• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Best cold air intake for h2

jason

Hey everyone, I just finished installing an AFE (advanced flow engineering) stage 2 cold air intake. My engine now has some serious rawr much nicer. However... I am wondering what the best intake would be to install.? The guy at the GM dealer said the AFE would give me the most power. What does everyone think? More HP! AFE also sells dual cat bak exhausts for h2 .

tomp

That intake allows hot air into the intake. You were better off with factory box with an added aftermarket intake tube. The best COLD AIR and only true cold air (besides OEM) intake for an H2 is Volant.

bigbadt

Hey everyone, I just finished installing an AFE (advanced flow engineering) stage 2 cold air intake. My engine now has some serious rawr much nicer. However... I am wondering what the best intake would be to install.? The guy at the GM dealer said the AFE would give me the most power. What does everyone think? More HP! AFE also sells dual cat bak exhausts for h2 .

I myself run that afe intake and the afe exhaust with gibson ceramic headers. Totally a new beast with predator programming. Not only a great sound but a night and day difference on acceleration . Let me know on the exhaust system, I have a rep there that can hook you up.

Zach

Mall Crawler
I am running the air doc tube with an airaid filter. I wanted to keep the closed boxed system.

[__--MUD--__]

I've had 2 or 3 different airbox & air intake tubes w/ stock and aftermarket programming. Its really only an appearance mod if you want to clean up or set the seagull free in your engine bay. It also makes the engine sound noticibly louder. Were pushing 8000 pound boxes, not some little buck 20 *** car. Dont expect to be blown away w/ anything in this catagory.

^^^ seriously...a filter for J A P ?