• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H3 2" Extended Shackles

digglesworth

The Rancho kit is an entire lift kit, front and rear. These are extended shackles for the rear. Basically they are the links that attach the leaf springs to the vehicle. Look up what shackles do on the web... That will give you an idea of what purpose shackles serve in a leaf spring suspension. You cannot compare a lift kit to shackles... They aren't even close to being the same thing.....

Schwarttzy

Sponsor
How do these Shackles compare to the Rancho 4' Lift Kit?
Please advise the beat route, not trying to sell me on your stuff.
Also, I think it's great you're making new stuff for us!
You're a true American, Sir.
Thanks

I think the beat path is:

1. 35 inch tires
2. crank torsion bars
3. rock sliders and UCP
4. Go have fun

Rancho's lift is certainly going to get you further down the trail, but the H3 is so capable out of the box most just stop there. The shackles add a bit more to the ground clearance and make the leaf spring do more work, for $65 it's nice improvement and easy on the wallet.

Schwarttzy

Sponsor
Some custom parts I picked up today.

H3-Hummer-Extend-Shackles-and-Leaf-Spring-Mount.jpg

Schwarttzy

Sponsor
Question: What exactly do Shackles do? What's the purpose?

Lift the vehicle about 1.5" inches in the rear. Also helps out with the suspension flexing which translates to better off-road characteristics.

The shackles go great with cranking the torsion bars too. Get every last bit of ground clearance you can.