• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H3 **Help** Engine compartment question

Medic_Morgan

So I was playing around w/ some stuff on the H3 that req'd the batt to be disconnected and I noticed something about the battery that spiked my curiosity....
1.) What the heck does this tube thingy do?? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349464899.849329.jpg
2.) As you can tell my little neg terminal "protector" is taken off(tired of always popping it on/off) soooo any suggestions/advise on some different terminal connectors to purchase? Also what's the advantage of aftermarket to stock?

Thanks guys!

Sent from my secret lair bwaaahhahahahah

reaper

It's a vent. FWIW, I don't keep my battery covered.

For the connector thing: I went to a Marine store (you know, boats) and they have all sorts of electrical covers. I'll post a pic of mine when I get a chance. I also use a die hard battery that has another set of posts, which I run to my winch.

Medic_Morgan

Thanks reaper. So is the vent actually needed? Or can I scrap the whole battery box set-up(pending it won't cause damage)?

Sent from my secret lair bwaaahhahahahah

reaper

You don't really need the vent unless you have the cover on, if you have it covered it's probably to keep the battery from overheating. But no, you don't need the whole battery box setup at all. I don't have the cover on mine... I'll post a pic of my electrical tonight for you.