• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H3/H3T Front Receiver Hitch & Winch Options

f5moab

Mr. Beretta
Dude, I'll run a snatch block all the time, if possible, it helps the winch live a longer life.:) And under the best conditions, using GVWR means a 9000 is the minimum winch since under most conditions, they will not be ideal. (GM...I believe all mfgrs...determines curb weight as vehicle weight as shipped from factory, with a full tank of fuel (fuel not shipped from factory, but the weight is figured into the calculation). But then the dealer adds on stuff (like brush guards, etc.) and then you have to make sure you get the rating for the correct vehicle since trans/engine/standard vs. luxuray, adventure vs. non-adventure, etc. will be different. So, the best is to get it weighed at a reliable station.

But I agree, it is very easy to add weight such as undercarriage, roof cross members, baskets, wheels, different tires, big dog, tons of tools and yea, four 200 pounders. So, 6k is probably a good number to use.

And if in deep mud, boost that figure to around 9K, thus a winch of 13500, so a snatch block or a heck of a large winch is required, and before winching, throw all the big dudes (or dudettes) out of the vehicle.:)

24life

Probationary Member
I'm having a difficult time figuring out how to add a front receiver to my h3t. I purchased a home plow and would prefer to push forward over backward.

I purchased the Curt front receiver only to find out it was not made for the h3t's, only the h3.

I'm assuming I have to get something custom made? I see the pics jgbb04 posted utilizing the front tow hook space, but no one ever mentions specific parts to buy.

I don't care about approach angle as I don't use the vehicle OffRoad and if need be I will be removing it and replacing the front skid plate after winter each year. And I would actually prefer it to sit lower so that I do not need to use an extra Hi-Lo Drop receiver in addition.

Does anybody have any suggestions on how to customize a current front mount receiver or fabricate one?

Thanks.

24life

Probationary Member
I noticed when you remove the front skid plate (splash shield) you have access to the front frame cross member which has one large bolt near the middle (offset to the drivers side) that seems to bolt to (the bottom of the engine block? Excuse my lack of mechanical knowledge).

I'm thinking that this would be a great spot to support/brace the forward force of pushing a plow. And then having the middle section of a front mount bolted between the d ring shackle mounts (with the d rings removed of course).

What are your guys' thoughts?

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
I have a front hitch receiver that I removed from my H3T and no longer use if you want it. I just have to remember what I did with it.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk