• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Preferred Chassis Fab - exclusive to H4O

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
H4O is fortunate to have some great partners including Preferred Chassis Fabrication. We've entered an exclusive deal where H4O is the exclusive source for HUMMER items sold by Preferred Chassis Fabrication. He is designing, manufacturing, marketing, selling and supporting these items solely for HUMMER 4x4 Off Road members in good standing.

To that end, Dwaine has requested that ALL initial inquiries be started via Private Message. You may PM him at PreferredChassisFab. (Click the link to start a PM). No other initial inquiries for these exclusive parts will be accepted.

A couple of people have asked me (alrock) why this is H4O exclusive and it goes primarily to that this is not Preferred Chassis Fabrications's first line of business - he's doing this as a favor and service to those that he's befriend on H4O, both locally and nationally. If he can help out some friends then it's a nice win for all involved.

Thank you,
Dwaine and your staff at H4O

Last edited:

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Great to hear! Keeping his products exclusive to H4O will bring new members and make this forum even better.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
Wonderful and exciting news! What sort of Hummer goodies does Dwight manufacture?

>Sent from my Secret Phone Shoe using Tapatalk<

Pappibri

Yes, we need a link showing what all he offers and makes.. But will PM him to inquire, because inquiring minds want to know.. :huh:Thanks alrock.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
All of his products will be posted here. Right now it's the front diff crossmember and the second part, under development, are the upper control arms.

Hunner

I sent a pm. This is something I tried to get going but found the normal, huh for a Hummer?? I was hoping as mileage begin to get up there that there would be more interest and someone would get involved. This is great.
This is the next logical upgrade for me after the steering rack sleeve and Bulletproof tie rods. I got 52,000 miles on the Alpha and of course it knows that so things started needing attention. ha ha leaking pinion seal and maybe axle seals. Bumper to bumper may not work and I got a feeling they may not be covered in the drive train warranty.
edit: my friendly GMC dealer said they would cover it.
While this can be addressed on another thread I want to bring it up while I remember it. lol
I know there were some different sources but I wanted to know if Dwaine will look into the drive shaft while he is in H3 mode. When I get into the seal replacement would be a good time to examine the health of that joint. I have seen some of the ideas others have had but it would be great for him to consider this also. If not maybe he could help us with alternatives.
H3 Hummers live on!

Last edited:

PreferredChassisFab

Yosemite Sam
I am looking into availability of components that are COTS for use in the manufacture of the repairable, replacement H3/H3T upper control arms. Due to the unique ball joint mounting to the spindle there are not a lot of suitable components available. I am currently looking at two different joint options; a aftermarket "Chrysler style" screw-in joint and a rebuildable joint designed for high angle capabilaties. Both require a custom manufactured "adapter stud" to accept the spindle. Component/material cost and finished sale price point needs to evaluated to keep the product "saleable".

Last edited:

PreferredChassisFab

Yosemite Sam
I am looking into availability of components that are COTS for use in the manufacture of the repairable, replacement H3/H3T upper control arms. Due to the unique ball joint mounting to the spindle there are not a lot of suitable components available. I am currently looking at two different joint options; a aftermarket "Chrysler style" screw-in joint and a rebuildable joint designed for high angle capabilaties. Both require a custom manufactured "adapter stud" to accept the spindle. Component/material cost and finished sale price point needs to evaluated to keep the product "saleable".

-I edited the post to reflect the fact that the current effort is for H3/H3T Upper Arms Only-

Due to the fact that the two designs are completely different, what is the 4HO community thought on the type of arms being built? Does the market support a OEM design replaceable ball joint and bushing design or the "COOL FACTOR" of aftermarket customer rebuildable joints? Both will be a fabricated replacement arm and manufactured spindle adapter, but the pricing for the rebuildable joint design could be 30% to 40% higher due to the component cost difference.

Hunner

So is that replaceable components vs re-build-able and price point being the main difference?
In my case it seems about 50,000 twice (two different H3's) and the amount of wheeling I do is when things have already begin to get loose enough up there to be noticed. I can tell the difference when it starts to get bad as the rest of my components are snugged up.
I am not familiar with the re-build-able but at some point would all the components have to be exchanged anyway?
I for one would be happy just being able to replace the bushings and ball joint with something available at local parts places anywhere USA but using the new design a-arm.
Will it have any advantages if considered to be needed by adding any caster or camber?

I believe the active members on here represent "some" of the most likely people to go off-road as seen by the picture reports, and as a result with increasing mileage will also be the likely customers. I hope we can make it worth your while and support you for giving us this opportunity.
Are we talking about something sort of like this example I have shown before but was sort of what I thought was being considered? I believe you are talking about a conventional type of ball joint. I don't have an opinion one way or the other I was just asking for information. Your the one to let us know what you think is best for our application.
Help me with the terms but is this a uni-ball and what if any are the advantages/disadvantages of this. Can it be greased?
Thanks for your efforts and knowledge.
Upper-AArm-400-01.jpg

This is the condition of my Alpha at about 52,000 miles and I want to fix this. With weight on it of course things tighten up some but it causes some bump steer that was not there 20,000 miles ago. Part of that knocking sound was the steering rack with the rubber bushing blown out and I was installing a sleeve so shot some video.
Click for scary video!!

Last edited:

PreferredChassisFab

Yosemite Sam
I kinda like COOL FACTOR but my question is this:

Assuming the latter version will result in a higher up-front customer cost, would they be serviceable/rebuildable with easy-to-find and affordable replacement joints, that in the long run, make up for and justify the higher up-front cost?
The joints are rebuildable using a special spanner socket. This socket also allows the "pre-load" to be adjusted if joint loosens. Joints are greaseable and rebuild only involves replacement of polyurethane "races". The "carrier" will be part of the fabricated arm and the other parts (also replaceable-if damaged) are the nickel plated pivot ball, adjustment nut, set screw and snap ring and washer.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
30%-40% isn't a bad difference to get a great product especially if it might meet a wider range of needs. We of course can't be crazy with price as that dooms some products.

PreferredChassisFab

Yosemite Sam
The upper control arms are progressing. Currently finalizing the digital cad design/machine paths with the machine shop so the design will integrate to the stock Hummer spindle design.

Secondly if there are any un-needed front diff c-members preferably any early design units sitting arround, PCF would be interested in purchasing them to build its core inventory.

GreatDaneHummer

I really wish I was in AZ close to you vs. downtown Chicago. Currently I have tried many times now to work with a machine shop to build custom skid plates that I designed through solid works but generally no one wants business up here I guess lol. Most things when it comes to my Hummer is not about price, its about quality. I want nothing but the best indestructible parts so when you make your control arms please make them as solid "bullet proof" as possible. Thanks for over nighting the front diff c-member. I have a few guys just waiting to put it on this evening, then its off for a 1k mile trip.