• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Moab-October 2012 raffle!

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
As previously mentioned we will be having a raffle again next week. We can thank Reloader for the inspiration to do the raffle and Speedy and Bebe as which land use support group will receive our funds.

Pacific Legal Foundation will be the recipient of our raffle proceeds. As you may recall they are suing for access to the Tahoe National Forest as you can see here.

The drawing will likely be on Wednesday night, or whichever is Bebe's second cooking night when we can be assured of everyone gathering around the fire at the Outpost. As usual, $5 per ticket and 5 for $20. First name drawn gets first choice of prizes. Cash or credit card can be used.

Prizes include:
Custom fabrication pieces from Reloader
Swiss NATO fuel cans from Preferred Chassis Fabrication
$150 4Wheel Parts gift card from Preferred Chassis Fabrication
"Keep Public Lands Open to the Public" signs from Speedy
Other highly desirable items!

Last edited:

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Might be the only way to guarantee your tickets don't "accidentally" end up as kindling for the fire :)

abearden

Mark you would probably need to draw the numbers to have a chance to win. But you miss the whole spirit of the raffle, it is o raise money for a good cause.:no:
True, but that also makes the difference between a raffle and a donation request for those that can't go this time.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
There will be future raffles and hopefully if we have events in other areas we can get some raffles going at those events too.

Gunner_45

Super Moderator
Staff member
Tell ya what.........

I was originally making a joke at my own expense (chronic inability to attend).

How 'bout I just turn it into making a straight up donation?

Alex, PM me the particulars and I'll get it out to you tomorrow.

One of those Texas based goobers can bring me back a small rock or something from the trail.

:wink:

Gunner_45

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mark go over to Matt's and pick your rock out of his tire tread. :)

The only thing I am gonna be pickin' Dave, is my foot out of your ass ..............
04.gif
04.gif
04.gif

Alex, donation sent.

Green 1

Matty Patty Pookie Bear
Mark go over to Matt's and pick your rock out of his tire tread. :)

As soon as I read Mark's post that was my exact thought. I can even give you some broken parts from Moab.:)

Mark put in for vacation now for April. Follow me to Moab, have a great week or few days but come on out and play.

Gunner_45

Super Moderator
Staff member
Matt: Just have to see how the timing goes and what my project time-lines are like.
Just got moved up into a new position, so I am still feeling my way around.
A new "Fresh Hell" as Mike Rowe would say.

Alex: Glad to do it.
Even though I will probably never be able to run those affected trails, I think we all need
to help the best way we can, to ensure they stay open for those folks that can run them.
The closest I get to trail closures here in my neck of the woods is private land being fenced and gated off.
We used to have a thousand acres in the Trinity River bottoms to play in.....Now it takes an act of God to get access.
It takes three to five gate crossings to get to our shooting range now. All with different combination locks.
Jeez!

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
We had a very successful raffle last night in Moab as we gathered around the fire. First, thanks go out to Reloader for suggesting we do a raffle and for his donation of several great prizes; Bebe and Speedy for the suggestion of the beneficiary (Pacific Legal Foundation); Preferred Chassis Fabrication and JGBB04 for their generous prize donations.

We raised $428 for Pacific Legal Foundation, well ahead of the $250 goal I had set for this raffle! :clap:

Thanks to all that donated! j3jackson, your BA rear leaf skid plates will go in the mail next week

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
This winning ticket went to 3Hummers as he received an awesome cast iron front diff housing for his H3 in Texas. Truly an awesome find for him as this diff was just sitting in Neo's yard with no place to go; now it has a good home.
Moab-October-2012-25-L.jpg

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
I wish I could have been there. I'll make it out one of these runs...

Sent using Tapacrack

Gunner_45

Super Moderator
Staff member
At the time that pic was taken, just how deep into the cooler was Dave?

Had to have been at least 3 layers down for him to let somebody capture his likeness on film.

04.gif
04.gif
04.gif