• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H3 Rock Sliders

Schwarttzy

Sponsor
Price is $590 (includes powder coating) + Shipping

Made from 2" by 5" and 1/4" thick square tubing with half inch thick steal mounting brackets these rock sliders are NOT going any where. The price includes a heavy duty black powder coating with other color options for a bit more. Covers the entire rocker panel surface, stops door dings, provides a pivot point against trees and rocks, and a convenient rail to access the roof. They are a tad heavy weighing in at 84lb, but it's a small sacrifice for tremendous durability and price.

Rock-Sliders.jpg

Current Version
IMAG0177.jpg

First prototype, Tubing is now much longer.
IMAG0455.jpg

First prototype, Tubing is now much longer.
IMAG0478.jpg

Last edited:

is350

schwarttzy, was there ever any problem with having the sliders so close to the rocker panel? u had talked about it on your youtube video

Last edited:

Schwarttzy

Sponsor
schwarttzy, was there ever any problem with having the sliders so close to the rocker panel? u had talked about it on your youtube video

None so far, the plastic did rub the powder coat shiny but no damage to the plastic or powder coat so far. By the way the powder coat is a flat black not glossy in case you were wondering.

is350

None so far, the plastic did rub the powder coat shiny but no damage to the plastic or powder coat so far. By the way the powder coat is a flat black not glossy in case you were wondering.
so wat would happen when u hit something and the slider flexes a little, sorry for all the questions just doing the research

Last edited:

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
I've been a fan of the Rocky Roads but these do look good and may have some advantages, like the 4th mounting point being used. I can't speak for the Schwartzy ones but I do know the RRs can flex up and hit the body seam, creating dimples at each of the three bars that serve as the braces. That of course is not a good testament to the RRs. I'm stoked that we have another option for rock sliders.

58Bisc

Well guys, I was willing to put my money where my mouth is. I had Schwarttzy build me a set that would fit with a 1 inch body lift. I'm not a fan of a big gap with the sliders and the body lift. They shipped out on Friday, and I should have them by Tuesday of this week. I will be more then happy to give an honest review of how they fit and once I get off road I'll let you know if they hit.

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Schwarttzy, I sent a potential slider customer your way today - emailed him a link to your website. His name is Ryan.

Nice guy, I hope to be wheeling with him soon.

tomp

These look better than the RR sliders. Can you please show pic of the mounting brackets? The RR ones look weak

Schwarttzy

Sponsor
Schwarttzy, I sent a potential slider customer your way today - emailed him a link to your website. His name is Ryan.

Nice guy, I hope to be wheeling with him soon.

Thanks for helping me out, I'm hooking him up with some sliders. I'm bummed that I don't the have time to get them powder-coated though, but I'll have a few photos of me building them this weekend.

Schwarttzy

Sponsor
These look better than the RR sliders. Can you please show pic of the mounting brackets? The RR ones look weak

The mounts are extremely beefy. I have them made out of half inch by two inch thick laser cut steel.

IMAG0003.jpg

By the way this is the finished, non-prototype, Rocker Panel Protection (Rock Sliders)
IMAG00.jpg

Schwarttzy

Sponsor
Got a new toy thanks to the recent purchase from Ryan, should make things a ton easier on myself.

IMAG0065.jpg

Did a fantastic job cutting the pipe on the floor.

Medic_Morgan

Haha yeah I'm assuming its either the 05 or 06(I had a black 06). It was the last year they made the 6r(636) and 6rr(race version 599). I actually just sold it about 6months ago since I promised the wifey I'd be responsible when she got prego(no more freeway wheelies ;) ). I feel it was the best 600 class bike made and with a few mods kept up w/ most litre bikes. Btw saving still for the rear mounts and sliders ;)

Sent from my secret lair bwaaahhahahahah

Schwarttzy

Sponsor
Haha yeah I'm assuming its either the 05 or 06(I had a black 06). It was the last year they made the 6r(636) and 6rr(race version 599). I actually just sold it about 6months ago since I promised the wifey I'd be responsible when she got prego(no more freeway wheelies ;) ). I feel it was the best 600 class bike made and with a few mods kept up w/ most litre bikes. Btw saving still for the rear mounts and sliders ;)

Ya I absolutely love the bike, it will be extremely hard for me to ever get ride of mine, wife or not. I used to be into Mustangs, but after third really hard twist of the throttle while riding it, I knew that my days of owning sports cars were over. Just so much power from the factory, it's just amazing.

Congratz on the prego, but it is a bummer to hear you had to get ride of the bike. And I look forward to building you a set sliders and mounts.

Medic_Morgan

Thanks for the congrats :) after being in my line of work for 6yrs you see the dangers of riding a bike. Buuuuut with that said I really did enjoy stunting in parking lots. I see it as what I don't spend on the bike I get to spend on the H3 ;) ;). Also I was told but my boss lady that if I am tempted to buy another bike down the road it has to be a Ducati so I think I can live w/ a little bit of a wait :)

Sent from my secret lair bwaaahhahahahah