• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

TAPDH3T's H3T Build

TAPDH3T

Hey guys andgals,
I am finally getting around todoing a build thread. I will finally feel like I belong after I finish J/K..
I have always been a Hummer fan ever since I joined the military when I was 18years old. While deployed in Iraq I conducted multiple convoy security, PSD,and civil affair missions. Out of all the military vehicles to choose from, Ichose the Hummer (1151) due to the fact that every other mission I was leavingthe roadway to find safer alternate routes and conducting recon missions. Hereis just a quick look at my favorite truck... While in Iraq they announced theproduction of the H3T and I was in LOVE... Well cant find my thumb drive to show you my truck, but this is one of our chalks before a civil mission... We all preffered the Hummer for these missions.
H332.jpg

After my deployment I returned home and joined the police force to continue mycivil duties. Shortly after, I joined the SWAT Team. We have a wide range ofcombat vehicles including a M998 troop carrier.. I will attempt to get yall apicture...

In December of2011, I traded in my 2008 GMC Serria Denali for a 2009 Hummer H3T alpha withluxury and adventure package(15,000 miles). The truck’s only Mods were aRealwheels Accessories brush guard, bed cover, and 20X9 chrome Moto Metalwheels. The truck was sitting on 33” Cooper Zeon all-terrain tires.
h3t.jpg
I personallydid not like all the chrome and felt like my truck belonged in a rap videorather than on the trail, so I sold the wheels and purchased some 20X9 GearAlloy BackCounry’s with a machined face. I also added a lock for the tailgateto secure all my gear and an immediate action holster and tourniquet.
H3T2.jpgSANY0125.jpgSANY0120.jpgSANY0117.JPGSANY0112.jpgH32.jpg
Lets not forget my Flags that I stole from SolidusJ.. Cause we know these colors neer run!!!!
H331.jpg
My next Mod onmy truck was my custom roof rack. Now we all know you don’t become a civilservant to make money lol, which means I just can’t afford big name brandswithout saving for a long period of time. One day I was driving down the roadand a Nissian Xterra SUV pulled up beside me and at the light. I saw the rackand it hit me, “that would look sick on my truck.” The next day I went andtalked to a friend at one of our salvage yards and picked up two old XterraRacks...
H319.jpg

TAPDH3T

H322.jpgH325.jpg
First thing Idid was disassembled the rack and cut the rack in half. I then placed the rackon the truck roof panel to see where it looked best. I ended up placing thefront mount and rear mount at the edge of the roof rail seem. As shown:
H319.jpgH336.jpgH328.jpgH327.jpg
Next I had tolevel the rails due to the odd shape of the original rack. Well I am not a mathematician so I taped the rails together andstarted taking little sections of the front at a time until it was completelylevel. I should note that I do not have a lot of tools and all cutting was donewith a hand saw. Once the railswere level, I placed them back on the truck to confirm the look I wanted andmarked my holes to drill. On the front the roof rail panel, I had to have twoholes drilled and on the back there is one whole.. I made a mount plate for themiddle and rear section to mount to the existing rail. I personally like the rail because it is usedfor work purposes. As a Swat Operator the first on the scene make up the initialentry team. If the selected personnel that bring the vehicles aren’t presentyet then my truck can and will be used to get officers into the red zone safely...The thick tubing and rhino liner make excellent hand holds while the step railsare wide enough for a stable platform.
H320.jpgH326.jpg
Once the rackwas ready it was welded together. Now that I have them welded I measured thedistance between the two paralleled rails to cut and weld my cross bars. I hadto add approximately 8 ½ inches to the rails to fit the proper width. An Xterrarack only comes with two rails so I got two more from the salvage yard and wasable to cut all I needed from one so I could have three cross rails instead ofjust two. Now that it was all welded up, I broke it down and painted theplastic a flat black and the rails were painted with a tuff rhino liner. I alsogot a pair of H2 hood Handles that I painted with rhino liner.. These will beused to secure my wrap-around brush guard I’m getting built.
H318.jpgH330.jpgH325.jpg

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
Your custom roof rack is wicked cool. Thanks for sharing your build with us. :cheers:

TAPDH3T

Next I got mylights. I would have loved to get a Rigid light bar but it’s just not in my budget.I found a great set of Westin Off-road lights for just under $60 a pair andthey come with a 3 yr warranty... I purchased three sets and got my buddy whohooks up all our police cars to do my wire harness. We beefed up all the wiresand fuses to make sure that the lights were pulling all the juice they couldhandle and it was well worth it.

I ran all mywiring through the aluminum tubing. I had to drill a hole through the plasticclamps and directly through the parallel bars. I basically sat them on the barswhere I wanted them and leveled them out. Then I just took the drill rightthrough so the holes would line up. This was done on the driver side since that’sthe side the battery is on.

Once completed,we ran all the wires and placed the switches on the center console. Theswitches match the factory color and look great if I do say so myself. I usedfour switches (two on each side) one for the front wide, one front middle, onerear, and one will be used for my next project whatever it might be. Warning!!!We had to dermal out just a little where the console clips clamp but was not anissue because everything went right back into place and clipped perfectly... Ifyou have questions let me know and I can go into more detail.

Now thanks to H3Alpha21,I have installed an AirDoc Intake and K&N Filter and a Superchips FlashpaqProgrammer.. Of course I programmed for performance and as soon as I figure outthe advanced settings I will tweak it some...

Next on my listis going to be My 4” lift since I have Brand new 4” Rancho 9000xls in my shednot even out of the box, and I will be upgrading to either 35” or 37” Nitto MudGrapplers... From that point it is going to be my custom rap-a-round brushguard and steel bumper, winch and then straight into the transmission and performanceupgrades.

Attachments

• H39.jpg
    H39.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 877
  • H310.jpg
    H310.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 822
  • H311.jpg
    H311.jpg
    743.3 KB · Views: 981
  • H312.jpg
    H312.jpg
    698.8 KB · Views: 877
  • H313.jpg
    H313.jpg
    435.8 KB · Views: 784
  • H314.jpg
    H314.jpg
    380.2 KB · Views: 853
  • H315.jpg
    H315.jpg
    749.1 KB · Views: 923
  • H316.jpg
    H316.jpg
    722 KB · Views: 948
  • H317.jpg
    H317.jpg
    718.4 KB · Views: 799
  • H318.jpg
    H318.jpg
    354.4 KB · Views: 829

TAPDH3T

My computer keeps freezing up on me so here are the rest of the pics.
H314.jpgH313.jpgLights before and after shot
H317.jpgH323.jpgH324.jpgH329.jpgH337.jpglight build
H329.jpgH334.jpgH335.jpgThis is a still work in project hope yall enjoyed...

SolidusJ

You stole from me so I will repay you!!!!

102_1097.jpg
[/IMG]

How long of a drive are you from Killeen? We need to get together and BS!!!!

TAPDH3T

Thanks to SupperSapper I got my new side markers on!!!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344705816.394867.jpg
Now it looks like I need to blackout the front and rear.. And probably some rear light guards would look good..
I'm always open to suggestions!!!

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
I was going to do rear light guards but opted out of it. I feel they will just hangup and cause me issues then protect them.

TAPDH3T

Just blacked out my blinkers and brake lights to match my side markers.. Used one can of VHT Night Shades.. I will prolly go buy one more can to add a third coat...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344985715.014731.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344985731.918402.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1344985752.787703.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344985769.463250.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344985786.966302.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344985824.336691.jpg