• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Please welcome Knight Metal Works - Scarsman- as our newest vendor

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
As has been said, build it and they will come. It seems like Scarsman has built a better mousetrap, or at least roof rack :), and is ready to take in some customers. Let's support our Washington Chapter President and newest Sponsor, Scarsman and Knight Metal Works!

Last edited:

H3slate

Brush raked
Congrats Scarsman!! I am a proud owner of a Knight Metal Works Rack. Can't wait to get back up there so we can build some other accessories. :shifty:

Last edited:

Scarsman

Sponsor
Thank you everyone! I'll be putting some info in my new vendor room soon. Since I built my own roof rack, there has been interest, and once I built H3slate's rack there seemed to be more interest. I have also been doing some other things with metal locally, so I finally decided to take the plunge and make it official. I got all the paper work and set up an actual business, so now, at the very least, I can write off tools!!!:wink:

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
I'm sure an H3T rack is on the list?? :wink:

>Sent from my Secret Phone Shoe using Tapatalk

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
Congrats!! Its guys like you that aftermarket support falls on and you answer with awesome products!!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Congrats man! That's a dream of mine...a side job fab shop.

Your work is awesome and top notch IMO.

Question: how heavy are your racks?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Congrats & thank you for making and supplying these to us! So, who's first? :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Id love to see an aluminum rack made, that would really save weight for the COG concerned individuals. How doable is that? I know I can weld aluminum with an add on to the welder so yours may be the same.

Scarsman

Sponsor
Congrats man! That's a dream of mine...a side job fab shop.

Your work is awesome and top notch IMO.

Question: how heavy are your racks?

Thank you! H3slate's rack weighed 108 pounds without the ammo boxes. That included the jack mount, which probably adds 3 pounds or so.

Id love to see an aluminum rack made, that would really save weight for the COG concerned individuals. How doable is that? I know I can weld aluminum with an add on to the welder so yours may be the same.

That is definately in the future. I am not set yet to weld aluminum. I would like to be by the end of the year. We'll have to see how things go.

An aluminum rack is very doable. It would likely cost a little more, but I think it would be well worth it for the weight difference. Once I am set up to do it I will be building one for my truck. I used to work at a boat plant welding aluminum fishing boats, so I am very familiar with and like working with aluminum. If any of you have a Hewes Craft fishing boat from the mid 90's, I may have welded part of it. :wink:

The little wire feed welders "can" weld aluminum, but are very poor at it. They only have a push feed system for the wire, and aluminum wire is very soft, so they will bind up a lot very easy. You really need a push/pull system or a spool gun to do it right without wanting to smash your machine with a pipe wrench.

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Thanks for the info! In terms of strength would it be comparable to the steel racks?

Hummjay

Wild Thang
congrats!!!!!!!!! looking fowars to getting one of those sweet racks in the future!:cheers:

x2!! Congrats, Robert! :woot: Yes, mighty fine racks indeed! Thanks for sharing your talents and providing such an excellent product. Can't wait to get one of those in the future for myself. You're quite the artist and have made some other cool stuff as well, so don't forget to provide a link to your website (I'd do it but not sure if you're ready yet) :shifty:

Hummjay

Wild Thang
No worries, Robert. No need to beat yourself up. After all, it's not like you didn't have a thousand and one things to do before you launched KMW. :wink:

Scarsman

Sponsor
Thats a pretty cool website Robert! Can't wait to see what you come up with int he future!

Thank you. I am very impressed with what my son is doing with it. My dad gave him a book on HTML, and he has gone hog wild! He has done all that from a book and with some input from my dad. And he has been finding online tutotials on HTML and javascript. He lost me a long time ago on all that! Oh, and he's 12!