• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H3 Correct bolts for bolting OEM rock rails (OEM 12498471 (R19A) on '07 Lux?

SickStringC

I picked up a set - tried to bolt 'em on to my '07 lux - bolts wouldn't thread past about 1/4 of the way. I thought perhaps I had too much corrosion built up in the holes on the frame. I hit it with some anti-corrosion fluid, tried again and thought "forget messing with this, I have a great shop around the corner that does this stuff for $40 an hour. It can't take them more than an hour. Took it to them this morning and they called thirty minutes after I dropped it off to let me know the hardware (bolts) that came with the sliders aren't the right size. They couldn't get them to thread properly either. The actual sliders line up with the holes perfectly - anyone know where I can get the right hardware (or what I need to look for) to bolt these suckers on??

mkmcgreg

You might have to run a tap through the bolt holes in the frame as well - mine were so badly corroded and caked with mud / dirt I had to re-tap them.

What he said!! I had to re-tap every single one as they had rust mud grime etc built up in them. This was after I fought them and could only get the partly threaded in. Double check the hardware and tap them should do the trick

SickStringC

X3 on the tap, after i did that, bolts went through no problem!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

This is appearing to be the solution, thanks all! The hardware was correct after all - I bought 16 new bolts at $.44 each which are 10mm x 1.5 x 30mm ... same problem. It sounds like this is a common challenge.

Mr_Rich

When it comes to nuts and bolts that get replaced I prefer ARP hardware over stock or factory bolts. I've found they have corrosion resistance and strength that surpasses the stock hardware.