• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

ARB feedback thread

Timgco

Hugh Hefner
i have sold quite a few ARB product sto date. Some of those members are starting to post here. Others have bought elsewhere (which is OK too). please post up some ARB product pics on your rig AND honest feedback.

I have lost quite a few pics and hoping to save some new ones...with your permission of course.

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Great idea Tim - since I've been on the fence about picking up the ARB front bumper from you for quite a while.

Zach

Mall Crawler
Here's a shot of Nacho and 06 H3 from Hungry Valley. The awnings work awesome
033.jpg

HUMMER INVESTMENTS

[o O IIIIIIII O o]
My complete honest to god feedback:

I ordered an ARB fridge for my company and for the H1. I ordered it and i got the free shipping, so you know i wait like 3-4 weeks like it and then i found out it was shipped to Arkansas! I mean shipping it somewhere in the city is ok but Arkansas?:roll: So then i canceled my order from ARB then I ordered it from Rubber Duck 4x4 and had to pay for shiping but at least they didnt shipping to a few states over. I was pieved but in the end i am moving forward and might be ordering some more thigns from ARB soon.

My product review:

My favorite accessorie so far for the H1. The fridge is awesome! keeps my food frozen and i highly recomend it. Cant say to much about just because it was built extremely well and does a high performance job!:):cheers: Highly recomend it!

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Those are really nice! Would one fit on the roof of a 3T - or are they too long?

PM Tim, There are shorter and longer ones, Nacho (solar flare H3) and I (Black H3) both have the 79" awning. Its great for trail lunches especially for you guys in AZ and if alex or another AZer dont behave you can have them sit in the sun....Look at mikkel and serge. They obviously werent behaving :wink:

Timgco

Hugh Hefner
Those are really nice! Would one fit on the roof of a 3T - or are they too long?
The ones posted so far are 79" and would stick out in front and back on the 3T.

The 49" awning works on the H3T and SUT for length. Mounting to the H3T roof line would require a rack or crossbars. the standard length on a GOBI H3T rack is just shy of 58", so putting a 49" on that either the 3T or SUT allows you to center it up and not have any length sticking out front to grab tree braches. i'm not sure where the 79" would end in back with a slantback top though. It may be OK for length than. I have seen a couple truck setup with 79" on teh side and 49" on the back.

Timgco

Hugh Hefner
My complete honest to god feedback:

I ordered an ARB fridge for my company and for the H1. My product review:

My favorite accessorie so far for the H1. The fridge is awesome! keeps my food frozen and i highly recomend it. Cant say to much about just because it was built extremely well and does a high performance job!:):cheers: Highly recomend it!

Did you buy the jacket for it also? I am told that the fridge performs better with the jacket in the hotter temps, but have not ordered one up yet.

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
2011-08-27_11-14-36_632.jpg

Serge using his arb awning. I think this is the biggest one they sell. He had his mounted to the exocage, It is uneven but thats because his H2 is a bit tall and I dont think he could reach it

08SolarFlareH3

Super Swampers
I have a few smaller ARB items and I have been 100% satisfied with them all with the exception of one. They were purchased before I knew Tim (Timgco) from Hoak 4WD while on vacation in Hershey, PA.

ARB Portable 12 Volt Air Compressor (CKMP12) - I have used it quite a few times and love it. Great portability, very convenient and the build quality is top notch. Its quite and fills my 33's in a reasonable amount of time. The hose is nice and flexible. Purchased this with the intention of removing it from the case and mounting it permanently when I install my rear air locker. Now I am debating selling it and upgrading to the CKMTP12 or CKMTA12 twin compressor but that’s still up in the air. Absolutely no complaints.

ARB 24,000lb Snatch Strap (ARB710US) - Haven’t used it to date but the build quality is great and priced right.

ARB Compact Recovery Bag (ARB503) - Nice for storing a small basic/starter recovery kit.....2 shackles, snatch strap, and not much else. Quality is also very good and will be upgrading to a bigger ARB bag in the future.

ARB E-Z Deflator Kit (ARB505) - Works great! Have used it only a few times but the quality is great. Very easy, accurate and fast tire deflation with out having to worry about loosing the valve core. Comes with a nice protective case.

ARB Small Dial Tire Gauge (ARB506) - Less then impressed with the build quality. Very disappointed in ARB for selling such a poor quality unit. Ended up listing it on eBay and losing a couple bucks. I never used it so can't comment on accuracy.

ARB Rear Air Locker (RD84) - Have yet to install it due to health issues but look forward to getting locked :)

As for pictures, this is the only one I got in my Photobucket account.............its not much but here you go
SAM_0986.jpg

I want a Safari Snorkel but that’s still a little while down the road, although I did purchase a prepainted fender off eBay for when I do decide to add one. I love the looks of the front and rear ARB bumpers but probably nothing I will work into my current build. Maybe when I pick up a 2nd 3, I will revisit the front bumper.

Last edited:

Nacho

Now with Chese
As noted by Zach and 06 H3 I have the ARB awning on my 3. thanks for the pics I don't have any of it open.

To be specific I have the 2000mm (79") awning product number ARB3111US.

Here it is on its maiden trip in Death Valley.
100_3775.jpg

I was really happy that i had this installed for Death Valley, it really paid off having shade.

