• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Timgco's 2012 JKU Build "Tail Rated 2.0"

Timgco

Hugh Hefner
Going to be starting on the new rig this week. I will be doing some basic things to start, than will be building in phases.

Here's the info on the rig:

2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

This rig has the Rubicon package that includes 410 gearing, Dana 44 axles front and rear, 3.6L Pentastar V6 with a 5 speed auto Trans.

I started some pics on another thread on a test drive review, but thought I would start out a build page.

Last edited:

Timgco

Hugh Hefner
P8280030.jpg

P8280021.jpg

P8280018.jpg

08SolarFlareH3

Super Swampers
I look forward to this build even though I'm not exactly a Jeep fan but I am really interested in seeing how the new Warn VR line winch does for you. What 37" M/T's are you planning on running?

Timgco

Hugh Hefner
I look forward to this build even though I'm not exactly a Jeep fan but I am really interested in seeing how the new Warn VR line winch does for you. What 37" M/T's are you planning on running?

STT's or KM2's. I have brand new 37" STT to pick up still. I ordered them for the H2, but obviously never put them on. So I will more than likely use those if I don;t sell them. I would prefer the KM2. I have been really wanting to try those.

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Congrats on the new rig Tim. :cheers: Looking forwatd to reports on the build/mods as you go.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Looking forward to this build. Can't remember if it was here or elsewhere, but supposedly there's an issue with the 2012s going into low power mode if regeared? Is that a mod you plan on doing later?

Timgco

Hugh Hefner
Looking forward to this build. Can't remember if it was here or elsewhere, but supposedly there's an issue with the 2012s going into low power mode if regeared? Is that a mod you plan on doing later?

With hunting season here and ski season around the corner, I just want the 35's for now. I won't regear until I put the 37's on next Spring.

The issue with going into limp mode was a computer issue. That issue has a fix and will be available to purchase through AEV very soon. I was told I could send mine in now if I was in a bind.

For now though, my 410's will be good with 35's. the new engine/ trans is comp. to the older engine/ trans with 488's. So, we'll see how it goes.

Timgco

Hugh Hefner
My latest mod is the Power Tank 10lb kit with rollbar mount. I put this in the 1st week I purchased the JK. However, I added the Drake Billet fire extinguisher mount by punching two holes through it and setting it up so the pull pin was easy to get to. I could have used another rollbar mount on the pssd, but did not wany and possible blind spots...plus it just looked cleaner to mount over there.
pt10testfit.jpg

I put heat shrink tape over the clamps to look a little more cleaned up and to protect the extinguisher from getting scraped up.
pt102.jpg

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Im gonna definitely watch this build. Tim all your builds are always cool and interesting. I like the hot headliner kit idea. In my eyes JK's definitely deserve "cool points" for having a removable roof but one thing I noticed in my brothers JK is that is does get hot as hell or extremely cold. Hopefully that headliner will resolves those issues by insulating the interior

DJinCO

Might be doing something similar in a year when I dump the H3 and go back to Jeep.

Whooooooooaaaaaaaaaa. Back the #&^% up!!!!

What are you talking about?

:gaah:

D U M P The HUMMER.... wait a second...

This is too much for me to comprehend....

I need some counseling....:shame:

I just don't know how to take this news....even if it is in the future....

:sigh:

f5moab

Mr. Beretta
When I dump it, I will offer it for sale here first.

But yes, I can see next year, a Jeep maybe in my future, but so could a FJ.

I hold no allegiance to GM or Hummer.

The biggest question I have is can I even purchase a Jeep, knowing it was built in a UAW plant?

Last edited:

H3nightrod

Whooooooooaaaaaaaaaa. Back the #&^% up!!!!

What are you talking about?

:gaah:

D U M P The HUMMER.... wait a second...

This is too much for me to comprehend....

I need some counseling....:shame:

I just don't know how to take this news....even if it is in the future....

:sigh:

:tisk: