from the end of the trail and said **** it, with one tire spinning out back I can hammer it to get over. well, I did and it didnt end well. First time I have ever broken a dana 60 shaft! Almost 5 years...factory 35 spline inners, spicer joints and a non chromo 35 spline outer. Not a bad life....

At this point it was time to make a decision. I had a broken driver front and rear shaft. I was 54 miles from home, I could limp myself through the worst 100 yards of the trail or get it fixed. My wife was at work for a few more hours so I called my dad and he was nice enough to go to my house, grab the shafts and bring them to me. When he arrived he said he doesnt understand this hobby and the buggy guys told me they were amazed the H3 was doing what it was doing. It was cool to be the underdog , since the H3 is so grown up a lot of times it is expected to do things but going with the buggies I can only impress, not disappoint

Anyways, while we waited for the shafts we pulled apart the hummer.

You can see the rear shaft out of the housing and the front end apart. It was cool to see the ease of a fix in action with the mods I have done.

Most traditional spindle dana 60's need the entire hub to be torn down, it is time consuming and a mess! Instead of having rotors mount behind the hub I have modified mine to slip over the hub. This allows me to get to the spindle nuts without pulling the hub apart so I can pull the hub off like a unit bearing. It makes quick work of the front end.

I also enjoy my rear detroit locker, a lot of lockers have a cross pin through the middle of it making it difficult to get the broken shaft out. My detroit doesnt have that pin so I can just remove the shaft from the other side, hammer out the shaft on the broken side, then put both shafts back in and never even took the wheel off.

I guess that is the silver lining.

Lastly, props to ARB. I broke my Eaton E locker (new 4 pin stronger design) before I broke a STOCK shaft, well the ARB didnt care, the shaft broke and the locker is fine.

I will also give a shout out to my 1950's Detroit Locker. Time and time again, I have seen first hand, a detroit and grizzly locker break when a shaft breaks. It is almost a guarantee. Well this good ole made in the USA when quality matter detroit has survived 3 shafts breaking and just keeps on tickin'.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to 06 H3 For This Useful Post:

3Hummers (03-15-2022)

a.k.a. "The Jackal"

Thanks
    So, I get fixed up and have 100 yards to go.

In this picture I had to make a sharp left turn. I flat out couldn't have done it without a front dig, I was just too big and too wide. The front dig worked flawlessly. I was behind the rock my driver rear was on (shown in first pic) I was facing my front end to the left which was up hill and off camber.

Now it is time to fit 10 lbs of **** in a 5 lb bag. You can see there is one way to go, I have no line options, its straight....

Well, its time to move that rock with my bumper and tie rod

Well, I pushed it about 5-8 feet off into the hole.

With that rock out of the way I have one more rock to get past, I tried to get around it and got as far passenger as I could, to the point where the rear portion of the cage on the passenger side (that protects the glass) was just laying into the rock....I couldnt get further over. Well, option A is climb the rock, option B is to go around the rock, neither would work so I learned a new trick, Option C, go THROUGH the rock! Watch the video....

https://youtu.be/9hbpXZC_7K8

Overall it was a FUN day. I am not sure if the pictures captured it but it was a ton of fun. It was challenging enough to end up on the winch once (not breakage related, it was just tough even with all 4 tires spinning, lol) but not impossible. I had to work for it and I think people were shocked that the H3 was even able to fit, I truly felt like a bull in a china shop.

So now its time for upgrades....I will keep wheeling since I threw some spare parts at it but I need to get some chromoly or 300M shafts thrown at it front and rear.

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 06 H3 For This Useful Post:

3Hummers (03-15-2022), Gpcalero (03-22-2022), H3Hummer (03-17-2022), Korby7 (03-15-2022)

Low Profile
    Thanks
    you have big balls bringing your monster through there