• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Functioning H3 factory air intake cover (with snorkel extension upgrade)

TAPDH3T

unlessed I missed it. how are you sealing up the stock "intake box thingy"? There are so many ways water can get into that area since its just held on bu push clips. I must be missing something. You gotta be sealing that thing up some how.

It's a secret!!! Lol

TAPDH3T

Just kidding!!! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354485746.967958.jpg
The top section comes with a rubber seal but I used silicon to assist!! The actual cover I cut just big enough to slide my 3" pipe in and used the silicone to seal!!! Worked really well!!
Once u have it in place u tighten the clamp to your rubber 45 underneath the fender.. (that's the hardest part)

Hunner

I never considered the snorkel a solution for underwater operation just for accidental temporary submersion while moving thru some water. Stopping would be a bad thing but could happen. Fuse box is my first concern.
The OEM filter box is fairly good. It's not sealed and could use a gasket.
Another old school prevention is to place a tarp across the grill so water coming in is not sprayed around by the fan as easily.
Some people seem to have luck with just the stock setup! Not me, no way on purpose. Notice that I am the one behind the camera.
These are fun to bring up when the discussion renews.
4947.jpg

_DSC4728_resize-1.jpg

_DSC4781_resize-Copy.jpg

_DSC4946_resize-1.jpg

Last edited:

TAPDH3T

Silicone can be used on the box because if u ever have to break the seal u just scrap it off and redu it.. Some people use water resistant greece like vasoline to repel water!!

thunderace31

Probationary Member
That user hasn't been on here in two years. Not sure if we'll see anything from him, but maybe others can help if you have specific questions.
Well that sucks to bad he isnt still around would love to see his photos looking to do this to our Lifted H3 :(

JPaul

Well that sucks to bad he isnt still around would love to see his photos looking to do this to our Lifted H3 :(

Honestly unless you really want it for the look alone I would just go with the Safari snorkel and its clones. Several of us have gone with the clones and they are just fine.