• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Ebay: H3 Billet Hood Louver Panel w/Handles

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member

08SolarFlareH3

Super Swampers
Great price and like Luis said, it could easily be sand blasted and powder coated black. Iirc the seller will accept offers 25% off the listing, so you should be able to get one for $186.75.

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Corey, these look like the Defenderworx louvers licensed by GM. What do you think? If so, these suckers still retail for around $800!

I may have to get 2 - one for me that I'd powder-coat black and one that I'd leave chrome for Cotilo's rig.

Portager

■ ☼▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ ☼■
Yes, it is the Zmag. The Defenderworx says HUMMER across the front.

IMG_6245.jpg

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
My hood louver arrived today - my wife didn't want it for her mall crawler blinged H3 (I did give her the first shot at it!) She passed on it :), so, I'm dropping it off with the powder coater to get it blasted and pc'ed black:

$(KGrHqV,!lcE-lETJkBLBP7dWHItLw~~60_12.JPG

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
My hood louver arrived today - my wife didn't want it for her mall crawler blinged H3 (I did give her the first shot at it!) She passed on it :), so, I'm dropping it off with the powder coater to get it blasted and pc'ed black:

$(KGrHqV,!lcE-lETJkBLBP7dWHItLw~~60_12.JPG
Does this mean I get to cut into your hood? 12 pack, sawzall and a magic marker and I'll be good to go!

Last edited:

joshua

I did best offer and got mine for $200 as well. Shipping on top of that. It should be here this week but I'm not sure how long it will take me to get it powder-coated. Whoever can get it coated and get to their sawzall first.. please post some pics!

4u33er

Got mine today as well, very bling bling. Got it for $200 plus ship but I had eBay bucks so got for $180 =)

The box says zmag on it, didn't know it retailed for $600. I thought this was the realwheels ones, anyone know the difference?

I might keep it shiny as it matches the grill little bit, but most likely will end up using plasti dip to black it out or even wrap it in vinyl.

Like to have the option to revert it back.

Also this thing is pretty heavy, has anyone thought about how the hoods gonna prop up after it stalling this things? The hood struts might not be able to support to weight anymore.

Last edited:

DaWgPoUnD

I have this exact hood louver installed and the hood struts support it fine. Just be mindful when bolting it down as the torque will collapse/buckle the hood if you are not careful. Additionally, (if you dont modify your hood further) consider sealing the hood clip locations where the OEM louver was attached as it will leak water onto the top of the motor.

4u33er

Glad to know the hood struts can still support it.

Thanks for the tip on the hood clips, although I will be cutting holes on my hood to make this louver functional so might not mind the original clip locations leaking some water.