• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

jakesz28 build thread

ABNTROOP

HIPPO
Just an FYI, dude just jacked his prices up. Here's the email I just got:

(Email)Since he bought that panel from me I have had price increases on the steel that I use. My new prices on the large panel is 165.00 and 115.00 for the smaller panel, both of these being the fold down version the small one is a little over 28" so the brackets clear the access panel that is on the tailgate.
I have also made a fixed version of both sizes. The large one is 115.00 and the smaller is 90.00 plus shipping on both. Just let me know if you're interested. Thanks

jakesz28

$165 is a fair jump. But it could be that he did not make any money on the earlier ones. When I first started selling some of the car parts I made I dropped my prices down low until I had some good reviews then raised them up some so I could continue to stay in business. If I was not traveling all the time I would have kept my Web site up.

jakesz28

Well I have been slacking and the electric locker is still in a box. This will go in when the weather warms up and I get moved into the new place.
The next mod is happening out of necessity. I found a 4 to 1 transfer case on ebay and this should be going in next week if it checks out okay. I chewed up the bushing on the rear out put shaft or slip yoke.

jakesz28

Have not updated this in a long time. The 4:1 case I rebuilt before installing, new chain, aluminum shift fork, new output bushing. Been in for 3 years. Does have a small oil leak.
Transmission went out last year. The front pump failed and it simply stopped driving on the wife. Had to be towed home. Bought a 12,000 lb trailer then towed it 90 miles to a shop in Springfield MO. They pulled the trans, installed a rebuilt one, was supposed to fix the TC leak, and called saying it was finished the same day. The trans works good, the TC still has a small leak.
I also bought a press and straightened my UCP. After I had it almost straight I finally welded the Thor parts UCP plates, that CJ sent me. (Tested them with the Blacksheep Squadron this year) They no longer bend like a banana.
I also installed a Powertrax no-slip locker. This locker has been quite on the streets, in high. As expected in low on the trails in Moab it worked. Did make the occasional noise while turning when not under power. So far has proven to be a good choice.

Last edited:

jakesz28

Just ordered some frame plates from CJ to stiffen the front frame rails. Have a superduty dana 60 sitting at home. It is waiting to get cut apart and converted to a passenger side drop. I think these are 72" wms to wms. A stock chevy dana 60 is 69" wide. So I may shorten it to chevy specs.

rascole

Just ordered some frame plates from CJ to stiffen the front frame rails. Have a superduty dana 60 sitting at home. It is waiting to get cut apart and converted to a passenger side drop. I think these are 72" wms to wms. A stock chevy dana 60 is 69" wide. So I may shorten it to chevy specs.
Would like to see how to manage the brackets. Are going coilovers?