• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Pretty cheap diff covers

Schwarttzy

Sponsor
I had these on my retarded jeep I built, trust me when I say you will never need anything more, I absolutely recommend these guys and can't wait till I have the cash to buy them for my hummer.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Higher fill plug is not always a benefit. Timgco had a higher fill plug on one of his last five or six vehicles and the diff was overfilled so oil was shooting out the breather. Be careful how full you fill the diff.

Not saying this isn't a good product - I mentioned the seal as it's a bit misleading and even though it is "permanent" mine is leaking a tiny bit after the cover's been removed twice now. I need to get a new seal sometime.

Zach

Mall Crawler
On H2's you have to be careful with some of the aftermarket diff covers. There may be a clearance issue with the sway bar.

Medic_Morgan

Would these word in conjunction with other protection(ie spyder cover, Roc Doc diff cover...)?? Or are they enough protection as a stand alone unit?

Sent from my secret lair bwaaahhahahahah

Medic_Morgan

Ok so let me rephrase this ;) will this unit replace my stock cover now and provide adequate protection(as much as a stock cover w/ afore mentioned products). Thanks guys just trying to fig out if this is work the mod

Sent from my secret lair bwaaahhahahahah

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Can blow out the top of the breather and maybe blow off the breather itself. Also some claim that the extra oil makes the diff run hotter, presumably as the oil is holding the heat in

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
We won't know until you try! This appears to be a reinforced cover so it would replace the other options on the market but I don't think we have any testimonials indicating whether they are as good as they claim

Schwarttzy

Sponsor
We won't know until you try! This appears to be a reinforced cover so it would replace the other options on the market but I don't think we have any testimonials indicating whether they are as good as they claim

I don't have the solid diff covers on my H3 yet, but on my Jeep with D30 in the Front and Ford 8.8 in the rear I was more worried about bending mounts before busting through those diff covers.

jakesz28

The 10 bolt cover on their web site is for the 8.5 and 8.6 rearends. They are out of stock but I will get one from the next run of castings.