• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Air Doc Intakes.com has the Hummer lineup covered

I will MessiaH2! I already love how it looks. I don't know if your saw the comment I wrote on another section on snorkels here, but I already installed this unit externally, and made it removal as well. If you have any questions pm me, or just ask away! The snorkel definitely makes the truck look a lot meaner! and of course you are welcome to come by! -Chris

LoJac963

I have to play around with fiberglass for another project of mine so maybe that's one route to go also. Fiberglass in the lower portion where the cowel cover WOULD go.....hmmmm

MessiaH2

I will MessiaH2! I already love how it looks. I don't know if your saw the comment I wrote on another section on snorkels here, but I already installed this unit externally, and made it removal as well. If you have any questions pm me, or just ask away! The snorkel definitely makes the truck look a lot meaner! and of course you are welcome to come by! -Chris

Wait - are you saying you have a snorkel on your H2??? PICTURES PLEASE :whaa:

WRB100

Thinking about this upgrade for my 2006 H3 I5. I would like to hear from several of you what improvements you have experienced first. I am assuming better fuel economy? If so, how much better. Hopefully better than 17mpg I am doing now? I am running a K&N air filter already. I think the look of the product is outstanding, but I want to purchase it for more than looks.

WRB100, it's definitelt for more then looks, yes on saving gas by getting more MPG as it allows much more air in, and also adds a bit of power! I will try to add some pics...

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    740.9 KB · Views: 989

WRB100

At this point I would love to break the 20mpg barrier. That would make me very happy. And yes, they do look much better than the plastic housing. I will more than likely make this purchase. Just looking for some possible statistics on air flow and fuel consumption after the installation.

LoJac963

Hell since we're posting pics!!

Here is mine mated to a Volant box. I did have to take off 2" from the air box side and another inch from the engine side as the Volant box sits further into the engine compartment than the stock box.

20141109_123413.jpg

Doc Olds

At this point I would love to break the 20mpg barrier. That would make me very happy. And yes, they do look much better than the plastic housing. I will more than likely make this purchase. Just looking for some possible statistics on air flow and fuel consumption after the installation.

I can tell you the recipe for 20 MPG in an 3.7L H3, but you won't like it.

Example: my 07 gets roughly 17.5 all around, it will do a 18+ on the highway if you stay at 75mph or below. Best it has ever done is 21 under perfect conditions at about 50 MPH on a 55 degree day with no wind, and that was only for about an hour drive. Worse in winter with winter fuel blend and cold temps, much worse if you add in head winds. My 3 has all the off road goodies, Rock Rails, UPC, Roc Doc Skidz and Diff Cover, BA Bumper, rides on 33" (305s) Mickey Thompson MTZs, has just OEM style roof rack cross bars, and the front is set at 23.4". Performance mods: Air Doc Intake, AFE Pro Dry-S filter, PCM tune, Efan conversion, and PP TB. So with that weight (close to 6000# with me in it) and those tires, 17-18 all over and better on occasions is pretty awesome.

To get 20MPG every day, you would need to keep weight down, so no winch bumper and probably not Rock Rails, keep the factory nose rake at no more than 22", nothing on the roof, run stock 32" street tires (open tread patterns and and wide tires knock MPG), add in my same mods, drive with a super soft foot and never exceed 70MPH. That would likely do it. With those performance mods and skinny 32" street tires, you would get some robust acceleration, but you would not be able to stomp on it and keep the MPG. Who wants to drive that hypothetical H3 and do it like grandma all the time?

Doc Olds

The most I ever saw with my 3.7L was 14mpg and mostly it was 13. Stock thats with tune, air doc, and 315's.

There is no question 315s look way cool, but same can be said as to what they do to performance and MPG, they just kill it. Precisely why my I5 has 33s.

Everything is a trade off.

Doc Olds

What is the purpose for the intake octopus (resonator) on the H2.

It is nothing more than a muffler in reverse. It is designed to resonate (change the tone and sound) of the intake to keep things quite for soccer moms, muffle it to a quiet whoosh rather than a loud vroooom. Poor description but I think you get the idea.

Problem is it impacts the efficiency of the intake system because the intake air has to travel multiple paths creating obstruction and slowing velocity as a side effect. In other words, they suck some power to do the designed task. A gearhead auto enthusiast is far less likely to find some motor sound objectionable than is some pantywaist auto critic from the press who publicizes opinions regarding next year's model soon to be available. God forbid if one of them publicized, when you depress the accelerator the engine made some sound. Get my drift, soccer moms might avoid the "loud/noisy" product?

derian06

Red Rockett
There is no question 315s look way cool, but same can be said as to what they do to performance and MPG, they just kill it. Precisely why my I5 has 33s.

Everything is a trade off.

The 3.7 got 14 on 32's with the tune and airdoc. Then with the 315's I got 13-14. Yet my lifted alpha with 37's gets 14. I don't get it, but i'm happy with it!

High Five H2

You crack me up, Doc Olds. I was actually kind of disappointed that my airdoc didn't make more noise, but that's ok. I still like it.

Hercules-H3T

Hey air doc is there any way to design a system that draws air from the fake vents on the side of the h3? Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Doc Olds

Hey air doc is there any way to design a system that draws air from the fake vents on the side of the h3? Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Well.... technically that is already happening. The OEM Air Filter Box draws air from the inner fender, between the metal fender and plastic inner fender liner, which is all open to the faux vent on the passenger side (the would be driver side for you S African/Aussie owners).

However, once you get going down the road with any speed, the air is jammed in from the front around the headlight/turn signal and bumper..

What you are asking for can be found by adding a Safari Snorkel to the truck plus our Air Doc Intake, the snorkel comes out the top of the faux vent.

LoJac963

I was on the fence for a while before ordering mine, Doc would attest to that as I spoke to him a couple times through his site. Buy it, you won't regret it!

I cracked open my hood to install a maintenance charger and I saw that gigantic AirDoc tube and remembered how beautiful the intake is lol!

aspen

so everybody likes this product but i don't see any HP gain reports from installing it can somebody show reports that you get better performance over stock intakes.
i have read that the stock intake is made to give the Eng. the amount of air the Eng. can handle any more AIR will reduce the HP .