• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Traded my winch for a go-cart dune/buggy then bought a winch bumper two days later!

twinmill28

Spilled Milk
Yep, my winch sat in the garage for the last two years after coming off the 3 with no means in sight to spend the $800 for a Warn winch bumper for the 2. I'd been scouring Craiglist barter section and found a buggy I couldn't pass up, so I got a great idea to trade the winch, figuring I'd never see it used anytime in the distant future. Wouldn't you know just after the trade Mud posted a CL ad in Denver for a Warn bumper that a guy was selling for $200! Wow, what a smokin' deal, so I emailed the guy, and he replies back that he'd take $150 for it; then I realize one of the brackets is missing and offer him $100, which he takes!
So Reaper is now going to hold onto it for me until I can work out shipping.
Anybody have a spare winch laying around?

[__--MUD--__]

Your welcome ;)

I knew exactly what you were after when you were trying to find a member in that state.

I am all over craigslist nation wide and canada looking for deals on hummer parts. What size winch do you want? electric or hydraulic?

twinmill28

Spilled Milk
I traded one of these......
Smittybilt.jpg

For one of these........
YerfDog.jpg

Then two days later the troublemaker known as Mud posted up that they'd found one of these........... and it became mine
Warnwinchbumper.jpg

But now I'm short one of these.........
Winch.jpg

This is not exactly a bad thing----Mama would never have authorized me buying the buggy outright, so it may be easier to come back around to buying the winch, again. While the Warn 9.5xp is the "right" winch for this bumper, I've been looking at the Smittybilt XRC 10 Comp as a potential candidate ($500 vs. $1000 and the XRC Comp has synthetic line) given that I don't need a winch on a regular basis. The XRC 10 is 1" taller which may not fit in the tight spot of that bumper. I'm also thinking the clutch handle might not be in the right spot, but that's an easier fix than height, which is non-adjustable.

Last edited:

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Twin, great find, that is one sweet bad azz winch bumper.:thumbs: Can't wait to see it installed. Does anyone else here with a Deuce have one on their rigs. I'd like to see pics of what that looks like installed.

Twin, I'm glad to see you picking up some new toys for when I get out to see you! :giggle:

twinmill28

Spilled Milk
GOBI has also been on my mods list for awhile---but really low on the funding priority. The dude that sold me the bumper also has a GOBI w/sunroof and spare tire needing paint and a bracket for a really good price. I wouldn't mind putting the tire on the roof, but actually dream of putting the truck in the garage one day, which is where a Stealth comes in handy.
The 2 is coming around light years slower in mods than the 3 did--the 3 came together almost all at once it seems where the 2 hasn't gotten anything cool since we got it two years ago. So the bumper is lonnnnng overdue, even though the winch is now gone!