• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

HUNNER EXtreme SKIDS

Hunner

I will try to get you an answer to those questions tomorrow.
I have it set up on PayPal to simplify things.
Thanks

Hunner

Thanks, just trying to help. The guy did not return my call yesterday. I will ring him up again today.

Hunner

The big concern is I want a set of the new bend and I let the last set I had go to someone needing them before a big trip!!
I will go in person Monday and remind them I still am waiting, but in a very polite way.

Timgco

Hugh Hefner
...sent an overseas freind your way. He has an H3A he is building. We're shipping a bunch of stuff to him. He wants your skids!!! If they are ready in time, we can throw in the container and ship.

Hunner

Thanks, I will try again to get these going. I will hand carry the CNC laser file up there this time.
If I don't have them in time I can still ship overseas, I have done that several times. I will get the details from you when I get some.

58Bisc

Just a quick bump to see if any progress was made. I found a set of BA shock slider to hold me off, but would like a set of your new designed shock slides (I run Bilstein shocks) and of course your spring sliders.

Hunner

Ha ha I just walked in from going to a third place to have them quote me. This is a smaller shop and seem to be very interested. I should have a quote in a couple of days.
I don't know how long the production will take if the price is acceptable. Hopefully it's fair and about the same.
They also are going to make me prototype light pods to fit on my bumper mod.
It has been frustrating trying to get the skids made but I want to keep it local so I have control over them.
I plan to order 40 sets and have over half of those people pre-ordered but have not paid for. I want to wait as always until I get them for money.
I can let you know more in a couple of days if they come thru.
Mine were the old bend and I can see where the Bilsteins have been wearing on them.
Thanks

Hunner

The skids are a different story now.
If you have followed the threads my original fabricator dropped me as he got a huge contract and would no longer provide them at any price.
I was getting a really good deal from them as they needed the work back then.
So even though I have kept the price the same for several batches and absorbed some of the cost I will have to charge more now and make less to keep the price down.
I am getting quotes two and 1/2 times to 6 times my previous cost!
I had five places work up quotes but already see the average is way up.
We got off cheap for a while.
One place called and is twice what I thought was already a really high price so I have to pickup my pattern and drawings from those jerks.
The old price was $165 shipped which I knew was a bargain but not sure anyone knew how good. Hopefully the USPS won't go belly up before I ship these.
More negotiating and talking this up I found a place that a close friend is related to the owners, so has offered me a better deal on a one time basis.
I will have to charge $200 plus $15 shipping to cover expenses, of fabrication and material, shipping, PayPal, income tax, media material and time. I have to run this thru my business to buy them wholesale as again that is the only way they are set up to sell. I also was hit with a minimum now of 40 sets. So I cannot justify throwing out thousands up front for this next batch. I'm not sure how much longer the market will absorb these items. The place that has now agreed to cut me a set for fitment will use a plasma table rather than laser. It was explained and shown to me the slightly beveled edge the plasma torch creates. I want the holes punched for a clean and accurate fit to the ubolts and test fit them to see what happens.
I guess for something we are going to bash over rocks that is not a problem for the other edges.
I invested and speculated in some Hummer parts and had to replace some of my equipment in my boat repair business and pay estimated taxes. I'm still looking for Obam' to "build" my business but he has not showed up yet to powerwash/sand blast with my 4000 psi machines in 110 degree temperatures?
I have to finally accept payment first, make the deposit when I have enough and then start production. Times are tough and to do this legally and cover my business expenses and claim the income I have to do it right. This is just a side project to serve the Hummer community on the forums and I have to be careful with my capitol outlay.
If it all blows up and goes to **** in a hand basket I will of course refund any money collected.
These as most know by now are custom built "skids" that are wider than some others, thicker (1/4 inch), protect the shock mount and provide a "skid" surface to get you over things and DO NOT pre-compress your shock two inches, loosing travel.
I have put the same set I had on my 06 after trying the 3/16 for awhile and upgrading to 1/4, on my 08 thru all of my journeys and feel that has been a good test of their durability.
I have a list of those that have waited and explained at that time the increase was probably going to hit us on this next order I just did not know how much.
So if these pre-sell I will honor the list in the order that I have received the requests.
If not I'm done.
As always until I get my set in two weeks and check them out I don't want payment. Hopefully at that time they will give me a production date and I can make a deposit to begin when I have enough orders to pay.
I don't claim to be a big business and to play it safe I have to put this out there to see what happens.
It would wipe out my play money for making trips and has already caused me to cancel some plans to pay it all up front.
Sorry for the reality check and sticker shock from our oringinal runs of these. It is what it is and I will do my best to get this going. I shopped hard to get the best price.
I just need a confirmation of how many still want these at that price.
Sincerly
Dave Hunter aka Hunner
DBA Secondwind Services

Hunner

If you still want a set of these please let me know. It's only a couple of 30 packs more!
If you no longer want these please let me know
Backwoods
cgalpha08
pappibi
lchase
Delta88
mustanggirl666
AlphaofJonesy
that is my partial list I had
thanks

ALPHA of JONESY

Hunner, You can still count on me for a set, $215 is still a good price and I feel its money well spent for the protection they provide. I will be on the lookout for your "GO, NO GO" update.

Hunner

Right now I'm looking at selling these for $200 a set of four pieces and $15 shipping, unless something changes. It's either that or reduce something which could only be not media blasting them and take a bigger hit on what l was making which is not encouraging for the trouble.
I'm still waiting on my test set this week sometime hopefully.
Then they of course want start up money up front, and balance when completed which at the increased cost is beyond what I want to spend to get 40 sets. I may try to get them to let me get 20 but with 25 sort of spoken for I would just have to go back for more and could be even higher.
As I stated on the other thread I would have to get payment up front in order to complete the deal this time as I have made other investments.
Right now my list of 25 that wanted them for several months is fading fast so maybe right now the market is saturated or they are waiting on something new without the features of this design.
That is where it stands for now.
Sorry for repeating any of that, just wanted to make it clear.

Last edited:

Hunner

I have another place that seems to want to deal with these that I went to today. But again not until next week to get a prototype so I can see their skills.
I have not given up yet.
We did negotiate a deal that may come out a bit cheaper and I can get smaller quantities. Let's see if this blows up or not.

H3Hrly

Btw, I'll be back on ark around Xmas visiting parents. Looking forward to seeing the ozarks again. Go Hogs!

Hunner

Thanks that helps.
I am working on the list hard and contacting as many people that were on the list as I can.
I will go by the list of people that have contacted me that they want them first, for payment after I inspect the sample.
Once again today I traveled north of the river to meet with the last shop and an individual that has a plasma table.
(found out he may not be able to bend them)
This is like a fairy tale.
I think it is a go for one or more places to make me a sample. So I will at least have a set with room for the larger shock mount that comes on Bilstein and maybe others for myself. I just have to wait on them.
If it is a go next week I will inform the low bidder to make at least 10 sets as he agreed would be ok, depending on orders I get.
After that I don't know what will happen on future batches.
This will be for all four pieces shipped. I have not found anyone else offering the fronts but do have some people wanting only those to go with other designs.