• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

AR5 Custom Shifter

cbetts

NERD!!!
I always hated the factory shifter. Over time, the rubber bushing get loose, making for a sloppy shifter. The new shifter feels so much better.

Looks like the link changed over there. Here is the new one: :link:

cbetts

NERD!!!
I didn't notice any real change in cabin noise. Is it really that much louder

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It is hard to tell in the video with the droning of the Gibson exhaust. If you play back on a good audio system, you can hear the whining of the transmission, mainly in third and fifth. I did have the windows rolled up during the recording. Kinda sucked since the weather has been pretty nice here. :)

954paulo

Is it terribly annoying? Like if the wife was in the truck did she notice the sound difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbetts

NERD!!!
My wife "tolerates" it. Between the roar of the BFG KM2 tire and the drone of the Gibson exhaust, it is not bad, but I can it bothering her if she is used to a quiet truck.

H3slate

Brush raked
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but in neutral does the shifter sit farther back (closer to cup holders)? I am debating this, I like the stock shifter, (mainly because I don't know anything different) but the top of my shifter is coming off. To replace it I would need to get the whole assembly.

Also, the link changed again, now it is specifically listed for the H3. :thumbs:

http://core-shifters.com/products/core-hurst-shifter-for-2006-2010-hummer-h3-w-ar5-5-speed-ma5

cbetts

NERD!!!
In neutral, no. Second or fourth, it will obstruct the front cup holder a bit. I can take some more pics to give you a better idea. Do remember that I have a 1" body lift so my shifter sits a little lower. Also, I think Chris at Core Shifters can package in a different arm.

zebra

For anyone still contemplating this, we bought Core shifters for my wife's H3 & my GMC back in Feb. Chris is super-helpful & good to work with.
Yeah, they're pricey... but well worth it. The H3 unit is so smooth and easy/quiet enough for her to daily drive with no problems.

And thanks to cbetts for this write-up... I've known about Core for years because of my truck, but your review is what solidified the H3 shifter purchase.

cbetts

NERD!!!
Yeah, the stock shifter is like a dead fish, especially as the bushing wears and gets sloppy. I also missed having an aftermarket knob.

Glad it worked well with you!

Sent from my Pokémon GO appliance using Tapatalk