Here's my review:
  • Putting the awning up is very simple and quick, I remember reading somewhere it can be done by one person but two is preferable.
  • The awning is very sturdy, I was impressed with how well it withstood the desert winds even without the guy wires.
  • Mounting is very simple, L brackets can be used to attach to most racks.
  • The PVC outer cover is very durable (I hit many low hanging branches in bishop and have not even see a mark on it)

I would suggest this awning for anyone that uses their H3 for camping or frequently does trail runs. Its nice to have a shade available anywhere.
Also I would suggest going with the biggest awning if you have the room for it.

When shopping around I found Tim had the best price and would suggest purchasing through him. His customer service cant be beat either.

Last edited:

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
everything nacho said I agree with. Awesome product and Tim is a good guy opening it with two people is easy as can be. Opening it by yourself can be done too but tougher.

SolidusJ

I remember a month or two ago there was a red H3T that looked like it was in jail in Mexico for sell . It had an ARB front bumper but only the middle part with the winch and the stock bumper all around it. I'm thinking of getting the ARB bumper and just cutting it up just like that H3T. Anyone has pictures of this T? Or just a good picture of the bumper from the front so I can make some plans on making this happen? Also anywhere to pick up a beat up bumper or a lower priced?

08SolarFlareH3

Super Swampers
I remember a month or two ago there was a red H3T that looked like it was in jail in Mexico for sell . It had an ARB front bumper but only the middle part with the winch and the stock bumper all around it. I'm thinking of getting the ARB bumper and just cutting it up just like that H3T. Anyone has pictures of this T? Or just a good picture of the bumper from the front so I can make some plans on making this happen? Also anywhere to pick up a beat up bumper or a lower priced?
It was a custom bumper, made from what used to be an ARB bumper. Personally I don't like it and it seems like a shame to cut up such a nice bumper. Always, that is just my opinion but here is the picture of the very confused looking H3T you were talking about.
picture_127494.jpg

Here is a picture of the ARB bumper for the H3
3468010.jpg

No matter were you purchase the bumper from, its going to cost you about a grand.

Last edited:

kmug

I recently got the front bumper installed and like it a lot. I'm still considering getting an air locker, but I'm very much on the fence.

2011-10-01_11-46-54_625.jpg

Timgco

Hugh Hefner
It was a custom bumper, made from what used to be an ARB bumper. Personally I don't like it and it seems like a shame to cut up such a nice bumper. Always, that is just my opinion but here is the picture of the very confused looking H3T you were talking about.
picture_127494.jpg

I agree, cutting up the ARB bumper defeats the purpose of having a full widht bumper/ full width protection. That one looks good on there for what it is, however, teh look/ function of the full width is what I like about it.

08SolarFlareH3

Super Swampers
This a long shot but Timgco is the spare tire license plate mount / light from the HUMMER H3 ARB rear bumper avaliable seperate or as a replacement? I would love one to use with a Thorparts bumper but if not, I guess I can always just get a Rock Hard spare tire mount. I just like the looks of the one included with the rear ARB bumper.

08SolarFlareH3

Super Swampers
Due to change in weather / drop in temperature my low tire light came on a couple weeks back. I could have went the easy route and used out twin Snap-On compress in the shop but I figured it would be more fun to use my ARB portable compress (CKMP12).
DSCN0640.jpg

DSCN0642.jpg

DSCN0644.jpg

Aired up from 35 to 40 PSI in no time. Compressor is very quite and stays cool. Also includes enough air house to reach the spare! Once I install my air locker, I will remove the compress from the box and mount it onboard.

Timgco

Hugh Hefner
This a long shot but Timgco is the spare tire license plate mount / light from the HUMMER H3 ARB rear bumper avaliable seperate or as a replacement? I would love one to use with a Thorparts bumper but if not, I guess I can always just get a Rock Hard spare tire mount. I just like the looks of the one included with the rear ARB bumper.

I don;t see it listed as option. I have the RockHard one now and like it. The Led brake light and l plate LED's are very bright. The only thing I have not figure out yet is how to trim the arm down so it sits in tighter to the wheel. If I do that, I loose the set screw. I also have a bolt/ nut holding it on so someone does not steel the whole thing.

SolidusJ

Thank you for the pictrures and info but to me the ARB bumper is ugly as hell and is just to much for what I do. I'm not into hitting 4ft deep water and trashing my T. I like hitting the trails that need speed and a little bit of know how, I don't have lockers and don't really think I'll ever need them. I love the frontend body lines and just need a winch for some Oh $hit times in life. Maybe I can get my hands on one someday to do the unthinkable!

Timgco

Hugh Hefner
Thank you for the pictrures and info but to me the ARB bumper is ugly as hell and is just to much for what I do. I'm not into hitting 4ft deep water and trashing my T. I like hitting the trails that need speed and a little bit of know how, I don't have lockers and don't really think I'll ever need them. I love the frontend body lines and just need a winch for some Oh $hit times in life. Maybe I can get my hands on one someday to do the unthinkable!

It sound slike you might be better off looking at a stubby bumper or winch mount plate. It will add minimal weight and you will have your winch mounted up higher like that one...and save some cash. I'd prefer another thread for the other options available, but there are 4 others available without any custom work needed.