• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

October meet and greet?

supersapper-rpm

"The Dude"
D.C. area H4O meet and greet dinner! Oct-6th

Anybody else in for attending the H4O meet and greet dinner at the Quarterdeck crab house in Arlington VA this Saturday October 6th? Local seafood a few beers and maybe plan a future trail run? We have two H4O members plus myself and my buddy with his H1 so far. We will have the whole downstairs room to ourselves w/big screen TV (Nat's playoff game!?) and a pool table. This event will be family friendly and all are welcome!! OK so who's in?....
crabbig.jpg P.S. We are all Hummer fans and seeing everyone rigs in person is going to be great! ...but if you like delicious blue crab too this event shouldn't be missed!

Thanks and hope to see you all there, supersapper

1. supersapper H3T
  2. kflips H3T
  3. rodzlla H3
  4. iceman H1

Last edited:

supersapper-rpm

"The Dude"
If it were another weekend, I would join you. So, next time!
OK, but just so you know it's a very casual place, so feel free to stop by and say Hi even if you can't stay for dinner, if not hopefully we will see you next time.

:cheers:

Last edited:

supersapper-rpm

"The Dude"
Just a bit too far (I'm not quite "D.C area"). Let me know when you get up my way to Rausch Creek!
No worries. If we can ever get a RC run organized, I will let you know. I live waaay outside the DC metro area too.....maybe "mid-atlantic" would work better for all.... so nobody has to feel like they are in D.C. :barf:

:cheers:

supersapper-rpm

"The Dude"
Sounds good. What time you thinking? Hows the parking situation over there?
The Quarterdeck has its own small lot in addition to on street parking (and its my brothers restaurant so I will be getting there early to toss some cones & caution tape out for our group if necessary). It looks like we will only have a few rigs this time so parking shouldn't be an issue. As far as time, whenever works for you guys works for me. Post up your preference and we can decide what works best for everybody...Earlier may be better for parking.

Rodzlla

Yes indeed. We did meet back in April 2011. Honestly, I am bad with names and your screen name doesn't tip on off like mine does...:)

We'll meet up again up at RC. I love that place.

Rodzlla

The Quarterdeck has its own small lot in addition to on street parking (and its my brothers restaurant so I will be getting there early to toss some cones & caution tape out for our group if necessary). It looks like we will only have a few rigs this time so parking shouldn't be an issue. As far as time, whenever works for you guys works for me. Post up your preference and we can decide what works best for everybody...Earlier may be better for parking.

How about around 5pm? I am flexible though. Just throwing out a time...

You dont need to rope off spaces or anything for me. No need for the VIP treatment. :thumbs:

Last edited:

supersapper-rpm

"The Dude"
5pm works for me, unless kflips has any objections lets go with that. Look forward to meeting you guys! BTW do you both like or have you tried maryland bluecrab? Also will you guys be bringing any friends or family? Its better for me to know so I can tell my bro to save us some jumbo crabs (they arrive daily and sell out daily). Thanks, Sapper

Rodzlla

I love blue crab. But I will probably stick to some other seafood. What is the rule for oysters? Months that end with a R? While I do look forward to good food, my focus is definitely to put faces and real names with the screen names. Maybe even schedule up a MidAtlantic group trip to RC. Or invite you guys out with the local wheeling club I belong to. Get us all into the woods. See you guys as close to 5pm as possible.

supersapper-rpm

"The Dude"
Just wanted to make sure you guys would have them if you wanted. I will get at least a dozen or two so there will be plenty if you want a few. I believe the Months that end with R thing only really applies if you are eating raw oysters. Also I think we have a good chance of putting together a RC run in the near future, seems to be a lot of interest. I look forward to seeing what we can come up with. See ya Saturday!

kflips

5 pm is fine, blue crab is great, I've met the 'zilla at RC before & look forward to the meet & greet

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
If it wasn't such a long drive I would have gone. I actually have a cousin that just moved out there I haven't see in a long time.

Ron46

Capt.
I would go but its a 6 hr drive from college, maybe next time when I'm at home, but if you guys want to get h4o fishing trip this fall I can set that up, striped bass will be coming in soon, Rich txt me or pm me if you want to do that one day. Also I am up for a rausch creek run soon too!

supersapper-rpm

"The Dude"
Had a great time tonight! Rod and Kevin-it was really nice meeting you guys, and I look forward to getting out on the trails with you in the near future! Both their rigs are really awesome in person...I have my work cut out for me. To those who couldn't make it, I hope to see you next time. I will try to set this up as a quarterly thing. I think next time maybe inside would be better, my melted butter turned back to regular butter pretty quickly, lol.

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Rich, thanks for organizing this M&G. Any pics?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapataint

supersapper-rpm

"The Dude"
I had to avoid pic's because their trucks made mine look too small and feeble. J/K, next time I will snap a few. For everyone in the mid-atlantic area, there are a ton of opportunities coming up for possible RC runs and other trail runs/ events! Also Ron-I have to get out on the boat this fall, I will shoot you a text to see if we can figure out a day that works. I think in the future an H4O meet and greet fishing trip sounds awesome!

Last edited: